Obsession

Sooyoung-het Oneshots Collection (:

The whole cafeteria looked up in awe, as always, when the school’s ‘royal couple’ stepped in.

Shim Changmin was the ideal guy; tall, smart, athletic, and most importantly, drop-dead handsome. Not to mention he was the captain of the basketball team too.  It was not uncommon to see hordes of girls all swooning over him whenever he went.

Choi Sooyoung was no less sought after either. At a towering height of 170cm, she put some guys to shame. She was graceful, smart, polite, and most importantly, drop-dead gorgeous. As the president of the highly-admired dance society, it was not uncommon to see hordes of guys lusting over her long legs and body.

“Seriously, Minnie, stop trying to look so attractive to all the girls! I’ll feel threatened, you know,” Sooyoung .

“Oh yeah, then what about those guys whose eyes have been glued to those legs of yours since we stepped in?” Changmin retorted playfully. “You know I only have eyes for you, anyway,” he chuckled in an undertone.

She laughed back. They proceeded to the table where their friends Siwon, Sungmin, Hyoyeon and Yuri were at.

“Hey, you two, stop acting so lovey-dovey already! We are in a public place, for your information!” Hyoyeon teased. Sooyoung punched her playfully.

Just then, a guy whom she had never seen before tripped and fell onto their table face-on. He was dressed in a plain brown T-shirt and jeans, and seemed to be a part of the background. “I…I’m sorry!” he muttered, his head bowed down as low as he could go.

“What the heck?!” Changmin pulled him up roughly by his collar. “What do we have here? Oh right, the biggest nerd. Ever,” he said with malice. “Stop ogling at my girlfriend, you nerd,” he hissed to the poor guy, “or you’ll get it from me.”

Changmin picked up a saucer of tomato sauce lying on the table and smashed it right into the guy’s face. He was about to pick up something else when Siwon spoke up.

“Enough, Changmin,” Siwon said, calmly but forcefully. “Kyuhyun, leave. Just leave.”

Changmin looked like he was about to protest, but listened to Siwon nevertheless. “Why, Siwon? He was ogling at Sooyoung! You should have let me beat the living daylights out of him!”

“He didn’t do anything to her, Changmin. And anyway, he’s Sungmin’s and my roommate.”

“Yeah, Minnie, that was too much of you, really. I think he just tripped, that’s all,” Sooyoung intervened. Changmin conceded, “Oh well, if you say so, sweetie.”, before planting a light kiss on her cheek.

Everyone at their table sniggered. “Oh right, Sooyoung, we have to meet up some day to complete that math project. When are you free?” Siwon said.

“Hmm, I need to check out my schedule. How about I call you tonight to confirm with you?” Sooyoung replied. “Sure, no problem,” Siwon said.

**********************************************************************************

“Yeobosaeyo?” an unfamiliar voice answered when Sooyoung called Siwon’s dormitory later that night.

“Hi, who is this? I’m looking for Siwon, please,” Sooyoung said.

“I’m Cho Kyuhyun. He’s not here at the moment. I can pass on your message to him though.” Cho Kyuhyun. Wasn’t that the weird guy this morning? Sooyoung thought.

“Okay, could you help me tell him that I’ll be free to come by to do the math project on Thursday? Thanks!”

“Sure.” He hung up.

**********************************************************************************

It was Thursday. She rang the bell to Siwon’s dormitory. The door opened, and she saw the face of that weird guy, Cho Kyuhyun. “Come in, Siwon-hyung should be back shortly,” he said tonelessly. She stepped in warily, uncomfortable to be in Siwon’s dormitory without him. And alone with that weird guy Cho Kyuhyun.

“I’ll get you a glass of water,” he said in that same toneless voice.

Sooyoung began to walk around. Wow, Siwon-oppa’s dormitory is nice, she thought, surveying all the posh lamps and decorations around.

“Hey, which room is Siwon-oppa’s room?” she shouted to no one in particular, expecting that guy to answer.

No response. She continued towards one of the doors leading off from the living room. Pushing the door slightly ajar, she realized it was bathed in a warm orange light. Intrigued, she proceeded into the room.

She gasped out loud and drew in a huge breath. “What the…?!”

Hundreds of her own face were staring back at her. All the walls in the room were plastered with pictures of her; of her eating in the cafeteria, at her student council investiture, cheering at a school athletic event, even of her dozing off during lesson.

She moved closer to the wall in shock. Rows upon rows of photos of her lined the whole wall. There had to be at least a few hundred pictures of her in that room. All in full colour. All arranged neatly.

“Curiosity killed the cat, you know?” a soft tender voice came up suddenly right behind her.

She spun around; and came face-to-face with Cho Kyuhyun.

“You…” she stuttered. In one swift movement, he grabbed a length of rope hidden near a low table and tied her hands and legs together; shoving her onto the four-poster bed. Everything happened in a blur, and he was much too strong for her; Sooyoung could not resist.

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!” she shrieked, “LET ME GO!”

“Just stay still. Don’t struggle, you’ll hurt even more,” he said calmly, despite her repeated cries and shrieks.

“LET ME GO! I’LL SCREAM FOR HELP! HELPPP!”

“And stop screaming. There’s no one in the vicinity who will hear you. Everyone in this whole block is out for a soccer tournament. There’s only you and me here.”

“What about Siwon? Isn’t he coming back soon?” she said desperately.

“No, he won’t be coming back any time soon. I didn’t tell him you were coming today. He won’t know you’re here.”

She fell limp at his words, defeated. Now what should I do?! She composed herself, Okay, calm down, Choi Sooyoung, calm down and think.

“I…is this your room?” she mustered her courage to speak, trying to buy time while attempting to wriggle out of the tightly bound ropes.

“Yes, of course,” he replied, while gently touching one of the many photos of her on the wall. “You’re really beautiful, you know, Choi Sooyoung?” he muttered out loud to no one in particular.

What the hell is going on? What is with this guy? And…and all the pictures of me…

He swooped down on her. “I love you, Choi Sooyoung. I’ve loved you since I first saw you. Did you know that?”

She glanced at him in disbelief as he continued pacing slowly around the room. She was terrified. “No…of course you didn’t know that. You were always around that bighead Shim Changmin. And Siwon-hyung. Even Sungmin-hyung too. Not me. You never even spared me a glance. I could only look at you from afar. Did you know how painful it was?” he lifted up her chin tenderly. She felt a shiver down her spine.

“You’re crazy. You’re totally crazy,” she finally spoke. No…no, it couldn’t be…that passive, quiet guy, always alone in the cafeteria, in love with…me?

“No, I’m not…I really loved you, Sooyoung. I should have told you. We could have been so happy together, without that idiot Shim Changmin and Siwon-hyung and everyone else…” he trailed off.

She did not know what to say.

“Can I call you Soo?” he said suddenly. Without waiting for her reply, he continued, ”We should have been together, Soo. We can be together now.”

 An idea popped up in her mind. Yes, there is a way to get out! “Yes, we can, Kyuhyun,” it felt weird saying his name aloud for the first time, “we can be together, just release me first, okay? We can be together…” she said in as much a persuasive voice as she could.

“Really? You’ll be with me?” he said, staring straight into her eyes, as if X-raying her. She kept a straight face as much as she could, hoping he would fall for it.

“Y…yes, I will…” her voice shook slightly.

He said nothing, but reached behind her. She waited; waited for her hands to be unbound.

The moment never came. Instead, she glimpsed a flash of silver as he brandished a short knife from behind her. “I’m not going to hurt you,” he said.

“I’ve had enough of looking at you from afar, Soo. I love you. I need you. I can’t do without you. Now you’ll be by my side. You’ll be mine, we can be together, forever,” he said, grasping her hand tightly in his.

“We’re going to heaven, together,” he whispered into her ear.

She felt the sharp knife point grazing her neck, frozen. A sliver of pain. She realized then, that he never meant to let her go. From the point where she had stepped into the dormitory, everything had been set in stone.

Another of the knife, a stronger, harder one, and she could feel the blood trickling down her, forming a bright red patch on her white shirt. “Y…you’re wrong…t…this is not love, i…if you loved me, y…you wouldn’t…” she struggled to say.

She never finished her sentence. He ignored her words too; instead, he just embraced her long, slender body.

“I’m coming, Soo. Wait for me.”

With that, he plunged the blood-soaked knife one more time, right at his heart.

He fell to the floor slowly, still embracing her lifeless body; lying in a gradually larger pool of blood forming a heart shape  - the bleeding heart.

A/N: Erps sorry for the weird ending! D: I know I didn't write this very well but hope you guys like it :) Comments are greatly appreciated! :D