I am Changed

Healing Me, Jekyll

 

It is 8 in the morning. I wake up and look at the table beside my bed. No message.

Robin definitely did not show up last night, too. It is already a month since he left.

"Goo Seo Jin, let's not see each other again. Don't seek me out again."

The truth is he never left, he is just a part of me right now. He is me, I am him.

 

---

 

Knock on the door, and I hear the creak sound from its opening. The woman, she smiles at me. I am giving my best smile and I am just happy.

Is this it? The normal life I have yearned for years? If it is, I would not ask for more.

"Did you sleep well?" she asked me as she walks towards me, breaking my thought.

"Never better. How about you?" I asker her back. She comes closer to my bed and sits beside me.

"It's been a long time actually since I can sleep early. I am dissapointed because I am dragging this all away by myself. It should be sooner I give you this brand new life. I am sorry." She grabs my hand and caresses it.

I immediately pull her in my embrace. "I am happy right now. Just seeing you here makes me happy. No need to be sorry. I am more sorry."

She deepens her head to my embrace.

 

---

 

"How do you think about this, Sangmunim?" she shows me a new concept for her new circus parade. It will be their 40th anniversary soon and I know this is so important for her.

I look away from my tablet and immediately see her proposal. It is good actually. I already can imagine a beautiful parade with colorful costumes and decorations. Not to mention they will also bring the circus animals too. It will be a huge anniversary party for them and a good event for Wonderland, too. Ah, still business. Yeah, I am still Goo Seo Jin, by the way. The only thing is I don't look at her circus proposal indifferently like the first time I tried to chase them out of Wonderland. Aissh, nasty me.

"Sangmunim?" Hana-ssi asks me again.

"It's good. It's wonderful. Ryu Sangmunim will definitely accept this idea. No worry." I smile at her. "Anything I can help you with?"

Her eyes widen. She chuckles right away.

"Why are you laughing?" I ask her.

She still laughs. I must be having a very confused look right now.

"Can I not help you?" I ask her again.

Finally, she ends her laughter and puts her serious face.

"Sangmunim. I don't even know the day like this will be coming. I mean, with you. Like I said before, you must be really a warm hearted and good person before, and even now." She says these words with sincere look in her eyes. "I am happy that I could be having this kind of conversation with you like this."

"You know I am more happy since I could always see and make you smiling all day. I am glad you make me changed." I said back to her.

"You are free, Goo Seo Jin." she just smiles.

"That actually sounds better, huh?" I .

"What?" She put her confused look.

"Seo Jin-ah. Try it. You don't love your Sangmunim (boss). You love a man named Goo Seo Jin. I am not a Sangmunim anymore by the way." I look at her longingly, waiting her response.

 

 

"I am changing. I am changed. And you are the reason. Thank you for always being by my side."

(Goo Seo Jin)

 

"This ride is unpredictable. But, I ride it and enjoy it. Then, I love it."

(Jang Ha Na)