Final

Unbreakable Ice in You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A sigh left my lips as I leaned my head on the head rest with my eyes closed. I opened my eyes again as I took a sip of coffee and glanced at the clock.

11:54 p.m.

He was late and it didn't surprise me for he had always being late to come home. "Business meetings"  that's what he always said. He had been giving the same excuse for one year. But I made up an answer for him: "I don't want to come home."  Who would want to come home when you're married to someone you just met on the day before the wedding? Probably no one. And here we were, forced into a arranged marriage just for the sake of our parent's company. And most people would've already been close with each other after a few days of marriage but its been 1 year for us and the only words we said only consisted of 10 words. I can see a very happy married life. Happily never after.

The door opened and he came inside with his tuxedo jacket in his arm.

"You're late." "Does that matter?"

I sighed and got up and took his jacket and walked upstairs to my room- Our Room. He followed and once he got inside, he just sat on the end of the bed and placed his suitcase on the chair beside. He took off his socks and losened his necktie. He laid down on the bed and closed his eyes.

"I'm tired." "What about dinner?" "I already ate.Leave me alone now."

I sighed again. I turned the lamp shade on and closed the lights. I laid down on the bed and slipped under the blanket but made sure that there was a distance between us and we always faced our back to each other.

 

 

Today was his day off and he was still asleep. I washed my hands and wiped it off with the hand towel and proceeded to take off my apron. I went upstairs and knocked softly on the door. It was 9:45 a.m. He should be awake by now shouldn't he? I went inside and there he was. Rolled up in his blanket with his eyes closed. Still asleep."Taekwoon-sshi?"  I shook his shoulder and a small groan was heard from him.

"Yah! Jung Taekwoon!" I shouted softly as I shook his shoulder harder.

"What?!" He sat up and looked at me angrily.

"Not a very nice way to start the day with." I snapped.

"You think it's a nice day to start the day off by seeing you?"

Ouch.That hurts Jung Taekwoon.

"Enough of this and go get changed already." I got up and slammed the door as I went out.

"UGH!!!!!" He messed his even-messier hair and stomped into the bathroom.

He came downstairs and went to the dining table and we sat face to face even though we never looked at each other.Not even once. We just ate quietly and nothing could be heard except the clock ticking and our chopsticks.He placed his chopstick down.

"Our company has a party today and you need to come as my 'Wife'  so get ready." he pulled back his chair as he stood up and went upstairs.

I nodded as I continued eating. After I was done eating, I cleaned the house and looked up at the clock . 3:30 p.m. Only a couple of hourse before the party started. I went up to our room and expected him to be typing out his report but he wasn't inside. I  stepped inisde and heard the shower water runnning. A smile curved on my lips when I heard his singing voice.It was soft and totally different from his cold voice. I had caught him singing for a couple of times .Especiallly when he was showering or when he was alone in his room.  Ugh! Park Keumri snap out of it! I shook my head and quickly arranged the bed. I sat on it and slowly hugged his pillow and sniffed in his scent. A strong mint smell. I smiled and sniffed in a little more.

The bathroom door opened and I quickly stood up and placed the pillow back. Oh God.I'm dead. He was standing with his wet hair dripping droplets on his own body while some flowed down his broad chest...to its chiseled abs and soaked into the towel that covered his lower body. I blushed instantly and covered my cheeks with my hair not wanting to be obvious by covering my cheeks with my hands.

"Get my clothes."

That ruined my happiness. Why couldn't he say those words with the voice he sang? I scoffed and handed him his clothes.

"Now get out."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter