Miss Invisible

Miss Invisible

 

Minji, Gong minji stand in fron of the gate of her school. A little smile appear in her lips. "Here i come my high school era..."

brukk....

someone bumped her from back. "Aish, don't stand in front of gate! You are blocking a way." minji just stood and stare at that person. "Why? am i wrong?" she think she didn't wrong because gate are so wide, she just stood at side of gate. She don't want to start a war in her first day, so she just move aside without said something.

"Are you not apologize to me?"

"Why do i have to?"

 "Aish, you are blocking my way."

"But you are the one who bumped on me."

"Are you didn't understand the mean of blocking my way?"

"The gate are so wide, should i ask you why are you bumped on me while you could walk in easily?"

"Shut it jong, don't argue in the morning. Your mood will be bad." his friend who has big ears said and tap his shoulder.

"My mood already bad. Thanks to this girl." he let out his smirk and lift half of his eyebrow.

minji has feeling taht it will be worst if she not leave. "I'm sorry and have a good day." she bow a little to his friend and leave. just like that.

"Yah! who do you think you are?!" Jong in shout out and successfully makes people's eyes on him.

####

minji don't know what happen. After 1 months she became high school student, she already have friends buat suddenly, they turned their back to her. she tried to talking to them, changed her style just don't want her friends assamed at her.

"Yah you, just stop it!"

"Why?"

"I'm not comfortable with you..."

"How to make you comfortable with me?"

"You can't do that. You are too straight forward and cold. I can't stand with those."

that what her 'friends' said to her.. and Minji sure knew that lots of friends talk behind her. She knew she is not like others girls who girly or act cute or could melting an ice situation, but her personality shouldn't be a reason to turn their back.

when teacher give a task and must be done as group, they didn't mind to be with her, but only that and didn't want to work. Half of work are minji's. Once task done, they didn't want to know Minji,

 

One day, Minji eats in cafetaria. She don't know that day will be start for her hell day. She eating alone in corner table. Her eyes only on her phone and her lunch. Suddenly, she felt cold in her head. "What the....?!"

She looked up and found two girls held a glass. "Are you Gong Minji?"

"Yes."

"What you did to my boyfriend?"

"Excuse me?" she frown. She didn't what that girl talk about.

"Do you know kim jong in?"

"Who?"

"Are you stupid or really don't know?"

minji wipe water from her face then stand up. "Look miss, i don't know you, i don't know the guy you talking about." that girl face really red becaus eof anger. they are really become cynosure, and that makes minji uncomfortable. Just a second minji think this will be the end, another water splash her again. "I hope those will make your head cool and realized your mistake!"

"Yah!!!! Choi Jinri, what have you done?" a loud voice success made all eyes on him.

A guy with tan skin and 2 friends come to her table. Minji just wipe her face again. finally she knew who kim jong in. A tan guy who argue with her at her 1st day. Minji knew jong in acknowledge her but he just shut his mouth. "What you did?" one of his friend who has big ears gives minji sniffer to drying her hair and face.

"Thank you."

"Is she the one who made your bad mood in whole day? is she the one who steal your attention from me?"

'oh my god, how childhish this girl,' minji said in her head.

Slap...

seems like people in this place take a gasp. Whole!!

Minji's eyes are wider and her hand automaticly touch her cheek.

"You!!!! come with me!" jong in held jinri's hand.

"Wait!" minji speak up. "You should apologize to me first then you can run away like that." Jong in stand in front of her. "Look miss, i need to solve this."

"Look mister, i need an apologize from your girlfriend first."

"You can have her apologize latter." then in flash, he walk out with his girlfriend.

she hear that his friends apologize to her, but the one she need is for jongin n his girlfriend.

####

She still not received a word SORRY from Jongin n Jinri although they meet few times in school. Some studens laugh at her. Laugh at how stupid she is, at how arogant she is who want a popular boy jongin to apologized to her. She close her eyes and then fall from stair because someone tackled her. "Ow, !" she cursed and the others just laughing at her. "Why are you close your eyes while infront of u r stairs?"

everyday they will laugh at her like she is a comedian. Minji really want to fight back. But she alone.

she sit at rooftop school with lunch. She didn't want to eat in cafetaria anymore. Seems like poeple eyes could cut her out and make her hard to breath. In rooftop, she alone and feel cold wind say hello to her. She has to deal with this feeling for 2 damn years. She has no money to change school like some romance or film. 

the only one she could think to make her life easier in this hell is to retreat. 

####

Day by day, Minji enjoy her hell alone. She only talk when she need. She is not believe at stranger student who suddenly ask to her to become her friend. Her life only come to school, sit, listening, task, lunch, nap, read, home. Although she shut , people still making fun of her. One rule that she hold is if you touch her family, she'll beat them up.

"You, are your parent not teaching you how to speak? Are animal or they are?"

bugghhh....

"You could talk bad about me as you want, but not may parent..."

after that, her reputation become worst. Many speculation around her, they talking , made some story to make her bad, then make her invisible.

rooftop really the only place she could take a rest. With headset on her ears, she close her eyes, lean at wall and take a nape.

####

One day, she came at cafe to meet her old friends. "Aigooo, uri mingkki!" the tree of the hug her and start to chit chat. Minji could laugh hard and forget what happen in school.

"Uhm, what is that?" Dara said when an announcement post at little stage. 

"1 song for $30..." chaerin spell it

"Seems like the bos is here and want to give $30 for people who brave to sing with good voice, of course. You want it?" Bom said

"Nah, i'm not," Chaerin and dara said  at sime time.

"I'll go. Are you in, mingkki?"

"Guess so, i need some money." Bom run to stage and said something to someone in stage. "Mingkki, come!!!" 

"Go.." both of two unnies smile at her. Minzy then come closer to Bom. "You sing."

"But, are you want it too?"

"Nah, i have enough money and suddenly i have no mood to sing anymore."

"You are so weird unnie."

"Good luck." Bom back to her table. "So, what song are you want to sing?"

"Marie Digby, Miss Invisible..." minzy sit on chair, wear her hat till cover her eyes. She didn't know that jongin and his friends just sat and look at her.

play that video above to know the song, blue for song, black for Minji

piano starts to play

Theres a girl

Minji inhale deeply, she tried to remember her past days

Who sits under the bleachers
Just another day eating alone
And though she smiles
There is something she's hiding
And she cant find a way to relate
She just goes unnoticed
As the crowd passes by
And she'll pretend to be busy
When inside she just wants to cry
She'll say...

 

Take a little look at the life of Miss Always Invisible
Look a little harder, I really really want you to put yourself in her shoes
Take another look at the face of Miss Always Invisible
Look a little closer and maybe then you will see why she waits for the day
When you'll ask her her name

In the beginning, in the first weeks of class
She did everything to try and fit in
But the others they couldnt seem to get past all the things that mismatched on the surface
And she would close her eyes when they laughed and she fell down the stairs
And the more that they joked
And the more that they screamed
She retreated to where she is now
And she'll sing...

Take a little look at the life of Miss Always Invisible
Look a little harder I really really want you to put yourself in her shoes... shoes
Take a another look at the face of Miss Always Invisible
Look a little closer and maybe then you will see why she waits for the day that you will ask her...her name

 

piano takes brak as minji inhale and exhale. Then when piano starts again, she sings again.
And one day just the same as the last
Just the days spent in counting the time
Came a boy who sat under the bleachers just a little bit further behind...

Minji hung her head after she finish her song that she sang whole heart. Then she lift her head, smile. She could hear whole people in cafe give her applause. She said thank you to pianist then back at her table. "Uri dongsaeng!!!!!!" Bom, Dara dan Chaerin gave her a big hug. "You should sing often, mingkki." A waiter come to her and give her what they promise. $30.

"Thank you..." just at this momment, Minji want to forget what she will face tomorrow.

Not far from their table, Jongin observing her. 'Did she the same person at school?'

####

after that day, Jong in always watch her from afar. How quite she is, how she will take a nape at rooftop, how mean people around her. "Jong... Jongin!!" big ears guy hit him. 

"What?"

"I call you thousand times and you still said what?"

"Ah, sorry chanyeol. What are you talking about?" but chanyeol look at ouside instead. He found a girl sat at stool. "Ah, that girl..."

"You know her?" Jong in frown.

"Of course. She was the one who argue with you at our 1st day, the girl at cafetaria."

"Cafetaria?"

"Yeah.. Jinri splashed and slapped at cafetaria." then Jongin remember. "She??"

"Am i lie to you? You owe an apology to her?" but jongin just give him a flat expression. "Are you not yet apologize?! Damn Jongin, its already the end of out high school era! I thought you already did after broke up with jinri." but jongin look outside again. Am i one f those bastard too?

####

"Gong Minji, i'm sorry," jongin said to Minji in rooftop right before she want to take a nape. Minji just frown without said a word. "I'm sorry for what i've done to you. I owe you apologize. Do you want to forgive me?"

"Ok." but jongin just stay stiil. "That fast?" "What do you want?"

"Hit me or do something. I can't accept your forgiveness that fast."

"I don't want to make my hand dirty."

"I'm really sorry for what i have done. Really. I did something bad to you."

Then, Minji stand up and taking care of her lunch to her bag, stand up and slowly walk to jongin. "Past is past. You can't fix what have you done. I accept your apology so, leave me alone." Minji back to her class leaving jongin alone.

 

After that, Jongin always show up and aproached minji although minji always give him cold shoulder. He deserve that. He help her when he saw some student bully her. slowly, minzy notice him. She notice that he really want to become her friend. "WHy are you always come to me? I already accept your apology, u do not have business with me again. You do not have to act nice to me to make you better."

"I can't accept your forgiveness like that."

"So if i really really really accept that, you will back to yourself, are you?"

"What do you mean?"

"Just go and leave me alone like those people. I'm not a tool who you use when you need." Now, jongin know his another mistake after minji gone. He same as people who only used her and forget her.

####

Jongin really want to show minji, he is different. His friends help too, but maybe Minji's wound is lager than he thought. He still have less than 1 month to prove that to minji so he won't owe apology to her again. 

Prome night come. Last day as high school before collage. Jongin come with Chanyeol who want to see krystal but not had a chance to asked her out and kyungsoo who actually won't to come although many girls want to come with jongin. He wonder if Minji will show up but seems like he was wrong. Again. 

Last chance at graduation day. He saw her with her unnies who he saw at caffee. He notice how happy she is. Slowly, Jongin approach her, "Rrr, can we talk?" 4 eyes on him. "Sure!! Just don't do something to uri mingkki."

"Promise."

Jong in take her to back yard. "Can you look at me?" jongin ask when minji hung her head or look at other side.

"Just talk what you want to talk."

"I'm sorry..."

"If you talk about that again, i'll go." before minji go, jongin held her wrist. "NO! Don't!" he take a breath. "I'm sorry couse what i've done, and i'm sorry that i hurt you again. I'm sorry but i want to ask you that if i could be your friend?"

Minji turn her body and look at his eyes. She could see his sincerity. Before she answer, her phone rings. "Ne unnie?"

"Mingkki, times up!! we need to go."

"Ok." she put her phone in her pocket. "Sorry, i have to go..." seems like Jongin's soul has leave his body. He can't move. "Jongin," Minji called.

Jongin lift up his head and see stright at her eyes. "Thank you." Minji smile then go. Like drama or film, his conscious back when Minji already gone. "She said thank you and smile." He see sky and wish. "I wish i could see you again."

####

5 years latter....

Jongin still live at his usual life. With Chanyeol and Kyungsoo as his bestfriend. Many girl still come to him and ask to be his girlfriend. Actually, he didn't mind but his heart is. He still can't letting go his last memory with minji. Although just thank you and smile, she still haunting him. One day, he come to park just because to refresh his mind, when his eyes found something. A familiar figure playing with kids in the park. A person who already took his mind. Slowly he eliminate distance between he and her. "You have to do like this," she said as she give an example to kid. She playing sand in sandbox. Jongin really want to make sure, she is really Gong Minji.

Her laugh that he only heard once. That person who felt someone behind her, turn her body and look up. he is too dazzled. She have to squint her eyes to make it clear. "Jong..... in?"

"Hello, friend," jongin said with smile.

 

"How could you here and i just found you?" jongin sat on swing with minji beside him.

"I have my own life n busy." her eyes still on kids. Jongin look at her carefully. He didn't know but she become prettier. 

"You are become more beautiful."

Minji turn her head. "Huh? Don't lie."

"I'm not. So,..." Jongin think something. "Am i still can be your friend?"

Minji just look at him. Not saying words. That make him uncomfortable. "I thought you are already my friend. Or You are not?" Her eyes smile took his heart. Jongin smile wider. He stood up infront of minji which cause minji to look up. "What?"

"Are you not give this friend a welcome hug?" He spread his hands. "I won't!" "Oh come on!" "No!" "Welcome hug? Please?" minji just stay still and jongin can't take it. He grab her hands and bring it to him. Big hug for her. "Thank you miss Invisible."

Minji stiffs in his hug. Then smile and give him hug. "You are welcome mister jerk."

"Hey i'm not!!" He tighter his hug and smile. 

"Unnie!!! seungyoon destroy my castle!" They are back in reality. They released their hug. "Coming!" Minji come to eunji and Jongin watch how she taking care of kids. Seems like a song playing end of part.

And one day just the same as the last
Just the days spent in counting the time
Came a boy who sat under the bleachers just a little bit further behind...

"You are not miss invisible anymore.." Jongin murmured. He smile and say "I'll help bulit castle!" then join them

 

no more miss invisible? maybe?


done... thank you and sorry

leave comment please 

have a good day