Chapter 13 (finalised)

Tick Tock *discontinued*
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hana's POV

It's been about a week since the incident and nothing's changed. We still don't talk much, just a mere exchange of questions regarding school work, sometimes chatting about random things when lessons got boring and sometimes he'd text me asking what homework there was. 

School went on as boringly as I've imagined. Homework and homework and more homework.   That's how high school students live. Just that mine was a lot more lonelier. There were pretty much no changes since the first day of school, I still had no friends - well other than Mark if he counted.

I no longer spent break with him ever since the incident with Jinah. But we still chatted during class, when we both didn't feel like paying attention. He was nice, funny and interesting. He could crack jokes all the time and never failed to bring a smile to my face. Oh, and the best thing was that we could speak fluent English to each other so no one else could understand us. Mark was actually the only person I'd consider a friend, since we were on talking terms.

Hmm, there's Jeno who i can try and consider my friend, but counting on how basic our conversations were and how little we talked outside of class, I don't think I can even call him a friend. Maybe a classmate. I used to think of him as someone who was totally unapproachable, someone who barely opened his mouth to speak. But it turns out, that I really shouldnt judge people by their covers. Jeno seemed like a pretty cheery person underneath his cold exterior, and he talks so much more now. Not that I knew him that well, it was just that, sometimes, his kindness shows up without him even knowing. There was no one else that I talked to. I didn't dare approach anyone and no one bothered about my presence either. The people I walked pass were merely strangers. Basically, I had one friend, one classmate and a whole bunch of strangers that surrounded my boring school life.

Like any other days, I unpacked my bag and got ready for the first lesson. Sighing, I leaned against my chair, waiting for the teacher to walk in. I closed my eyes to take a short break, I didn't sleep well last night. Headaches kept me up awake till 4am. 

I heard the sound of the chair next to me being dragged out from under the desk. I focused my attention on the person who now sat beside me. First time Jeno was actually on time for school. I cocked an eyebrow at him without even realising, and he turned to look me in the eye, raising an eyebrow too.

"Surprised to see my handsome face so early in the morning?" He joked and shamelessly combed his fingers through his dark brown hair.

"Yeah... You're on time for once." I didn't bother replying sarcastically. I went back to closing my eyes and resting. But the uncomfortable feeling of having a pair of eyes stare at me while I rested was unbearable.

"Stop staring." I reopened my eyes to see Jeno staring right at me. It's so annoying that he likes to stare. If he wasn't the famous kingka of this school, I would definitely have found him a scary staring freak. He may think I don't notice him staring at me and drilling a hole in my face with his eyes, but I do. I've tried to tell him to stop a few times by hinting that I've noticed, but he never stopped. This time, I needed to rest, so I had said it in his face. But I sort of regretted it immediately, I sounded harsh and mean.

"No," the familiar cheeky grin still present on his face. I rolled my eyes at him and decided to ignore him like I've always done. I was still having a headache that hadn't gone away from the previous day. I sighed and rubbed my temples when the teacher walked in for the first lesson

"You don't seem well." He stated and rested his elbow on the table, tilting his body to face me. 

"It's nothing," I scribbled a few words on my notebook. After a few seconds of silence and him staring again, I continued, "It's just a headache."

"Do you wanna take a pill? It'll help." 

"No, thanks, I'll survive." I cracked a small smile and focused on the lesson once again. 

"Okay." I heard a small sigh escape his lips. As usual, we didn't talk for the rest of the whole lesson. 

These few days though, we've texted each other more than usual. And the reason's mostly because it was the second semester and teachers were trying to assign all the leftover projects. For convenience, the teachers assigned tablemates to do the project together.

I was resting in bed at night, ready to fall asleep any moment soon when my phone buzzed. I reached for it and opened the message. That's weird for someone like me to receive a message at night. 

When are you free? -Jeno

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter