Chapter One

Past Meets Present

Here's my sequel to my story 'Gokusen 3 Remake'. If you haven't read it yet, I suggest you read it before this story or you'll be confused. I was writing my side story for Reita and Yuki, but I got writer's block, so I decide to write the first chapter of this story. ^-^ Hope you enjoy. ~Heza-chan

Chapter One

I awoke to birds singing in the distance and the sun shining through the little crack in the curtains. With a smile, I stood and stretched. I walked to the window and opened to curtain letting sunlight pour into the bedroom. I closed my eyes enjoying the heat when a groan sounded behind me. I turned to the body bundled up in covers in the bed. I got back in bed and slow pulled the covers back to see the love of my life, Ogata, Yamato. I gently ran my fingers through his hair until something sparkled. I raised my left hand to see my engagement ring. I smiled thinking back when we were in high school, the birth of our daughter, and when he proposed to me on graduation day. It was only a few months ago, but was still the greatest day of my life. A hand gently took mine bringing me out of my thoughts. I looked back at Yamato to see his brown eyes looking at me curiously.

"What's that smile for? What are you thinking about," he asked.

I leaned down and kiss him, "us."

I got off the bed only to be pulled down into a warm embrace.

"What about us," he whispered.

"About when we officially met because that time when we were younger doesn't count," we laughed, "about when you confessed, when Yuri was born and mainly, when you proposed."

He smiled, "those were great days."

"Yeah."

I wiggled out of his arms and went to the nursery to see Yuri wide awake.

"Hey you," I cooed, "looks like you're awake. You're awake."

I picked her up. Her brown eyes, that matched Yamato's, moved around the room.

"Are you looking for daddy," I pouted.

Yamato walked in with a yawn. Yuri smiled at the sight of him and reached her arms out. He smiled before taking her. He looked at me to see my pout.

"What?"

I crossed my arms and mumbled, "she only wants daddy and not mama."

He snickered, "that's because she like me better."

My jaw dropped, "does not."

"Does too."

"Fine, but you just wait. When she starts noticing boys and going on dates, we'll see who her favorite parent is," I walked out.

"What boys? And who said she'll be allowed to date?!"

I laughed. Poor Yuri. She has one of those over-protective fathers. I went outside and grabbed the mail. When I came back in, Yamato was trying to make breakfast as Yuri watched him from her highchair. I smiled when Yamato would turn to her and make a weird face making her laugh. He was a great father.

"Are you still meeting the guys later today," I asked him as I sorted the mail.

"Yeah," he answered as he flipped a half burnt pancake, "you can join us, you know. We're meeting at Kumai-san's"

"I know, but I have to go down to the court house today remember."

He sighed, "that right. I wonder what they could want."

I shrugged, "I don't know. But in the letter, it said something about my parents."

Yamato paused a little before flipping another pancake. He knew I didn't like talking about my parents or what happened the night they were murdered, and he never pushed me especially when I got a letter from the court house last week. It said something about my parents' will and I needed to come to discuss it. I didn't even know that my parents had a will, but then again they died when I was four so I don't really remember them except that night. I was brought out of my thoughts when a pair of arms wrapped themselves around my waist. I leaned back into their owner's chest.

"I could go with you," he said into my hair.

I shook my head, "no. This is something I have to do myself, but do you think you could take Yuri with you to Kumai-san's. I know the guys would love to see her. They haven't in a while."

He moved his head to where my shoulder and neck met, "sure."

We stood there for a while until I smelt something.

"Um…Yamato…"

"Yeah."

"Breakfast."

"!"

He let me go and ran to the stove. I couldn't help but laugh.

After dressing Yuri and myself, I left her with Yamato and made my way to the court house. I was a few blocks away when I heard my name.

"Heza-san."

I turned to see Yuki, Reita's girlfriend or as he says 'a girl who is his friend.' Yeah right. I waved at her as she got closer.

"Ohayo Heza-san, " she bowed.

I smiled, "formal as ever, Yuki-chan."

She laughed, "where are you going?"

"Errands," I lied, "what about you? From what I heard is you got in Akadou."

She nodded, "I did. Thanks to you, they wanted to see if Akadou could co-ed, so I signed up."

"A certain 3-D student wouldn't have anything to do with that decision, would he?"

She blushed, "n..no?"

I raised an eyebrow, "sure. Well I have to get going. It was great to see you again Yuki-chan. Maybe next time we can talk about that 3-D student that has nothing to do with you going to Akadou," she blushed harder, "Ja ne, Yuki-chan."

"Good-bye Heza-san," she bowed before walking off.

I shook my head before walking towards the court house again. I knew it was only a matter of time before Reita and Yuki would start dating. I mean they're acting just like me and Yamato right before we started going out. I smiled at the thought. I finally arrived. I went to the reception desk. The lady led me to the office of Fujimoto, Kai. I knocked on the door.

"Come in," a deep voice said.

I entered. It was a regular size office with a bunch of filing cabinets and a small desk with stacks of paper taking up majority of the top of the desk. A hand shot up over the papers.

"Come in. Come in."

I closed the door and walked further into the office. One of the stacks moved to relieve a small older bald man. He squinted up at me.

"Can I help you, young lady?"

"I got a letter saying that my parents had a will."

"What are your parents' names?"

"Saitou."

His little eyes widened a little before he started moving around the stacks of papers to the cabinets. He began to mumble to himself as he looked though the cabinets. He pulled a file out then made his way back to his chair.

"Please have a seat. Just move those paper to the floor."

I looked down to see a chair covered in papers. I gently moved the papers to the floor before sitting. I looked back at Fujimoto to see him looking for something on his desk.

"What did I do with those glasses," he mumbled.

As he looked, something shiny on his head caught my eye.

"Fujimoto-san?"

He looked at me. I motioned to his head. He felt his head then smiled.

"Thank you, Saitou-san. I always lose these darn things."

I smiled. He put on his glasses before getting serious.

"Now before we begin, I would like to say I am sorry for your lose, Saitou-san."

"It's alright. It happened a long time ago."

"I know," I looked at him shocked, "you see, when your parents were murdered, I was the judge who signed many warrants to help the police catch the criminals. I also wanted to be the judge who tried the criminals, but they were never caught. Your parents were great people."

"You knew my parents?"

He nodded, "I did. Your parents came to me when they wanted to do their will. In fact, I'm the judge who married your parents."

"I see."

There was a moment of silence between us before he opened the file.

"Let's begin. Your parents didn't have a lot of things in their will. They left me money to help you pay for things."

"So you're the person who paid my rent on that apartment I lived in when I left the Kazama's."

He nodded, "and they left you other things: a house and a safe deposit box."

He handed me the file. I looked at the papers. The house was paid as well as the land it sat on. It didn't say what was in the box. Taped to the file folder were two keys: one to the house and the other to the box.

"Why am I just now getting this stuff?"

"Your parents made it real clear that you would only receive this stuff after you graduate."

I closed the file and stood, "thank you Fujimoto-san."

He stood. We bowed to each other. I was about to open the door when he spoke.

"You look like your mother."

I smiled at him, "I know. Thank you again."

I left with the file in hand.

I know it's a little slow, but don't worry, it will pick. JSo what did you think? Did you like it? Hate it? Let me know in a comment or you can message me if you're shy. ^-^ ~Heza-chan