#1

That Person

Hyukjae did not want to wake up. He is aware that this is just a dream, but he does not wish to even wake up. 

He dreamt of wandering around the grounds of Hogwarts at night. The light of the full moon illuminating from the sky.Yet here he was calmly walking and basking his freedom under the moon. 

But he was not alone. He was walking with the person he cherishes the most. No words were exchanged, a comfortable silence surrounding them. 

They held hands and walked closer than ever, their shoulders bumping, shy glances were exchanged. 

Their footsteps were slightly heard. The wind softly blows through the trees and the leaves, not too cold to make them shiver but not too warm for summer.

The hand in his tightened. He looked down at their intertwined hands, wishing he never had to let go. Their hands fit like it was meant to be, its warmth making his heart beat even faster. 

He looked up and gazed at the person beside him.

Lee Donghae.

His bestfriend was staring ahead, eyes settled on the moon. Upon realizing that someone was staring at him, Donghae looked at Hyukjae and tilted his head slightly.

Hyukjae cannot help but notice how the moon casts a soft glow upon his bestfriend, making him look even more beautiful. Those pure brown eyes that looked at him with pure affection, that he wished were real.
That soft smile grazing upon those thin lips which promises everything Hyukjae ever wished.
The person he had loved ever since. 

His bestfriend.

He does not wish for this dream to end.

Because if he does, he knew he has to face his bestfriend. He knows. Donghae knows. 

His bestfriend knew about the secret he has been keeping ever since. The thing that makes him hate himself.
That he was a lycantrophe.
A werewolf.

He squeezed the other's hand once again only to find out that the hand was slowly withdrawing away from him. He panickly looked at his bestfriend who had disappeared.

He frantically looked around but only saw the bright full moon in front of him.

He felt the same urge surging up his body, the wolf was coming out. 
And then everything went black.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Donghae looked at his bestfriend who was peacefully sleeping at the infirmary. Madam Pomfrey looked shocked seeing him carry his bestfriend towards the infirmary after he had collapsed but chose to say nothing.

She led them to the innermost room and told Donghae to put Hyukjae on the bed. 

After healing the wounds around his body, they changed him to clean clothes and enchanted him to sleep peacefully.
She looked at Donghae curiously, looking like she wanted to ask something. 

Donghae stared back at her, silently asking her to let him stay. Meaningful silence was exchanged and surrounded them. The nurse sensed something from those eyes, which (Donghae hoped) made her nod softly and whisper, "Just one night." and left.

Hearing her footsteps fade away Donghae turned to his bestfriend.

Millions of questions were running through his mind, all of them waiting to be answered. His heart dreaded for that time but he knew he had to do it. 

But as he settled on a chair beside the bed, while holding the other's hand Donghae decides that maybe it could wait.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Feeling something squeeze his hand Donghae sat up abruptly. Realizing that he was still in the infirmary and had fallen asleep (rather uncomfortably) by Hyukjae's side. He stretched his aching muscles he realized that they had been holding hands (he must have done it before he fell asleep) and he immediately looked up at his bestfriend. 

Hyukjae was still sleeping soundly. But realizing why he woke up, Donghae immediately checked whether something was wrong. Seeing that the other still slept peacefully he figured that the other is fine (but not without another check).

After making sure that the other was indeed fine, he sighed softly and relaxed on his chair. Quietly staring (read: ogling) at his bestfriend's peaceful figure. The soft morning light from the window was illuminating the other's face.

Hyukjae's face is paler than ever, his plump lips slightly pale. Fighting the urge to run his fingers through those single lidded eyelids, pointy nose and defined jaw Donghae just squeezed the others hand, relinquishing the warmth.

However he noticed a soft frown on the other's forehead. Lips twitching slightly and his head now twitching in distress.

Hyukjae is having a nightmare. Donghae wanted to wake him up but the other's hold was too tight. He lightly slapped the other's cheek with his other hand. Panic laced through his veins. Finally after frantic moments of distress the other gasped and finally opened his eyes.

It was unfocused at first but after blinking slightly Hyukjae managed to gather himself and looked straight at Donghae.

He cannot describe the feelings reflected on those orbs. He only managed to catch some of it, relief which gradually turned into shock which eventually turned into fear.

Donghae sensed the immense fear and reluctance from the other and decided not to talk about it.

"How do you feel? Does anything hurt?" he asked while checking (yet again) if there are other injuries.

The other shook his head slowly and inquiring Donghae with unsaid questions.

Realizing what it meant he took a deep breath. "Hyuk, I.."

He did not know how to start. It is very difficult to confront such sensitive issue but Donghae knew they had to face it someday. 

Yet as he observed those tired eyes which showed immense fear and distress he thinks that maybe they can do it in the future.

The only thing important now is that Hyukjae is safe. And that nothing had harmed both of them.

Donghae knew they still need to face the reality, but right now he doesn't really care.

He can wait until they are both ready to talk about this matter.

So he just smiled softly and tightening their intertwined hands. Reassuring both Hyukjae and himself.
"I'm glad you're okay."

And Hyukjae cried. 

(His bestfriend later denied such allegations but Donghae smiled slyly, rolling his eyes at the soft blush on the others cheeks. And he can't even be more thankful that nothing had changed.)