YoonSeok

A Daydream Away (YoonGi Ship Drabbles)

 

“Just give me one good reason why we shouldn’t be more than friends who have ,” Hoseok demands. “And I’ll never bring this up again.”

Yoongi sighs, thinking about all of the painful relationships he’s had in the past. “You have to think of it like a carnival.” Yoongi says, and the puzzled expression on Hoseok’s face comes as no surprise to him. “There are easy carnival games that everyone wins, and there are carnival games that are extremely difficult.”

Hoseok shakes his head as if to say ‘I don’t follow.’ Again, Yoongi sighs. “ is like the easy game that everyone wins.” Yoongi elaborates. “You play the game and go home with your prize. It may not be as good as the prize from the more difficult game, love, but you’re okay with that because you didn’t have to try as hard.” He takes a breath. “When we play the game of love, we want to go for the giant stuffed monkey, but most of the time settle for the cheap, stuffed rabbit because we couldn’t get a higher prize.”

“Sometimes we’re perfectly capable of obtaining the giant stuffed monkey,” Hoseok says. “We’re just not willing to try.”

“It’s better than being disappointed.” Yoongi insists.

Story 5
Carnival Prizes

 

Word Count: 206

Author's Note: Mitsukiyomi here with a Yoonseok drabble that I came up with. Bangtan Love had asked me for my take on a Yoonseok relationship similar to the one created by ifyoubelieve in the fic Coffee Love (which Bangtan Love is co-author of). Anyway, it's a relationship where Yoongi and Hoseok start of as sort of casual buddies...and this is somewhat my take on how a relationship similar to that may go. I may do something with this (turn it into a full fic) later, but I'm not really sure. You can also find this fic on my writing tumblr, where I'm planning on posting a bunch of works that may never see this site. (Those will mainly be random little drabbles like this one and other works that I may not be proud of. All my good stuff will hit AFF as well.)