On the Rainy Night

On the Rainy Night

It was raining heavily.. I was alone in the house. I can’t sleep cause the thunder has been storming so loudly make my heart felt uneasy.. I look outside my window and stare at the rain.

“When’s the rain gonna stop?” Infront of my house, about 50 feet , there’s a big oak tree. The tree swaying in the wind. Suddenly, my eyes captured a figure under the tree. It was a man who are in my age, wears only t-shirt  and jeans and he hugs his own body because he’s cold. He seems to have no umbrella and transport to go anywhere. I kept looking at him when suddenly I hear a quite strong thunderstorm and make me chilled. I don’t know whether it’s an effect that the thunder make but a small branch of the oak tree fall and its fallen on the head of the guy.

“ouch!” I heard the guy shout while his rubbing his head. I chuckled a bit but somehow I felt so worry and sympathy with that guy. He run away from the tree and standing under a lightpole that is right infront of my house. I can see him shivering and I think that he is crying inside. I feel so uncomfortable so I decided to let him stay in my house. I quickly took my umbrella and go outside near him.

“ Hey, I saw you from my window. I think you don’t have umbrella nor place to stay while waiting for the rains to stops. If you don’t mind, you can stay inside my house for a while until the rain stops.” I smile at him. He furrowed his eyebrows but later he smile and nodded at me. I welcome him into my house. I can tell his clothes very wet because I can feel my carpet already damp when step on it. I bring him upstairs where he can take a warm shower. The stairs also wet because of his clothes but I don’t care at all because it’s not like there’s someone else in the house. I bring him to the shower and take his clothes to dry them up. While he’s on shower, I took my brother’s clothes and set up the bed. I know that the rain won’t stop in a few hours. I called my brother to ask his location.

“ yah.. where are u?”

“ How the can I go back home if the weather is like this? Maybe I will stay at my friend’s house. Are you okay staying home alone?”

“hurmm… I guess so.. but please go back immediately after the rain stop.”

“okay.. goodnight.. hope you can sleep well ” I place my phone into my pocket. I don’t want to tell my brother about the guy because I don’t want him to worry about a stranger in our house. After I set up the bed, I put the clothes he’s gonna wear on the bed. I heard a knock on the door. I opened it and something makes me surprise. The guy is standing infront of me, grinning at me, and he’s ONLY IN HIS TOWEL! He makes me blush at I can’t help my eyes to stop staring at his abs! But  I quickly snap out and let him in.

“The clothes is on the bed, your clothes is still wet so you gonna wear my brother’s.”

“okay thanks” he’s walk toward the bed and examine the  clothes.

He said “it’s perfect” and flash a smile at me. I smile back at him. I stood there by door.

“urm… I want to change now….”

“oh yeah sorry” I run out the room and close the door behind me. ‘Omg! Why did I stand there like a ert? I must be insane’.. I sit at a couch in front my tv waiting for him. He came out looking good with my brother’s shirt.

“wow its fit” I said.

“yeah it is.. hahha.. so, urm….. whats your name?”

“Park Minjee”

“I’m Yang Yoseob” he took out his hand want to shake with me. I shook his hand. He sits beside me silent.

“urm.. this is very awkward..” I chuckled. He smile and nod.

“so, are you thirsty? Let me make a drink for you..”

“yeah sure.. the kitchen downstairs right?”

“urm.. follow me..” I walking down the staircase he was behind me. I was walking too fast because I kinda nervous when he walking at my back  but I didn’t remember that the stairs still slippery because of yoseob just now and things that I don’t want happen. I fall from the stairs and apparently Yoseob try to grab my arm but he failed and also fell from the stairs.

‘I should clean up the water on the stairs.’ I said in my mind when my body already at the bottom of the stairs. I didn’t notice that Yoseob also fell off until he fall on me. His face and mine just an inch away and I can feel his breath tickling on my face. My eyes widened when I saw his face come closer and closer to my face. He closed hi s eyes and come closer. I closed my eyes too but suddenly,

“ah-choo~!” I sneeze right on his face. I quickly wipe my nose and push him to sit. I wipe his face with my hand and quickly went to the kitchen.

“I’m so sorry! Let me find something for you to wipe it off..” I open one of the drawer in my kitchen cabinet and found a box of tissues. I give him some and he wipe his face.

“I’m sorry!”

“It’s okay…” He smile at me. I took a medicine box and eat a flu medicine.

“Can you give me one too? I think I’m going to sick too”

“ohh sure.. but it’s already finish.. you have to take a panadol..”

“fine by me..”

“but… my mom said that if you want to take a panadol, you have to eat first.. by any chance, you have eat before you got caught in the rain?”

“you mean dinner? Nope.. I didn’t eat anything since lunch today and you can say I’m a little starving right now..”

“urm.. let me make you… din-…uhh.. supper..” I try to find any food in the refrigerator and cabinets but didn’t find any food.

“hey I don’t think there’s a food in here but wait!” I open my cabinet and found a packet of flour.

“pancakes?”

“sure!” he smile and wait at the dining table. The dining table is only besides the kitchen so actually he can see me cook from his chair. I make the pancake’s mixture and pour it on a pan.

“hey.. you’re living alone?”

“nope.. my parents on vacation, my sister sleeps at her friend’s house and my brother actually should be home by now but the rain makes him stay at his friends house but I think he’s gonna be back after the rain stops..”

“yeah.. but the rains got heavier…” I look at through the kitchen’s window and he’s right. The rain got heavier and heavier.

“urm… Minjee, I think I smell something…”

“shoot!” I flip the pancakes and saw the pancake is burnt. I put it on a plate and give it to Yoseob.

“hey.. this pancakes is half burn but still can be eaten.. so, yeah.. here’s the honey, whipped cream and chocolate syrup.. enjoy…” I smile at him trying to cover my mistake but actually that is his mistake. If he didn’t ask me something just now, I would burnt it! I make my way back to the left over mixture on the cabinet and pour the remaining to make myself a pancake.

‘im hungry too~’ I wait until it cook and flip it over.

‘perfect! Nice one Minjee!’I put it on a plate and take a chair infront of him. I saw he’s already eating half of his pancake. I take the whipped cream can and spray it on my pancake. He saw my action and suddenly gasped.

“woah~ why your pancake’s looks perfect?”

“because this time, I flip it before it burnt..”

“aww~ not fair! I got half burn pancake and you got a perfect one!” He pouted and stomping his hand on the table with the spoon in his grips.

“So what? It’s your fault actually the cake got burnt..” I said smirking at him. He still pouted at me and show his puppy eyes.

‘damn this dude is stranger! But he act like he know me for so long!’

“aish.. arasso.. give me yours and you can take mine…”

“yeay~!” he said while switching our plate.

‘seriously wtf.. aish..

I eat his pancake and he eats mine. After his spoon he look at me.

“what? Oh.. you want drinks? Wait for a sec” I quickly finish my food and take his plate and mine to the sink. I wash the plates and make drink for both of us. I make the both of us white coffee although I know It’s not good to drink coffee at night.

“sorry… I only got coffee..”

“it’s okay.. where’s the panadol?” he eat the panadol with the coffee. When we both finish our drinks, we decided to get some sleep since its already 1 a.m.. I make him sleep in my room while I’m gonna sleep in my parent’s room. Before I go to sleep, I open my laptop and try to connect the internet.

stupid rain!’ I said after I saw it wrote internet connection failed on the screen. I close the laptop, brush my teeth, clean my face and slow down the fan before going to sleep. I put my head on the pillow and suddenly I felt something missing.

‘my bolster! It’s in my room!’I quickly get up and went to my room. I knocked on the door twice before I heard groaning on the inside.

“urm.. Yoseob.. can I-” He open the door before I could finish my sentence. I saw his red eyes and his left hand scratching his head while the other hand is………hugging my bolster.

“urmm.. that.. I want that! I can’t sleep without it” I point at the bolster.

“oh.. this is yours?” He gave it to me. I smiled at him and bowing.

“Gomawo~ jaljayo!” I turn my body around walk toward my parent room and sleep.

 

***

 

“Minjee~!!!!” I heard my brother’s voice. I open my eyes and saw the room already bright with the sunshine ray through the window.
 

“what is it Oppa?” I said smiling but I was so surprise to see he’s standing beside the bed gripping Yoseob’s arm. I look at him and he give me the I-Want-Some-Explaination-On This- face.

“urmm.. that’s yoseob… he’s got caught in the rain yesterday…He standing under the oak tree.. I pity with him so I kinda let him in..”

“are sure you’re helping him? He’s not your boyfriend?”

“yes.. I helped him and I forgot to tell you…”

“you guys not…”

“no! aish.. If we are, we’ll be sleeping next to each other when you got back..”

“aish.. arasso… tell me first next time okay… and Yoseob, that’s my clothes.. return it when you’ve clean it! And you should get back home now.. your parent maybe worried about you.. you can borrow my clothes..”

“arasso hyung…” My brother take Yoseob to his room. I got up from bed and went to shower. After everything is finish, we eat, we chat, Yoseob decided to go back home.

“Thanks for everything Minjee..” He bowing at me and I bow back at him. He walks out the front door and waves at me. I smiled at him and suddenly he run back to me.

“can I get your number or something?”

“oh okay… give me your phone..” I pass my phone at him and wait for him to give me his.

“urmm.. the heavy rain last night broke my phone.. I cant open my phone so.. how about you write your phone number on a piece of paper?” I write my number on a piece of paper. He takes the paper and thank me. He bowed at me for the last time and left me. When I go back into my house, I suddenly remember something.

aish.. he forgot to give me his phone number.. I wonder when he’s gonna called me?’

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~THE END~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

26/10/11

Dont Forget To Comment :)

Story By : FOREVERSHAWTY

Please tell me if you need a sequel! I will consider to make it :)