Happy

Happy

“Whatever his mission is the Volg’s have decided they are going to stop it. I have to evacuate him from that area whether I activate him or not.”

“His mission requires unawareness. The moment you make him aware, his mission is void and he will no longer be able to continue with it. Are you still sure you want to do this Eunkwang?”

“They will kill him to get rid of his mission, as long as it means he will survive, I am sure.”

“Then his activation number is 424653”

...

Sungjae smiled at eunkwang when he walked into his room. He was sitting at his x-box about to start a game. “Hyung where have you been? Do you want to play?”

Eunkwang did his best to smile back. “4” he said.

“What?” Sungjae asked.

Eunkwang didn’t reply “2”

Sungjae put the controller down.

“4”

“Hyung are you okay?

“6”

Sungjae’s body started to stiffen “hyung you’re starting to freak me out,”

“5”

He shook violently, no longer able to control his own movements.

“3”

The tremors stopped.

Sungjae walked forward until he stood directly in front of Eunkwang. Pulling back his arm he swung out using every last bit of humanity left in him to punch Eunkwang in the face.

Eunkwang was forced backwards from the blow. Once he recovered Sungjae spoke, “I’m ready to receive my next mission, sir.

...

“Can you tell me what your mission was? That you reacted so violently.” Eunkwang asked.

“My mission was part of an experiment to see if our kind has the ability to feel emotions as humans do. The emotion I was assigned to was happiness.” He stated.

Eunkwang was silent for a long time at this, and they rode for hours in that silence before it was broken. “You have learned, from the beginning of your life that you cannot feel emotion. Why did you try and take on a mission like that? Especially when The Volg’s are against it”

Sungjae looked straight forward “The theory was that if we were put in a place without any knowledge or interference of our own kind then we might be able to... feel. Despite knowledge of the Volg’s distaste for this mission, I was intrigued”

“You wouldn’t have come with me if I hadn’t activated you, and you would have died if I had let you stay there.”

“You say I would have died... but at least I would have died happy.”