how to apply skin care products

The Beauty Bible

how to apply skin care products

*Note: Your hands should BE CLEAN before applying any skin care products.

Products Applied to Entire Face: Moisturizers, Serums, Sun Care Products, etc.
1. Warm the Product

                    Distribute an appropriate amount of product into your palm and warm the product by gently rubbing your fingers against your palm. Warming the product allows for easier spreadability.
2. Dot the Product

                    Just like with the cleanser, dot the skin care product on your forehead, nose, cheeks, and chin.
3. Massage the Product into Your Skin

                    Apply the skin care product in a similar manner as you would massage your cleanser. However, do not use circular motions. For cheeks, use gentle upwards and outwards (diagonal) motions. Use the same motions for your forehead and temples. Softly swipe the skin care product down the length and sides of your nose. Gently spread the rest of the product around your mouth area using outward motions. Afterwards, use both hands to pat the product into your skin. This increases your skin's absorption. Lastly, warm your hands by rubbing your palms together to create some friction. Cup your palms against your face to warm your skin. Gently press your palms over the entire surface of your face. This helps to slightly open your pores and increase blood flow to your skin. This way, your skin will be able to absorb more of your product.

Products Applied to Specific Areas: Eye Creams (Eyes)
1. Dot the Product

                    Distribute the product onto your fingertips. Dot the product gently along the under-eye areas and eyelids.
2. Massage the Product into Your Skin

                    To begin massaging the product into your skin, make sure your fingertips are warm. Rub them against each other to create some friction. Then begin to gently spread the eye cream with your fingertips, starting from the inner corner of your eyelid. Go out the the outer corner and then around to the under-eye area and back to the inner corners. This way, you create a circle. Gently circle around your eyes two more times to spread the eye cream out more. Then, softly pat the eye cream in with your fingertips.
                    Afterwards, use your third and fourth finger to make a gentle upwards and outwards (diagonal), giving your eyes nice, refreshing lift. Do this two more times.
                    Finish of by gently pressing down and massaging on some pressure points with your third and fourth fingers. Gently press down on jingming point (inner corner), chengqi point (middle of your under-eye area), tongzijiao point (outer corner), up to your temples. Repeat this two more times.