Inspiration

Inspiration (oneshot)

 

Tap tap tap. Jonghyun’s pen kept meeting the desk rapidly, trying to tap out a rhythm that he could use. He looked at the infuriatingly blank sheet of paper.

“,” he hissed as he drew up yet another black. His hand twitched again and the tap resounded through his empty room. An hour. That was how long he’d been stuck writing this one song, but somehow it was refusing to come together.

Jonghyun leaned back and sighed. What was it the manager had wanted? Something in Japanese that was light, fun, and cute. Something that would be catchy and upbeat. Something fluffy and romantic… crap.

It wasn’t that Jonghyun wasn’t the most eligible person to write a song on normal circumstances, but… Something just wasn’t right. Lately, he’d only wanted to write about heartbreak. Sorrow. Being ignored. The pen nearly cracked as Jonghyun clenched his fist in frustration. Why him, anyway?! He didn’t even speak Japanese. Not like Key… Key…

“Yeobo!” Speaking of Key, the man came crashing through the bedroom door with his arms wide open and his newly-dyed hair flipping in the non-existent wind.

“Hey Key,” Jonghyun muttered grumpily, his skin suddenly feeling like it was covered in prickles. Key approached carelessly and leapt, landing heavily on Jonghyun’s back. The older man couldn’t help but grumble, “Not now.”

“Why not?” Key asked, and Jonghyun had no problem imagining those two perfectly pink lips parting in a clear pout. Focus on the damn song!

“I have to turn in a new song tomorrow, and I’m way behind schedule,” Jonghyun explained. Key snatched the paper and Jonghyun trailed his eyes after it, watching Key’s face morph into a frown as he was awestruck by the sheer blankness.

“It’s…”

“Horrible.” Jonghyun didn’t have a problem admitting it. “Absolute . I can’t figure this out!” he roared.

“What?” Key asked worriedly. “It’s okay, really!”

“No it’s not!” Jonghyun snarled. He covered his face with his hands, groaning in frustration. Key’s hands met his shoulders and he felt the muscles kneaded in a much-wanted massage.

“You just need a little inspiration,” Key purred softly. Jonghyun turned and smirked.

“Like what?” he asked, trying to surrender to amusement. Key pursed his lips in thought and picked up the pen. Jonghyun watched as his friend placed a slender finger on top and then click.

“Like this,” Key said cheerfully as he clicked out a simple rhythm. Jonghyun rolled his eyes.

“I could do that,” Jonghyun snarled. Key smirked.

“Why didn’t you?” the younger man asked as he kept clicking. Jonghyun nudged the man’s gut and Key stumbled backwards, the pen drawing a dark line over Jonghyun’s forearm. The two froze for a moment before Jonghyun grinned wickedly and grabbed a spare pen from his desk. He clicked it and tackled Key to the ground.

“Payback!” he announced triumphantly as he attacked Key’s prized face. For a second before the pen touched the fair skin, Jonghyun thought that he couldn’t possibly mar Key’s face like this. Then one circle was drawn under the feline-like eyes, and there was no end. Key battled back, his own hand drawing flurries of lines on Jonghyun’s arms and cheeks.

“Get off of me, you lump!” Key demanded, even though he was screeching with laughter. Jonghyun smirked and tauntingly drew a swirl on Key’s nose. Before he could stop himself, he bent down and kissed it. Key’s soft skin was warm against his lips, and for the split second between the kiss and the awkward silence, Jonghyun was blissfully happy.

Then the awkward silence ensued as Jonghyun lifted his head. His eyes met Key’s and for a moment fear and uncertainty clenched around his rapidly pounding heart.

“I-I’m sorry,” he stammered out. Key blinked before stretching up. Jonghyun nearly questioned the feeling of warmth meeting quivering warmth between their lips, but he let himself drown in the kiss. He didn’t care. He tilted his head and let his lips swallow Key’s. Their tongues poked shyly in the middle and Key’s flavor flooded his senses.

“Don’t be,” Key whispered through their kiss. Jonghyun pulled away and smiled shyly.

“Key, I-“

“Shut up,” Key hissed, lunging forward and letting his lips crash into Jonghyun’s. Through their second kiss, Jonghyun was vaguely aware of Key’s arms stretching up and linking behind his neck, not that he cared. All that did was keep them close together, and that was all Jonghyun wanted.

 

“What are you writing?” Key asked as he timidly wrapped his arms around Jonghyun’s neck. The desk lamp illuminated the words in the otherwise pitch-black room. Jonghyun stared at his pencil before smiled.

“Kiss Kiss Kiss… kimidakeo…korekaramo mitsumeteitai...”

 

A/N - Jongkey goodness XD Tris, this is for you!