Fin

I can't make you love me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I’m leaving,” he tells her. His eyes were cold and distant. His face remained unfathomable as she looked right through him. One thing is for sure, he must have been lying.

He can’t do this to her and she knows that he won’t do this to her.

No, not today. Not when she’s one step ahead to her confession. She wants to tell him the truth and he deserves to know. But she’s too afraid - afraid that the one man whom she trusted, the only man that she has ever loved would throw her away like any other person whom she cared about.

If it would be somebody else who’ll hurt her, it would be fine. But if it was him? It would be a whole new story to begin with. If somebody would ask her why, it would be the same question that she’s about to ask herself.

“Jongin,” she utters softly. Her eyes pleading, trying to seep through the barrier between them. “Don’t do this.”

He turned, not letting his eyes meet hers because if it does, his guard would fall and if it happens, he would lose. Just like how he’s lost within her hazel brown eyes.

“I’m through with whatever we have, Soojung.” He shoved his hands inside of his pockets.

“Liar,” she hissed, her eyes shut as her head was facing the floor. Unconsciously, tears were streaming down her face. “You promised me, Jongin. You promised me that you would never leave me just like how everyone else did!”

Jongin turned to her, his eyes filled with fury. He kicked the chairs at the side, his hands remaining inside of his pockets. “You asked for this! You wanted me to let you go. Now that I’m giving you what you want, you’ll be crying in front of me? Well, stop this bull, Soojung. I’m not going to buy it.”

“I told you to give me space but not to leave me!” She shouts in frustration as she locked his eyes with hers. "I want you to stay. I want you to stay by my side!"

“That's the most selfish thing that I've ever heard.” He utters, his breathing was heavy after all the commotion that he did. For now, he only wanted her reasons. “Why are you so confusing, Soojung?” He was so frustrated. He has grown tired of this. “Why? Why would you want me to stay?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter