1/1

Choco

Why do I always end up taking out the trash? Chorong thought to herself as she carried the heavy trash bags behind their apartment building. Bomi had the job this week but she was still in class and wouldn’t be back in time for the weekly pick up. Bomi asked Eunji to do the task for her, but Eunji was still at the grocery store.

So here Chorong is taking the trash out for the third time in a row. “Maybe I should just be the trash girl” she mumbled to herself as she approach the large trash bin tossing the bags inside. The was a noise from inside the bin that made her jump. 

“I hate taking out the trash,” 

Moving to get back inside and to the drama she was currently watching she stopped in her tracks seeing a small dog in her path.

“Hi there,” she said said moving closer to the dog with caution “Are you lost?”

The pup stared back at her whimpering, awe it’s so cute, Chorong thought kneeling down to pet the dog. “Where’s your owner? Is it a student at the university? Cause we aren’t allowed pets in our building so you can’t belong here.”

Chorong stopped and looked around feeling embarrassed. Here she was having a full conversation with a dog when it can’t answer. The dog seemed to trust her though, enjoying the feeling of Chorong rubbing its head.

“Oh you have a tag,” observing the tag on the pink collar around the dogs neck. ‘I belong to Son Naeun’ on the front and had further contact info on the back.

“I think you should come inside with me so we can contact your owner, I’m sure they’re missing you, right?” The pup nodded as if understanding and allowed Chorong to pick her up and carry her inside

 

-x-

 

Naeun ran down the street looking from her phone to the different house numbers, her Choco was somewhere near.

Reaching the apartment building ‘242′ she saw Choco in the arms of the rescuer and felt tears come to her eyes. “Oh my gosh Choco I’m so sorry!!”

The dogs ears perked up at her name and turned her head to see her owner and moved to get from Chorong’s arms. Chorong smiled glad to set down the dog so she could run and have a movie moment with her owner.

Chorong stood back watching the reunion, Naeun too distracted with showering Choco with kisses. “My roommates came back and saw her and wanted to keep her.” She laughed to herself as Naeun started to acknowledge her presence. “She’s so well behaved and didn’t made a ruckus, so you raised her well.”

“Oh, thanks so, so, so much I don’t know what I would do if something happened to her.” Naeun said standing and cradling Choco in her arms. She smiled at the other girl in gratitude.

“It’s no problem, I’m Chorong by the way”

“Oh I’m Naeun, you go to the university?”

“Yea I do,” Chorong pushed her hair behind her hair and let her hand run through until the ends, which she stopped to fiddle with.

“Well I’m sure Ill see you around, on campus, or if I take Choco for a walk.”

“Yea I’m sure, I would love to see Choco again,” Naeun smiled giving Choco another kiss and began backing up towards the sidwalk.

“Thank you again,” She said casting one last thankful look, and proceeding back towards her own apartment.