Chapter 1

You are for me, and I for you

“Hello , Yunho. I know I promise to drop by in the evening but work is piling up. Sorry, but I will try and come as soon as I finish. Go get some rest and don’t wait up for me okay. Bye.” Jaejoong’s table was full of folders over folders with stacks of papers and another folder on top of them. His fingers diligently typing on a laptop

“Hyung you’re still here? Didn’t you say you are meeting Yunho hyung today.” Junsu his colleague in the same department said. It surprises him how the former field agent was quick to adapt to desk work and how diligent he is at doing them. Junsu had been in the department for years and is very experienced at what he does, here comes along Jaejoong who never in his life trained for the job. He’s very quick at learning, by the end of the month he was doing work twice as fast as Junsu.

“Oh Su-ie , hyung just need to finish this stack first. We have more where this is coming tomorrow. Go home, I’ll close up the office after I’m finished.”Jaejoong replied smiling.

“Ok Jae – hyung. See you tomorrow. Say hi to your guy for me. Tell him we need a rematch at soccer.” Junsu said as he waved goodbye to the hardworking guy.

Jaejoong reached in front tall apartments, looking bewildered. Yunho had just moved in and this was his second visit, but was the first time coming alone. Since it’s already late he didn’t want to call the guy, he might have already fallen asleep. He searched for the building carefully till he arrive to one that looks familiar. He enters with caution as he tried to remember the exact floor and house number. He finally reach the unit number yunho had given to him the first time and proceed to look for the keys. That’s when he realized he had been such a klutz and had forgotten them in his other pants. Feeling sorry , he rang the door, hoping he didn’t bother the older guy too much.

Yunho had fallen asleep on the couch with a thin blanket wrap around his body. The doorbell sound had stirred him out of his sleep. He looked at the watch and it was already way past midnight, wondering who it might be, he walked in daze toward the door.

“Jaejoongie? I thought you couldn’t come. But I’m so glad you’re here. Come in.” Yunho pulled jaejoong inside.

“I woke you up didn’t I , sorry. Speaking of which did you sleep on the couch again. I told you not to wait for me.” Jaejoong said with a frown.

“I wasn’t waiting, I fell asleep watching hockey.”

“Such a bad liar. You hurt your back before remember. It’ll be so painful if you slept through morning. Look at the state of this house. You moved in days ago and there are still things in the box.” Jaejoong then proceed to unpack little decorations and start putting them up. He saw a picture frame of Yunho and his sister with their arms around each other’s shoulder. He smiles and put it on a shelf.

“You’re always nagging like my sister. Can’t you do that for me. I hate unpacking stuff. You’re much better at it than I am. “ Yunho who was sitting near the kitchen counter said smilling. He likes the way Jaejoong remind him and scold him about his back and also his house. He could feel the guy cared about him so much, and he cared about the young guy as well.

“I forgot how pretty Noona was. Always smiling , she does resemble you a lot Yunho-yah. Always so kind and selfless.” Jaejoong said as he stared at the photo. There was a tinge of regret and sadness at the sound of his voice.

“Jaejoongie….” Yunho was worried at the sudden change of mood.

“Ah I’m so hungry , but I’m so lazy to cook.” Jaejoong said suddenly as he flops himself on the sofa.

Yunho walks closer to jaejong and yanked him up.

“Go take a shower, I’ll cook some dinner for us. I haven’t eaten as well. I washed your clothes from last time visit, it’s in the wardrobe.” Yunho said warmly.

“Really? You never cook for me before. Ok I’ll go have a hot bath. Thank you Yunho.” Jaejoong walks towards the master bedroom but stop halfway. He moves his head sideways.

“You’re really kind and selfless too. I am really lucky to have met you.” With that he left into the other room.

 

Yunho was working really hard in the kitchen. Honestly he wasn’t as good of a cook as Jaejoong , but he had just learn this one recipe from the internet. It looks simple but posh at the same time. He heard the shower turned off. Jaejoong had just finished showering so he has to quickly plate it up for them to eat.

“Ahh, this is really refreshing. I feel like drinking beer.” Jaejoong opens the fridge as he search thoroughly for beer. Seeing the situation yunho dashed of somewhere. Moments later he ascended down the stairs with red wine bottle on one hand and white wine on the other.

“Jaejoong-ah, lets have wine today. You like the red one right?”

Jaejoong sits himself at the dining table as yunho carry over 2 plate of seafood spaghetti.

“Spaghetti? But you hate them yunho.”

“Well you love them don’t you. I don’t really hate them , I just don’t eat it that often. But with you here, I’ll eat them everyday.”

“That is too cheesy yunho. I might lose my appetite.”

“Haha, go on try them. Ahh I’m very nervous all of the sudden.”

“You even put cucumber in here. Hmm the spaghetti is cooked el dente which is good. But the vegetables are a bit overcooked. “ Jaejoong commented seriously. He then put a spoonful of spaghetti into his mouth as Yunho’s eyes waited eagerly.

“Waaa, This is so good Jung Yunho. You should open a restaurant!” Jaejoong exclaimed loudly.

“That’s a relieve. Let me taste. Oh gosh this is so good, I’m very talented.” Both of them laughed and talk through the night accompanied with glass after glass of wine.

 

 

A bomb has been planted onto a car and yunho was frantically running towards it.

“Jaejoong –ah! Get out from there! Jaejoong!!” Yunho reached the car as he proceed to pull the handle of the car door. At the same time, the bomb had detonated and yunho was sent backwards flying from the impact of the blast.

“Yunho-yah!!!” Jaejong found himself running towards the man who is lying still on the cold floor unmoving.

“Yunho wake up, Yunho come on wake up. Jung Yunho, you can’t leave me, Yah! I’m telling you to wake up. Yunho!”

Jaejoong open his eyes widely, sweat forming on his forehead. He mumbled Yunho’s name as he slowly realizes that it was just a dream. Too vivid for him though. He slowly got up as he realize yunho was no longer on the bed. There was a piece of paper at the nightstand.

 

“Jaejoongie. I had to go for a site visit for my upcoming project. You look so tired, Didn’t have the heart to wake you up. Have a nice day today Jaejoong. Love you.”

 

Jaejoong walks swiftly towards his bag and pulled out a bottle of blue pills and gulp 2 down with a glass of water.  Jaejoong walks the hallway of his workplace, still feeling out of it from his recent nightmare. He pulled out his handphone and dialled Yunho’s number.

“Yunho-yah, where are you.”

“Oh jaejoongie. Im in Gwangju.”

“Gwangju? Your new project is there?”

“Yeah , it’s nice to be back after so long.I Just finished visiting noona. ”

“Did you visit your parents too.”

“No I haven’t and honestly I don’t think I am. I’m still mad at them.”

“Yunho-yah. Don’t be like this. I don’t want you to be resentful towards them. Think about it, they are not totally wrong for behaving that way. It’s what rationally people do. I was the one…”

“Yah Kim Jaejoong. Are you going to keep behaving like this. I won’t kiss you for a month if you start saying unnecessary thing.”

“This childish guy. Yunho I’m hanging up now. Drive safely okay. I love you.”

“love you too babe.”

Jaejoong gaze painfully at the phone. He walks into a room with a lot of computer monitors and with one switch, all of them starts to work. It was all news that were showing. News that was dated a whole week after the incident happen. Jaejoong closed his eyes as his head starts to throb painfully.

 

The street of gwang-do was busy, making it hard for jaejoong to keep tract of the bad guys and his charge. The girl was supposed to take a hard drive from an old Chinese restaurant. She looked scared and unoriented. All of a sudden there was a car crash. People starts to fill up the street and with a blink of an eye, Jaejoong lost tract of the girl. He frantically pushed through the crowd as he calls out her name, and not long after that, he found a silhouette on the cold hard floor with red substance pooling around her.

“yoo Jin –shi! Hold on, the medical team is coming. Yoo Jin –shi!”

“T-take this. Please p-protect… my…..”The girl couldn’t finish her sentence as she falters in his arm. Jaejoong shouted frantically as he rocked the girl back and forth.

“No! Please open your eyes. Noona!!”

Jaejoong was back in the headquarters. He sat on the bench unmoving. There were blood stains on his right cheek and his hands, But he didn’t even bother to clean it up. He was too stunned and froze on the bench as tears forming in his eyes. Suddenly, he realised someone was offering him a handkerchief. He looks up and saw Yunho holding a grey handkerchief on one had with a soft smile.

 

Jaejoong opened his eyes, reverting back to reality. On his hand was a file marked unsolved in red, it was a bit crumpled as jaejoong was holding it too tightly during his flashbacks. He switched the monitors off as he head to his old department, the Internal Affairs Crime Unit.