The Hangout

The Favor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jin and Ga-yoon have talked to each other for almost a month and a half now. He's really enjoyed the common interests that they've shared, alongside with the laughs. The feeling is mutual with Ga-yoon, too. He's had constant doubts about asking Ga-yoon to hang out so that she wouldn't have the wrong idea of what he's trying to do, which is to become close friends, but he decided to ignore his doubts and go for it. Unfortunately, it was an A-Day so he wouldn't be able to ask her until lunch arrived. They never really hung out during lunch because Jin would always go home shortly after half day was over. He decided to text Ga-yoon and ask her what she would like for lunch, and where she sat during lunch.

11:43 AM - Good morning, Ga-yoon! Would you mind me bringing you lunch today?

In all honesty, he was very nervous as to what response she would give him. He was in math, so he focused on doing work until his phone vibrated. Math was his favorite subject, so he had no problem doing a lot of work because it made time go by quickly. After a while, he felt his phone vibrate. 

12:07 PM - Are you sure? Seems like a hassle, don't you think?

12:09 PM - Of course it's not a hassle! Do you have any idea what you would like?

12:10 PM - McDonald's would be alright. Can you get me chicken nuggets and some fries?

12:12 PM - Sure! Anything to drink?

12:13 PM - I have water. It's all good. :)

12:14 PM - Alright! I'll meet you....?

12:15 PM - By the bookstore. I sit by there.

Jin sighed with relief and waited until 12:35 arrived. He would stop by the food court at the mall right by the school and get her what she wanted. He finished up his classwork, turned it in, and talked to a couple of people in there until the sound of the bell was audible to everyone's ears. He stood up, and did what he had planned.

Walking back to the school after signing out was awkward for him, but he shrugged and walked by the bookstore and say Ga-yoon sitting by herself reading a book. He walked up to her, and opened his bag, placing a bag from McDonald's on the table. "Good afternoon, Ga-yoon," he said with a slight grin. She looked up and waved happily, opening the bag full of food.

"Thank you so much, Jin. This was really thoughtful of you."

"It was no problem. How come you're all by yourself?"

"I don't really have friends that have 2nd lunch. Lucky me, right?" She said with a slight giggle.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter