Moving House

Reaching You

“Dear Diary,                                                                                                              

                                                                                                                                                                                                       Summer, May 17th 2014
 

Dad got a new job today and it's in Seoul, so now we had to move out from our old house in Daegu, I had so many memories here but I guess in your life there will always be something you need to let go as you grow up and experience the so-called ‘’Adulthood” which my dad would always say to me even though I’m still 16 years old…

“Eunna-ya!” Your dad shouted. 

“Yes!” You replied.

“Help me move these boxes!” Your dad shouted from downstairs.

You quickly went downstairs and helped your dad. As you were sealing the boxes one by one quietly, your dad suddenly broke the silence by asking:

“So are you excited?” Your dad smiled. 

You just nodded and smile back, even though you knew you didn’t like the fact that you’re leaving your hometown and also the fact that you are going to leave your friends behind. However, you knew that your dad was happy that he finally got a new job and so you had to support him when ever you can.

“Oh and I already fill up a form for your new school in Saewang High school.” Your dad abruptly said. 

“Oh. That’s good.” You said whilst putting things in the boxes.

You weren’t sure what to feel at that time. You didn’t know whether to feel excited or distraught about the whole situation of moving to Seoul. Despite that, you tried to be positive and optimistic about being in Seoul which you always wanted to visit since you were young. 

“Appa, what time are we leaving” you asked.

“10am. So you better go to sleep after you pack all you things, alright? You need to wake up early tomorrow.” 

“Alright.” You muttered.

You went to your room and pack all your clothes including your books, almost  into a small luggage and just like that you went to sleep knowing that your life will change once you set your first foot in Seoul. 

The next day came. You were still in bed. The alarm clock rang and like a whirlwind you quickly try shutting it off. You glanced at the time, “9:30 am”. You groan as the sunlight hits your face making you pull the blanket over your face. You wish to be able to sleep more; unfortunately you can’t. You woke up from your bed rubbing your eyes and rushed to the bathroom to get ready. Luckily, you made just in time. You roam around the house for the last time and this time emptied; you sigh whilst standing outside the front door, you close and lock it firmly. 

You slowly walked towards the car with a bright smile on your face although you were feeling sad, you wanted to show your dad that you weren't because you knew it would hurt him. You took a deep breath and went inside the car. You rolled down the window partially and closed your eyes, predictably you fell asleep as you feel the fresh air from the wind blowing through your hair. 

"We're here!" Your dad excaimed in excitement. The loud voice made you woke up. You then rolled down and peered out the window as the beautiful scenery flew by. It was your first time being in a big town as you have been grew up in a small town so you were impressed. You were also surprised at the level of high technology that was present even in the simplest things like crosswalks. However, when you saw the house. Your jaw dropped. 

"Is this where we're going to live? Is this our house?!" You asked in disbelief.

Your dad nodded and smiled "Yeap, do you like it?" 

"Of course! It's even bigger than our house in Daegu" You were still mind-blown at this point. You dashed towards the house with your bags in your hand.

You entered the house and your eyes widen "Wow! It's so nice inside! This is so amazing!" You said bewildered. 

"I'm glad that you like it."

"Like it? I love it!" You immediately responded with a big smile on your face.

You then ran upstairs to see your room. You opened the door and again your jaw dropped and your eyes were wide opened. It was a medium space room, with all the furniture in place. Your dad asked "So...? How is it?" whilst crossing his arms.

You answered him by giving him a big hug. You mumbled "I love it". 

"That's good to hear, quick unpack your things. I will cook tonight to celebrate our first day in Seoul!" Your dad beamed excitedly.

"Sounds good" You replied giving him thumbs up. You were so happy because you get to eat your dad's delicious food. In mere a fact, your dad is amazing in cooking; he could even be a chef if he wanted to and could make anything tasty.

You then unpack your things at full speed as you couldn’t wait to eat your dad’s cooking. You then spotted a small box in your suitcase which you had put all your important things; you opened it and the first things you notice was the brightly shined necklace. You ran through the necklace and smiled as you remember:

"Eunna-ya, close your eyes." Your dad said as you lay on your dad's lap. "Why? are you going to tickle me again? Appa, i'm not going to fall for that trick again!" You replied crossing your arm. "Aniya, i have a present. I guess you don't want it huh?"  You quickly sat up. "What present???"  You looked at your dad widdening your eyes. "Here." Your dad then gave you the necklace and fastened it around your neck. You looked at the necklace and exclaimed "Dad, I love it! Thank you!" You hugged your dad tightly.

--

Your dad called you “Eunna-ya! Come down, dinner’s ready!” You smiled and replied “Arasso”. You put the necklace back in the box and ran downstairs.

“Ummm, smells good as always!” You exclaimed as you sat down. 

Your dad laughed while putting the food on to your plate. He then do the same for his, he brought the food on the table. You always waited for your dad to eat first; you both then “thanked the food”. You waited for a second for your dad to eat and then you quickly ate. You grabbed the sausages and flew it to your mouth.

“Oh I forgot, your uniform came today while you were upstairs so I just putted on the table beside the sofa” You nodded “Yes” with a full mouth. You continued eating and paused after your dad asks you stop eating fast as you might get digestion. You munched the food slowly this time and flashed a smile to your dad.

“I finish! That was a good meal.” You said bringing your plates to the sink and washing up.

“You better go to sleep early tonight. Your first day at Saewang High school is tomorrow and you certainly don’t want to be late, do you?” Your dad asked waiting for your response.

“No, and you know me I’m always in time for school so don’t worry~” You said sarcastically.

“Goodnight!” You kissed your dad on the cheeks and then ran upstairs taking the package by the side table. You sat on your bed unwrapping the package, you hold up the uniform. The skirt was a navy blue checkered skirt which is just above the knee, white t-shirts with blue and white stripe tie and a dark blue blazer. There was no difference between your old uniform so you were not that interested or amazed, you then wash up and went to bed and just like that you fell asleep.

“Umma! Why did you have to go?! Why did you have to leave me and dad? Why?!" A voice cried out into the distance. You saw a woman holding a suitcase.You started walking towards the women however the more you walk the further away you were. All of the sudden, you heard a loud bang.


Author Notes:

Heyy guys! How's chapter one? I know it's a bit long winded but I will try to make the story better in the next chapter kkk