Final

Breathe (For Me)

I’M BAAAAACK!!! Yeah sorry guys, been really lazy lately. Life, oh how I hate thee. Guys I swear, the struggle is real. DAMN YOU STUPID STAPLER -.-  ...don't even ask, you don't want to know. Just know that staplers are very evil and won't hesitate to stab its fangs into you. Yes I have a thing against staplers, don't judge me.  Anyways enough with my issues... THE SEQUEL IS FINALLY HERE!!! *celebrates* Just a fair warning, it’s REALLY long. Believe me guys, on a document, it’s freaking sixteen pages… Should I separate it into three parts? I don’t know, can’t decide. Or I can shorten it and put a poll up if I should continue it. Nah… Just don't kill me guys if it's not what you wanted, I tried.



Narrator's POV
 

 

Yifan smiled gently as he saw two birds fly in the distance, their soft chirps rang in his ears; however only for a short while. As the two birds flew farther away from him, he could no longer hear their sweet chirping; Yifan resisted the urge to sigh for the umpteenth time. Silence once again reigned over the area with an iron fist, yet Yifan paid no mind to it and carried on his way.

 

~Flashback~

Seventeen year old Yifan walked leisurely as the girl next to him ran on ahead, leaving him behind. "Yifan oppa come on, hurry up! Lulu won't bother waiting for us if we take any longer." Yifan rolled his eyes at her childness, as well as her urgency to meet up with Luhan. But nevertheless, to please her, he picked up his pace (which was an easy feat, thanks to his long legs). It was obvious that Yifan was a slightly jealous of Luhan, but it was unreasonable since she would never view Luhan that in that manner. Yes, it's true that Luhan has his good looks and outstanding football (soccer) skills, but she would never like Luhan in that kind of way and for one sole reason only.. "Calm down Saki. I'm pretty sure that if your step brother genuinely wanted to meet up with us, he would wait; no matter how long we take." Sakura (Saki, the nickname in which she only allows Yifan to utilize; anyone else and they die, including Luhan) groaned under her breath, "Having Lulu as my step brother for a few years now and knowing him since we were kids, you know very well that it's not like him to wait for me. He has despised me for that time when I made him wait like forever for me. Remember that one time? And even when he does want to see or meet up with me, he still won't wait. So pali pali, we have to hurry!" Yifan softly sighed, clearly annoyed.  He wondered why he let himself get dragged into this mess in the first place. Stuffing his hands into his pockets, he watched as Sakura dashed ahead of him; however, he soon started to run as well when he realized that she was actually serious and wasn't going to tolerate his sluggishness. "YAH~wait for me!"

 

Yifan grumbled under his breath as he blew the hair out of his face. "Saki remind me again, why on earth did Luhan want to study at Yonsei University in Korea in the first place? Was China not good enough for him? Or boarding school?" Sakura sighed at Yifan's complaints and hit his arm with the back of her hand harshly. She had had enough of his constant complaining on the way here. Sensing his icy glare on her, she turned to face him and crossed her arms across her chest. "Would it kill you to stop complaining? Just for five minutes? We're almost there anyways. Look, you can see our tree in front of the campus from afar." Yifan merely half-heartedly nodded, which didn't go unnoticed by Sakura. Yet at the moment she was too relieved that he had finally stopped complaining to say anything. She wanted to savor the silence. However as they neared Yonsei's campus and sat under the shade of their tree, Yifan still had not said a word and the atmosphere was starting to get uncomfortable for Sakura. She glanced at Yifan and noticed that he was looking at anything but her. Her heart clenched at the sight, was he mad at her? Sakura softly sighed and carefully put her hand on top of his, waiting for a reaction. Yifan looked up at the contact of her hand touching his and turned to look at her. However his face held no expression, his eyes were blank and frighteningly cold. Sakura blinked in disbelief, Yifan had never stared at her like that; he always smiled when they were together. Sakura then instantly regretted telling him to shut up. She would much rather have Yifan constantly complaining and talking nonstop to her rather than one that was cold and distant towards her. "Yifannie, are you angry with me?" Yifan's eyes instantly softened and a small smile graced his lips as he noticed Sakura’s concern. He put his other hand on top of hers and softly squeezed it. "No I'm not. And you know why?" Sakura shook her head, but was relieved that Yifan was not mad at her. He lightly chuckled. "Because I don't have the heart to. No matter what you do Saki, I will always forgive you.." Yifan's voice lowered to point where Sakura couldn't even hear it. "Only because I love you, Saki. Perhaps this is what love is. No matter the stupid, foolish actions, one still manages to love and forgive them. No matter their appearance, you still love them for who they are..." Sakura placed her head on Yifan's lap. She knew that there was no point questioning Yifan about what he had just said because he wouldn't repeat it for her. "Yifan, I'm tired. Tell me when Hannie comes out, okay? I'm going to take a small nap.” Yifan nodded and patted her head, as he realized that she couldn't really see him as her face was turned the other way. As Yifan noticed her eyes had closed and stopped fluttering; her breathing slowed, signaling that she had fallen asleep. Yifan quietly chuckled. "Saki, why do you wait for Luhan since he doesn't wait for you? You must really love Luhan as your step brother, don't you?"

 

As Luhan left Yonsei campus and neared the tree, he noticed that Yifan was fighting sleep, but was obviously losing, while Sakura was fast asleep on his lap. Upon seeing such a cute sight, Luhan immediately felt guilty for taking so long. Something had come up and he simply had to stay. While he never has the patience to wait for his step sister anymore, she still has the heart to wait for him, dragging Yifan to wait with her as well. 'Next time..' Luhan silently promised in his mind. 'Next time, I'll wait for her.' Luhan smiled as he noticed from the distance that Yifan had finally given up on fighting the urge to sleep. He then wondered if he should really approach them since Yifan had just succumbed to sleep and too cruel. After a few minutes of standing in the middle of the road, thinking, Luhan decided to wave away his concern and simply interrupt their nap, despite the very cute and precious Yifan and Sakura moment. As Luhan neared the tree and his two best friends, he distinctly noticed Yifan’s sleeping position and his stepsister’s very deep slumber on Yifan's lap (now now, no dirty thoughts here). He started to feel slightly bad for waking the two up, but what goes up, must come down; meaning that their nap had to end now.

 

Yifan was sleeping quite soundly when he felt someone's rather cold finger poking his cheek. As a result, Yifan hissed in annoyance and turned away, away from the contact of the cold finger on his cheek. Yet the person was relentless and continued to torture the now half-awake Yifan, causing Yifan to snarl and almost thrash his body about like a child having a tantrum; However he stopped when he remembered that Sakura was asleep on his lap. He knew that she wasn't poking him since he could still distinctly feel her weight on his legs, so he wondered, ‘Who the hell dares to disturb my beauty sleep?’ Reluctantly and curiously, Yifan's eyelids slowly willed themselves to flutter open. "Well well well, seems as if the ugly duckling has finally woken up." Luhan chided. Yifan's eyes dangerously narrowed and he grabbed Luhan by his uniform shirt. "What the hell is wrong with you? You have the worst possible timing! Why do you have to come out now? When I just had fallen asleep? WHY?!" Luhan simply stared at Yifan and cocked his head; he wasn't in the least bit intimidated by Yifan's outburst, he had grown  used to it by now from his years of experience. "You know, you're going to wake Kuira (Luhan's nickname for Sakura; Yifan mostly uses Saki) up if you keep at it." Yifan glanced at Sakura and sighed, he knew how much she loved her sleep, but since Luhan  was finally here, it was time for her to wake up too; just without him trying to kill Luhan. "Fine, but you owe me an explanation for your tardiness. Well you owe US an explanation, to be exact." Luhan sighed and ran a hand through his hair; he knew that he would have to explain, just not now. "Luhan, I'm serious." "Yeah yeah I know ugly duckling. Later, I promise." "Shut up, don't call me ugly duckling."

 

"So Kuira, what do you want to eat? Oppa's treat since he made you wait so long." "Wait Lulu, are treating Yifannie too?" Luhan's bright, happy expression fell. "No he's paying for himself." Because of Luhan’s rude action, Yifan looked up and quickly gave Luhan a death stare. However, Luhan merely waved it off. "Yah, you know I also waited for you too." Luhan shrugged. "Yes, but the ugly duckling can pay for himself, can't he?" "Enough with all this 'ugly duckling' crap already!" "Lulu come on, please? I'll do aegyo." "Alright fine, just please no aegyo. Yours is too irresistible." Sakura smiled and looked up at Yifan, who ruffled her hair in appreciation. "You never answered my question. What do you want to eat, Kuira?" Sakura, being the youngest and of course the childish amongst the three obviously chose things that weren't to be classified as 'real food'. "Patbingsu and bubble milk tea!" Both Luhan and Yifan shook their head and chuckled. "Kuira later. Real food first, 'Kay?" Sakura pouted, but nevertheless reluctantly nodded her head.

 

"Kuira where are you going? You're not finished with your food yet." Yifan sighed at her elder's overprotectiveness, that were more like father-like qualities towards Sakura. "Lay off on her, Luhan. Give her some freedom." Luhan glared at Yifan and silently told him to be quiet. Sakura looked at Luhan and sarcastically smiled. "Appa I'm just going to the bathroom or do you want to come with me too?" Yifan snickered at Sakura's response to Luhan, causing the latter to mutter, "Shut up ugly duckling." under his breath. Yifan slammed his fist on the table, causing everyone in the cafe to stare at them, but he could care less at the moment. "SERIOUSLY, ENOUGH WITH THIS 'UGLY DUCKLING' ! I MAY NOT BE AS GOOD LOOKING AS YOU, BUT I'M GETTING THERE, JEEZ!" Sakura sighed as she saw everyone was still staring at them. As much as she loved both Yifan and Luhan, times like these made her wish that she didn't know either of them. "Uhm guys, people are staring at us..." Luhan shrugged, while Yifan snorted. "And? Let them be, Saki. Who cares what they think, I sure as hell don't." Sakura rolled her eyes at her two best friends and bowed at the customers that were in the cafe, as an apology for disturbing them. She then dashed off to the bathroom. When Luhan was sure that Sakura was in the bathroom, he stared at Yifan as a smirk graced his lips. "Luhan, what do you want now?" Luhan faked shock and tried to act innocent, but failed. "What do you mean? I don-... Alright I can't do this. I'll just get to it. You like Kuira, don't you? And it's more than obvious that she likes you too." Yifan looked at Luhan skeptically. "Yeah and?" "Must I spell it out for you, ugly duckling? Ask. Her. Out. And no, I won't stop calling you that until I feel as if it doesn’t suit you. Keke." " You're truly evil, hyung. But I don't know, I want to make it special, you know; when I ask her out." Luhan grimaced. " Damn I didn't realize that you were one of those cheesy guys. Fine I'll help you." "Who said that I wanted your help?" "Do you want it ugly duckling or not? Because this is your only chance in making it "special", with my help." Yifan sighed. "I'll probably regret this, but fine. Help me." Luhan smiled. " You'll thank me later."

 

"So are you ever going to tell us why you were so late, Luhan? I think it's a good time to tell us now." Luhan glanced at Sakura, only to see her nodding her head,

agreeing with Yifan. He sighed, realizing the there was no escape from telling them now. "You guys really want to know?" Yifan scoffed. "Well obviously. It can't be that bad, I'm pretty sure that the great Luhan wouldn't do anything illegal or horrible enough." "Yifan, just let Lulu tell us. Lulu, go on." Luhan took a deep breath. "Alright so as I was leaving the campus, I was scouted by an SM Ent. casting agent, who then recommended me to audition for SM's annual Casting System." The other two looked at their best friend in disbelief, however, Sakura was the first to react. She hugged Luhan as tight as she could until he told her that he couldn't breathe. Yifan, broke out of his shock and patted Luhan on his back. "Great job hyung. Why didn't you want to tell us?" Luhan shrugged. "I just didn't want to go through all that embarrassment again. Remember that incident with JYP Entertainment? I had auditioned, but had failed to get cast? I didn't want to go through that again. What if I don't pass this audition too?" "You won't. You'll have me to help you, I passed the audition when I lived in Canada at one point. Remember?"  Sakura squealed, causing both boys to look at her strangely since she rarely ever squealed. "If Lulu passes this audition, then you guys might be on the same band! But I'm not sure if it's exciting for either one of you though."

 

 

~End of Flashback~

 

Yifan smiled at the flashback, things were perfect then. What happened..? So many things actually, things he wished that would never be brought up again. Yifan looked up and saw Yonsei University; he was on the campus. Not only that, but he was under the shade of the tree; their tree. Yifan suddenly then realized that his feet had taken him to exactly where part of his flashback had taken place. Tears began to brim his usual dull and cold eyes, but he blinked them away. Sakura wouldn't want him to cry because of her, not here at least. A bitter smile crossed his lips as he gently picked a few cherry blossoms from the tree. He hadn't been here in so long, merely because he had been avoiding the tree and the campus overall; too many precious memories were spent here. It'd be a waste to tarnish them by wondering what could've been if things didn't turn out as they did. Holding the cherry blossoms up to his nose, Yifan took in the scent and smiled sadly at what it reminded him most of. Sakura. It was reasonable that she had loved cherry blossoms, it was her name after all. Her favorite flower. While Luhan had given her the nickname Kuira, Yifan's for her was Saki. Luhan's nickname didn't really hold much meaning, other than the fact that it was the end of her name with a small twist and it that was a rather cute nickname for Sakura, but Yifan was careful in selecting his nickname for her. He had chosen Saki because it meant blossom and that was what Sakura was in Yifan's life. A blossom; of anything really. A blossom of light during the dark times in his life. A blossom of fresh air and freedom as he was training and when SM pushed him beyond his limit. For him, she was a blossom of anything; nothing bad however.

 

Yifan then looked up at the sky and held out his hand, outstretched to the cherry blossoms; he waited. Just then, a small gentle breeze passed by and took the cherry blossoms along with it, swirling along with the breeze to a place where only Sakura would know. When he could no longer see the cherry blossoms, Yifan allowed his feet to continue take him elsewhere, anywhere but here. The precious memories here kept replaying themselves in his mind. He had to leave, it was too painful. And he wasn't ready yet, not now.  

 

Yifan solemnly trudged his way along the streets. Hearing a few cars pass by, his mind raced. Where was he? Yifan glanced up and his eyes widened, his legs almost giving away. 'No, no. Not here... Why out all places here? WAE?!'

 

~Flashback~

 

"Yifannie, where are we going?" Yifan chuckled, pulling Sakura towards him and entwined their fingers, his voice lowered to a whisper. "To somewhere only we know.." Normally Sakura would grimace at Yifan’s cheesiness and push him away, but things were different now; they were finally dating. A small smile lingered on Sakura's lips. "You're so cheesy, Fannie. But if it's with you, I'd go anywhere."

 

As the hours passed, so did their fun. It was late and although Sakura was happiest with Yifan, she couldn't help, but be insecure about her role in Yifan's life and their relationship. Did he actually love her or was she just another infatuation of his? Sakura's curiosity got the better of her and she decided she had to ask. She tugged on Yifan's hand, calling his attention towards her. "Yifan, am I pretty?" On the inside, Yifan was confused, but decided to play along since he knew how insecure she felt at times. Or at least he had thought he did. "No." "Well do you love me, Fannie? Do you want to be with me forever?" Yifan was slightly taken back by the question. Of course he loved her and wanted to be with her forever. But nevertheless he continued to “play along”. "No." Sakura was hurt by his answer and continued to question him, but with less confidence. "Would you cry if I walked away?" Yifan was confused. 'What's with all these questions? Does she not know that I really do love her and want to be with her for as long as I live? That nothing will break us apart? Not even SM?' But yet he still answered with, "No." Sakura's eyes brimmed with tears. She had heard enough, it was time for her to leave. Her shattered heart needed to be healed; she needed Luhan to console her. As she turned to leave and walk away from Yifan with her sight blinded from her tears, Yifan slowly began to realize that she didn't know. That she didn't know that he loved her with all his heart and wanted to be with her forever, never to be separated. As he ran after her, he witnessed a scene that he wished that never should’ve happened; a scene in which could’ve been easily avoided. Blinded by her tears, Sakura stepped onto the road. A few steps taken and she was hit by a car. Yifan simply stood there and watched with horror, he couldn't do anything. At that moment, it was as if he had lost his voice. The car didn't stop either. After hitting her, it merely swerved and went along its way; a hit-and-run. When he could finally breathe again and feel his legs, Yifan ran as fast as he can to her. But of course, she was unconscious. Tears flowed down and he quietly sobbed. "Why is there so much blood? Saki please, don't do this to me.. I'm sorry, I had thought that you knew..."

 
 

~End of Flashback~

 

Yifan gasped for air, he felt like a fish that was just thrown out of the water. Why here? Why out of all the places that he had beloved memories with her, here? Yonsei was partially ready; he could withstand the passing of memories that had taken place there. But here..? No, not even close. Yifan had vowed to himself that he would probably visit this place once more in his lifetime, but only when he was ready to face the past; face what had happened here. Yet here he was, beyond ready to deal with the past. It hurt, he had to admit that, but maybe it was time for him to stop dwelling on the past and focus on the present. Yifan rejected the idea immediately. To stop dwelling on their precious memories meant to cut off the only connection he had with Sakura. But wouldn't Sakura have wanted him to be happy? To stop focusing on their moments together and live his life in the present? She most likely would, but he was nowhere near ready for that yet. Not now. Yifan sighed. He would visit this place again, later on. To say goodbye to Sakura and to bury her in the back of his mind, just not now; not today. Yifan sadly smiled. It was time to leave, onward to another place filled with memories of her.

 

Small, light breezes caressed Yifan's hair, causing his cold, indifferent expression to fall into a smile; a sad, bitter smile. Yifan knew exactly where he was and where his feet was leading him to. It was about time. He looked ahead and could see her beckoning for him to come closer. Finally. He had finally arrived..

 

~Flashback~

Yifan could remember the dull, flickering fluorescent hospital lights in her room and her still body laying on the bed. He sighed. It was a painful and tragic sight, but he knew that it was his fault; he deserved it. Luhan didn't take it well either. The usual happy, playful hyung that he knew, was now in a rather very dark, insensitive state. Yifan knew that he had no right to wish such a thing, but he wished that Luhan's phase would pass; he missed the hyung that would often cruelly . Yet Yifan knew that it was starting to take a toll on him as well. He knew that he deserved it and was going to endure it without complaint. Sitting on the seat placed by her bed, he searched for her hand and entwined their fingers together, placing his lips on her hand. "Even if you can't hear me, I'll answer your questions the way I actually wanted to. To me, you're not pretty. You're beautiful, inside and out. And yes, I love you. More than anything else in the world, I would sacrifice my dream of becoming an idol for you, you know? I don't want to be with you forever, I need to be with you forever. If you walk away, I wouldn't cry, princess. I would die without you." It'd be a lie if he said that there wasn't a tiny bit of hope that she would move and retain consciousness again after hearing his words because that was what he had hoped, but she didn't. Yifan sighed for the hundredth time. He couldn't stand staying in that room any longer, it was too painful. Even when it was his fault, he still had to leave. He let go of her hand, carefully placing it by her side and sent a text to Luhan, saying that he was leaving for the day.  Luhan, of course, did not reply. Yifan opened the door of her room, but before leaving, he returned to her and gently kissed her forehead. And with that, he left. But what he didn't know is that she had retained consciousness right after he had let go of her hand. Yet she wanted to wait and see.  "Yifannie, you left… Why..?"

 

 

~End of Flashback~

Yifan knelt in front of her grave and immediately noticed the cherry blossoms from earlier on top of her grave stone. He smiled, but it was short-lived. Reaching into his pocket, he pulled out two pieces of paper. One was his and other was something dedicated to him. Gripping the papers in his hand securely, he shut his eyes tightly, fighting the urge to burst into tears.

 

~Flashback~

Yifan felt his phone vibrate, seeing that it was Luhan calling, he ignored it. He held no desire to answer any calls, he was at Yonsei, under their tree; reminiscing since it was what comforted him at the time; dwelling on their happy moments together. Luhan still called him several times, even when Yifan ignored it, the constant vibration would not cease. Yifan sighed. 'Guess I really do have to answer.' "Yeah Luhan?" "YOU IDIOT, DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW MANY TIMES I'VE CALLED YOU?! WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?!" "Hyung, calm down. I'm at Yonsei. Under the tree." "SHUT UP, DON'T TELL ME TO CALM DOWN! GET TO HOSPITAL! NOW. BYE." With that, Luhan hung up. Yifan stared at his phone weirdly. 'Luhan was often soft spoken and he rarely ever yelled or lost his temper...' Yifan started to connect the dots and his eyes widened. 'Saki...' Without thinking, Yifan ran. Running all the way to the hospital.

Yifan burst through the hospital doors, nearly out of breath. Luhan immediately saw him and rushed over to Yifan, waiting until the younger had caught his breath. Luhan looked at Yifan sadly, his deer eyes noticeably wet; possibly from tears. "Hyung, what's the prob- Were you crying..?" Luhan sighed. "Just go into her room. And Yifan? I'm sorry." Yifan passed Luhan, barely giving him a second glance and nodded. The only thing on his mind was Sakura.

Yifan opened the door and what he saw made his heart stop. At that moment, it seemed as if he had forgotten how to breathe. 'Why does Saki have the sheet over her face? She isn't dead, is she? IS SHE?!' Luhan watched Yifan's reaction from outside the opened door, the look on Yifan's face broke Luhan's heart; if only she had known how much she meant to Yifan. "Luhan, she isn't... Is she?" Luhan sighed, he knew that Yifan would be in denial. "Yifan, I'm sorry, but it was her choice to do this. She left a note for you however." Luhan handed the trembling younger the note that she had written especially for Yifan.

 

I'm (a) little tired, Yifan.

So I suppose I'm going to (s)leep now.

I really hope you (u)nderstand that,

From time to time, somet(i)mes it's getting harder to breathe.

Whenever my thoughts ra(c)e, speeding up,

Trapped deep with(i)n the depths of my mind...

It's time for me to say goo(d) night, Yifan.

But pl(e)ase don't ever forget,

That you mea(n) everything to me and always will.

I'm sorry Yifan, but I can't keep waiting. I know that I'm no g(o)od,

Wi(t)h words, I never really was. But I love you.

Don't ever forg(e)t that, Yifan...

 

Yifan's eyes brimmed with tears, he didn't want this. Anything, but this. He knew that deep down, it was his fault, but he still refused to accept the fact that she was gone. Gone from this sick world; this cruel reality. With trembling fingers, he carefully uncovered her face and was met with her peaceful expression, almost faintly touched with sadness. Or maybe it was his imagination. More than anything, Yifan knew that she was gone, yet he refused to accept it. He shook her gently, but of course, no response came from her. "Sakura... I'm here. Why didn't you wait for me?! Didn't you promise me? Didn't you?! That when everything was better, at peace, you would enjoy the rest of your life in happiness? Wake up, Saki. Stop sleeping, wake up and look at me. I'm here now..." Yifan interlaced her fingers with his and brought her hand to his cheek, the tears now flowing. "You promised me. That we would meet up in leisure and talk about both the happiness and hardships in our childhood days. Sakura... Now that you're almost fully better and have everything that we wouldn't have dared to dream of when we were little, how could you break your promise and abandon us like this?! I still have so much to say to you... You are the greatest thing that's ever happened to me and now you're gone.. I love you, Saki. I'm so sorry, if only you knew..." Luhan teared up at Yifan's words, both of them had gone through so much. As children until now. But losing Sakura was the last straw. Life could be so cruel and heartless...

 

 

 

 

~End of Flashback~

Since Sakura's death, Yifan was the one who changed the most, while Luhan gradually resolved into his old self again. However, Luhan didn’t tease the younger as much. Sakura’s death had taken such a toll on Yifan and his constant blame on himself for her death did not help at all. Back then, Yifan was happier and saw life through a different light, but now there was a barrier, separating himself from himself and everyone else. Since then, he shut everyone out, including Luhan. Yifan put up a wall, isolating himself from everyone and pushed anyone away if they try to break through his barrier. His cold, indifferent expression and distant attitude had became both his wall and barrier.

Now, as he kneels in front of her, he wills his wall and barrier down. While re-reading her letter to him from several years ago, his eyes brimmed with tears. But this time, Yifan didn’t bother to keep them in. Letting his tears flow freely, Yifan unfolds the other piece of paper. It's a letter dedicated to her that he had written not too long ago. Wiping away his tears, he read the letter out to her.

"My dearest Saki,

 How has it been "up there" for the past four to five years? I had forgotten to ask. Is it bright and tinted with gold and silver as you once thought it was? With streets of pure gold, pearls decorating everything? Are you happy? You were always happy when you were "down here". Remember that..? But then again, I miss you Saki.  I miss your caring, gentle smile and your precious tinkling laughter. I miss the small, but meaningful gestures between us.. As you can see, things have changed a lot since you've left; they're very different. But you wouldn't have changed if you were here, you'd still be the same benevolent, innocuous, but can-be-a-little-crazy-when-she-wants Saki. The same exact Saki who had a bigger bubble tea obsession than anyone else. And yes, bigger than Sehun's. Remember Sehun, Saki? You probably do. However, most of all, you'd still be my Saki.. And to update you a little on things currently happening, I saw Luhan recently. We met up after several months of not seeing each other, on a show. Last time I came to see you, Luhan came as well. I was to nullify my contract with SM and I did, a week later. You know, Luhan nullified his as well. We're both happier now and I feel more free. It feels nice when people do not treat you like a tireless machine. I feel as if my freedom had just came back to me, like I can do anything that I want without someone to restrain me. Well almost anything... You aren't here, so I can't be too happy. But I just miss you. Can you see me down here, Saki..? If there was one thing that I'd want, it wouldn't be fame or even fortune. Instead I'd want you to be here with me, by my side. More than anything, I would know to always tell you that I love you and that you mean the world to me. Wait no, you are my world. Just come back Saki, please... That's all I really want, for you to return.

                                      With love,

                                                Yifan"

Yifan bit his lip, waiting; anticipating. As if on cue, a gentle breeze passed by, circling around Yifan. And he swore that he heard her beautiful laugh as the breeze came and passed. A bitter smile crossed his lips, tears b in his eyes once more. But he refused to allow himself to fall into a flashback again. Three times in a day was enough, four was too much for his heart. With his letter to her, Yifan pulled out a lighter from his pocket and lit it. Being careful, he waited until the flame burning the paper was near his fingertips and let go. No he had not gone insane. That was what Yifan did to all the letters that he had written to her; burn them. Burning his letters to her meant something to Yifan, it was symbolic to him. Yifan didn't know what and why, but all he knew that when he burned his letters, he would feel slightly better. Perhaps it meant that she had gotten them. Or maybe it meant something else.                                                                                         

Sighing, Yifan looked into the distance. It was getting rather late, but he'd still rather stay. Just a little longer. Returning his attention back to her, Yifan smiled. A genuine smile, not one of his sad or bitter ones. "If things could start all over again, I'd take you out for bubble tea and patbingsu every day, whenever you wanted. Just so I could spend time with you and tell you that I do love you and care about you through my actions. You would never have a reason to assume my love and feelings for you are anything but. If things could start all over again, I would make sure to tell you every time before you leave Luhan and me at the practice room that you are my "blossom" and you mean the world to me, that I will always love you. All you ever thought of was how to bring happiness to our lives, never thinking of yourself. Never were you selfish, always putting others before yourself. If things could start all over again, I would have told Luhan not to scold you as much, him chiding at your gentle nature. While I would ruffle your hair affectionately, my actions silently would tell you not take his scoldings to heart. Sakura, you were diagnosed with anemia at such a young age. But you fought it and almost even won the battle against it; I was so proud of you. Yet I was also worried about you. Worried with how you were holding up against it, how you felt as you had to be extremely careful. You were so high spirited and kind-hearted, even as you struggled. But I loved you for what you were; for all that you were. And I still do; I always will. However I also worried that you would be injured fatally one day and lose so much blood that were to never open your eyes to see either Luhan or me again. And yet, that still happened. Sort of. I never meant to hurt you, Saki. I just didn't understand why you asked me such questions, I had thought you already knew. When in reality, you had no idea on how much you meant to me and how much I loved you... You said that a specific bubble tea reminded you of your late father. As long as you like it, I'd buy it for you. I'd buy it for you on your birthday and your death anniversary. I'd buy it for you when I dream of you and whenever I miss you. I sincerely hope that "up there" or wherever you are, you see your father and tell him that it has been so long and that you missed him. Tell him that Yifannie says 'hello' as well." Yifan pauses, silently sobbing, letting his tears flow. "You were so young, Saki... How could life be so cruel to have you die in your prime? Whenever I close my eyes, all I can see is how happy and energetic you were. Although you are in a happier, a better place and might have no regrets, I have so much to regret. You passed away, but my love for you hasn't wavered one moment. You never sought for fame or fortune, Sakura. You always preferred having a quiet life with loved ones, filled utmost joy and happiness. Forgive me for ruining that for you, my dearest Saki. I miss you, my beloved blossom princess... You were my world and always will be." Yifan rose and touched her grave stone. "I'll be taking my leave now. Oh and Saki? I love you. I always have. Although it's too late to say it now, it's better than never saying it." A sad, melancholy smile formed on Yifan's lips before he softly whispered, "We'll meet again, Saki. In the near future. Until then, wait for me..." And with that, Yifan his heels, solemnly walking away, footsteps plodding along the grass.

While unknowingly to Yifan, Sakura looks down from her place in the clouds, fighting the urge to reach her hand out towards Yifan. Instead she outlines his figure with her eyes, memorizing his movements in her mind. Her slender fingers softly wrapped around her father's arm, her head leaned on the same arm, near her fingers. She glances up, a gentle smile graces her soft lips as she locks eyes with her father. "Appa, Yifannie says 'hello'..."



And... Done. Well hopefully, it's a good-enough sequel. If not, I'm sorry. I tried, but I know that I may/may not need improvement on my writing. As for the poem that Sakura wrote, I would like to credit someone for it. But I don't know who wrote it and I also tweaked it slightly. So for the person who wrote it, I give credit to you. And anything other than that you find is similar, it's all purely a coincidence. And if you guys liked it, upvote or comment?  Like comment on which part was the saddest or which part made you cry or something like that. Only if you want to however. Keke, look at me so shamelessly asking for comments and upvotes. *go hides in a corner* Anyways, thanks guys for reading this! (I may or may not do a part in Luhan's POV, but I'm still deciding on that) Until then, expect more stories from me! Oh and I almost forgot, I'm a co-author at a collection regarding EXO. The link to it is here:

 

Commonly EXO: Oneshots collection | HIRING | [ OPEN ]

Be sure to check it out! Thanks again!