Two

Everything Has Changed
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Okay, guys! Can someone run to corner shop for some more beers? I don't think we have enough" Luhan's voice rings out of the kitchen.

"Sure. Baek and I'll get them. Maybe grab some chips and sodas?" comes the answer.

" Yeah! Thanks Yeollie. You're a life saviour" the home owner answers.

" You want anything, birthday boy?"Baekhyun asks Kyungsoo as he passes in front of the boy, walking towards the door to join with Chanyeol who is at war with his left shoe right now.

" 2 chocolate milk please" the mentioned answers in passing; not really looking at his hyung.

"Aish! Chocolate milk? What a lightweight! It's your party. Your should live a bit. You hear me, Kyungsoo?" his hyung calls out but receives no answer.

"Come on, Baek. Let the boy be. He has a lot to adjust with his coming of age. Alphas have it harder than us betas, you know?" Chanyeol gently reminds him.

Baekhyun just hums his agreement and with that closes the door behind him, following Chanyeol. The said boy is sitting on of the sofa facing the entertainment unit mounted on the wall of the apartment; a variety show is on but obviously, the alpha's focus is on something else. His attention is not really on his hyungs because his nerves are tingling. He's quite sure that only spiderman has that ability but he swears something is brewing but he just can't pinpoint it yet. Something is happening, tugging at his gut and is making his innards twist. He tries to quel the feeling by inhaling deeply and exhaling slowly but it does nothing to calm him. Instead his actions seem to tighten the band around his heart and accelerates his pulse. Breathing in the familiar scents of his friends and the apartment should not unsettle him but among the layers there's one subtle undertone that somehow making its presence unique. It feels like whatever inside him is restless and tries to break out in order to reach out for that scent.

"Hey! Soo. Are you alright?. I can smell your anxiety from here" Luhan asks.

Snapping from his trance, Kyungsoo turns to look at the elder with a small smile gracing his mouth.

"Sorry, Lu-ge. I'm having a hard time to stay calm somehow. It's really silly but something is riling my wolf up the minute I stepped in. I really thought I've mastered controlling my scent" he apologitically explains.

He sighs heavily, rubbing his sternum, trying to make the tightness go away.

"Ahhh! Must be Kris' scent that's riling you up. He just finished his heat a couple of days ago. Let me spray some more mist. You must have a sensitive nose after your coming of age. I can't smell anything except for you" the elder offers.

Kris.

The unlikely omega.

The elder should be an alpha from his good looks and extreme height but the man is an omega out of all ranks. If the elder is a beta like his hyungs then maybe Kyungsoo could be friendlier to him but his existence sometimes just makes him feels bad about being such a lame and pathetic alpha. Unfortunately, his self loathing presents itself through his scent. in the past, he tried in vain to control his feelings but being in the presence of someone who has all the qualities he wanted so much made him resentful. All the more, the omega is comfortable being himself unlike Kyungsoo, who is always, always too aware of his lackings. It is nowhere Kris' fault being who he is but something about him that even as the tall man tries to blend into the background (as if he could), his presence always makes himself known to Kyungsoo. He guessed if he were to talk about his insecurities with his friends, they would understand but Kyungsoo is not Kyungsoo if he isn't tight lipped about his feelings and emotional baggage.

Alpha Do Kyungsoo is short and small. If Luhan falls under the category pretty (never utter the word in front of the alpha if you love your life and would want to procreate in the future) Kyungsoo falls under the category of cute and squishy. His features screams of a submissive omega

Please log in to read the full chapter