chapter i.

Unidentified

The alarm goes off and I awaken. Not the kind of awakening where you would open your eyes and stare at your ceiling for minutes. But the one where you would listen to your alarm silently, and your eyes are still shut. I hear footsteps near me --like they were shuffling feet. Then I remember. Within a few minutes, a door slams open and my eyes burst.

"Sorry, gotta run to work. Here," he says. And a bundle of cash lands on the corner of his bed, a dollar flying off to the side. He does the buttons on his sapphire blue shirt and looks into the mirror, then at me, then at the mirror. The silence was deafening so I pick up the bills and count them, avoiding the awkwardness.

"You're short 20 dollars here." I say. Every dollar counts. My family can't afford to lose their business no matter how bad it is right now.

He looks at me and reaches over into his black tuxedo jacket from last night. His jacket was wrinkly due to what happened to last night, and what happened last night? Same thing that happens to every e.

With my quick reflexes, I catch the 20 dollar bill he darts at me. I thank him and stuff all the money into my bra. My bra was purple with black lace weaved through the fabric. My underwear, the same. I sit on this stranger's bed half and cold as chills grew up my spine.

"Aright, let me take you home since you were really good last night." He let out a chuckle. How disgusting.

"No, that's alright. I think I'd want some time alone, but thanks for the offer." I couldn't take his offer because I was so disappointed with myself, and riding in the same car as the person I just made money from with my body was gross.

"Suit yourself then." And with that, he's out the door. The door shuts and I lay in the same position I was in 5 minutes ago. The room was small, but bigger than mine. Its drapes fell from the window and touched the floor, but keep in mind that the windows weren't that far from the floor. The floors were wooden with brown and beige stripes and well polished. I was uncomfortable on this man's bed. It was worn out and the bed sheets smelled of strong alcohal.

This room was overwhelming me so I pushed myself out of it. My eyes scattered around the room, searching for my mini dress that he threw last night. That bastard. It was expensive.

Finally I find it and I throw it on. I take a few steps forward and stare into the same mirror he was looking at just a few moments ago. This part is always the hardest part of my mornings because I have to face myself and look at what a horrible person I am. My eyeliner was smeared to the right of my face and my lipstick was faded, but noticable. It was a blushed tint of pink. My eyebrows were out of shape and undefined.

I tie my hair into a high ponytail, grabbing every strand I can get a hold of. My hair was in luscious curls until that bastard messed it up, pfft. The worn out curls interfered with my ponytail, and so it ended up being a bun. I tug at it a few times making sure it was stable enough for me to walk outside without it coming out, since I had only one hair tie.

 

As I step outside, I hear cars pass by and people talking. It is an awfully gloomy day. My steps were short and slow, but only because the only shoes I had were heels. My heels were black pumps that tugged onto the back of my ankles. Imagine how many blisters I've gotten.

As usual, I hear wistles from the side of the roads and hollerings at me. I'd respond but I'm awfully tired.

"You really should cover that up." I hear a voice from behind me but as I turn to look back, a denim jacket lands on my shoulders. A scent of cologne washes over me and I finally face this myserious person. He was tall and was wearing a plain white v-neck, making his chest visible. His hair was a sandy blonde and his eyebrows were thick.

"I don't need your help." I took his jacket off and threw it at him, strutting away. I can hear him walking towards me with his black and white converses.

"No, just take it okay? I don't do this often, so feel special that I'm such a gentleman." His cockiness was a total turn off but I take the jacket to make him silent.

"My name's Kris." he says. And he walks forward and I never see him again.

Here I am. A e in the cold with a denim jacket over some y dress. I just want to go back home.

 

 

 

-

I guess this first chapter will do. Haha, I got excited when Kris decided to show up.

I love Kris. He's my baby. Let me know what y'all think. xoxoxoxo.