4

Dork Meets Loser
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 


Minah stared at a pink carton of milk on her desk in amusement, and she picked it up when she noticed that there had been a folded note taped to the side.

 

Hello,

I know I said I won't look at you or bother you, but I already did. Sorry if I made you uncomfortable.

I was just really surprised because you said you already learned this chapter last year. That's amazing!

You should be the Valedictorian. You're smarter and better than him anyway.

Again, sorry for making you feel uncomfortable. I promise it will not happen again.

 

From,

Dude sitting on your left

 

Minah's face went red, but her lips still curved up as the face of the writer of the note appeared in her head. It was funny, the way he talked about himself in third person. That's what Minah liked about him so much-- he was oddly charming without even trying to be.


However, Minah frowned upon some parts of the letter.


Sorry for bothering her? He definitely did make her feel uncomfortable, but not in a bad way. She did not find him annoying or bothersome at all-- it was just that her heart never listened to her mind whenever he was near her. She felt shy-- not because she didn't like him; it was quite the opposite.


Minah sighed knowing that she needed to clear the misunderstanding somehow, and soon, too. She didn't want to be known as an apathetic or unapproachable person, especially not by the boy she had a crush on for years, and still counting.


Before she knew it, one by one the students started to enter the classroom, including Hakyeon and the other boys.


This will be a long day, Minah thought as she dropped the carton of strawberry milk with the note into her backpack before Hakyeon could notice it. While Wonshik bothered her like every other day, she ignored it, keeping an eye on Hakyeon the whole time.


What she noticed from the entire time she watched him was that he would go on with his business without ever looking her way. Not once had he even averted his eyes from the board, the teacher, or his notebook.


Well, he kept his promise, Minah thought as she looked down into her opened backpack to see Hakyeon's faint handwriting on the letter that was inside.

 

 

Determination to get over her stupid fear of rejection took over Minah's body. She paced back and forth in front of Hakyeon's desk in the empty classroom as she read her letter that was taped on the side of a banana milk carton.

 

Hi,

Don't worry yourself about it, you certainly do not bother me at all. It's just that I get shy around you... for various reasons, of course.

At first it was just admiration because you seemed so perfect in every way, but after a while, it became something much more.

I do not expect you to reply to me. As long as you know that you're not bothering me by looking or talking to me, I'm fine.

 

From,

Girl sitting on your right

 

Minah exhaled as she bravely stuck the milk carton with her post-it note letter on it inside of the desk. After cogitating over whether or not she would regret it or if she should take it back out of the desk, she just decided to leave the classroom to prevent herself from having a mental breakdown.


The lunch period was almost over but Minah spent the last few minutes up on the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter