[Final]

Well, I guess I'm on Instagram

“Has anyone seen my phone?” Kai asked, absently checking every surface that he would have likely set it down on.

 

“No,” answered back several voices.

 

“I haven’t been able to find it for a while. I just can’t remember where I left it.”

 

“Keep looking. It’s bound to be here somewhere,” Sehun encouraged.

 

“Do you want me to call it for you? Is the ringer on?” XiuMin offered.

 

“I don’t think so, but it’s worth a try.”

 

“I’ll call it. Hold on.” XiuMin brought up Kai’s contact information and clicked the screen to wait for the call to go through. Everyone in the room fell silent and waited to hear familiar music.

 

Hello?

 

XiuMin brought the phone to his ear when he heard a voice answer the call. Frowning, he looked at Kai as he replied, “Chanyeol, why do you have Kai’s phone?”

 

“Chanyeol,” Kai grumbled. He turned in direction to the room that Chanyeol was undoubtedly hiding out in.

 

“He seems upset. He’s headed your way,” XiuMin warned. A moment later and the call was ended. Those in the room waited anxiously to hear for any signs that Chanyeol might be in anguish.

 

“It’s really not a big deal!” Chanyeol squealed moments later. The comment was heard within the room and several cracked open a smile and a few stifled laughter.

 

Kai came barreling back into the room with Chanyeol on his heels. “Hyung, I told you I didn’t want an instagram account!”

 

“But, Kai. Look, if we waited much longer I wouldn’t have even been able to get a username this close. If you’d signed up when Sehun and I had, you might have at least gotten ‘kimkai’.”

 

“Chanyeol, I don’t care,” Kai argued, looking pensively at the smartphone screen. Thankfully, no one had really noticed the account, nor was there any way to prove it was anything more than another fan account.

 

“There,” Chanyeol mumbled, playing with his own phone again now that Kai had managed to take back his property.

 

Kai stared at the screen. A moment later, the screen started to bubble up with notifications for followers. “Chanyeol! What did you do?!!”

 

“Nothing. Honestly, I just let some of the management know and they followed you.”

 

“But now I’m getting more and more followers.”

 

“Kai, you may want to disable your notifications,” Baekhyun warned.

 

“But, I don’t… how do I do that?”

 

“Here!” Chanyeol offered. He nabbed the phone from Kai’s palm and started selecting options on the screen. Kai was trying to watch, but the giant seemed preoccupied in his task and Kai couldn’t seem to get in edge wise.

 

“Okay, you’ve done it right? Give me back my phone!”

 

Chanyeol turned to XiuMin, “Hyung, let me see your phone. I’m going to test the notifications on Kai’s account.”

 

XiuMin turned his phone over to him, not thinking twice about it.

 

“Kai, did you get anything?” Chanyeol asked with a beaming smile.

 

“No…” Kai answered cautiously.

 

“Because XiuMin just followed you! That’s great that the setting worked.” Chanyeol gave XiuMin back his phone before turning and asking Baekhyun if he could see his as well.

 

“No freaking way,” Baekhyun answered.

 

“Hide your phones! Don’t let Chanyeol touch them!!!!” Sehun shouted, making a childish dash through the door and into the hallway.

 

“Chanyeol, what? I just refreshed the account and I have nearly 25,000 followers!” Kai shrieked.

 

“Someone take Chanyeol’s phone too!” Suho mumbled, not wanting to go against the kid, but already witnessing the chaos that was going on.

 

Yixing was fast. He nabbed Chanyeol’s phone and made a mad dash in the same direction that Sehun had previously.

 

Chanyeol, not to be deterred, walked up to Kai. “I can fix it!” he said cheerily. Kai stared at him for a long moment.

 

“Chanyeol, this is your last chance to fix all of this!” Kai whined, relinquishing his hold on the device.

 

Chanyeol sat in a nearby seat and opened the app. Kai waited while minutes went by.

 

Suddenly, Chanyeol smiled and bounced a bit in the chair.

 

“What did you do!?”

 

“Nothing.”

 

Kai grasped the phone out of Chanyeol’s hands and began looking at the damage done. Not only was his follower number growing to nearly 100,000, but also there was a post from rehearsals earlier that week.

 

Kai was still unfamiliar with the features of the account and began look at the different options. Upon clicking on a ‘photos of you’ tab, Kai noticed a string of what looked like screen shots of something familiar. Clicking on one, Kai saw a slew of messages that had seemed to be left on his own video under Chanyeol’s account. Furthermore, the screen shot messages were captured in several font faces on several fan accounts with several mentions of Chanyeol’s predictable fanboy behavior.

 

Kai groaned and stared helplessly at the screen.

 

“Well, I guess I’m on Instagram.”