Chapter 5

When I Leave You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I will try and live with freedom without opposing any principles." - Kim Heechul

"Sora?" he asked tentatively, "What color was The Mark?"

"Silver, why?" Sora explained.

Trembling and steadying himself on the nearby coffee table, Yesung hissed,

"...Sora...Eunhyuk's memories never got erased."

Sora gave Yesung a pointed look and dragged him into one of the empty rooms of her house, closing the door behind them so Eunhyuk won't be able to hear their conversation.

"Right. Because I totally don't exist in his memories," she retorted as soon as the door shut.

Sighing, Yesung scratched his head as he wondered how he would be able to explain everything to Sora.

"That's not what I meant, Sora. Eunhyuk...he...unlocked himself. Yep. That's what he did." Yesung nodded while he spoke, as if everything was suddenly clear to him.

Thinking that Yesung had a loose screw in his brain somewhere, Sora asked skeptically, "Unlocked himself?"

Yesung nodded.

"You don't expect me to believe that Hyukjae has a bipolar personality and that one day at Memory Factory, someone mysteriously used the machine on him, causing silver Marks to appear in his irises, and made him suddenly realize that he had been living with another personality in his head his entire life, only to discover it that day?!" Sora exclaimed sarcastically.

"Well, technically, he doesn't have a bipolar personality." Yesung stated.

"You're kidding."

"Nope."

"I have never seen Hyukjae have another personality before. Ever." Sora replied matter-of-factly.

Yesung winced and thought about his next words very carefully.

"The Eunhyuk personality thing was...a protective seal...made by his friends to...protect him..." Yesung hesitately mumbled.

Sora stared at Yesung with shock written all over her face.

"His friends?! HIS FRIENDS?! Made a personality to keep him safe?! What type of friend does that?!" Sora screamed at Yesung.

Glancing back at the door in fear of Eunhyuk overhearing their meeting, Yesung answered, "You know, we didn't want to do it either. Cut us some slack. It was literally a last minute decision."

"Us? Jongwoon, you participated in that?" Sora inquired dangerously.

Yesung got the feeling that he had somehow dug his own grave even deeper.

"Yeah..." he spoke, letting out a breath of air.

"This explanation better be good, Jongwoon. It'd better be good," Sora threatened.

Eunhyuk removed his head from the door and backed away until he could no longer hear the voices.

Truth was, he had never paid any attention to the cartoons on the TV.

All of his focus had been on Sora ever since he woke up.

From the moment he opened his eyes to the moment he saw the girl, he'd known that something was off.

Too afraid to say anything to the stranger in front of him who acted like she knew him, Eunhyuk had pulled off his grumpy act perfectly.

A little to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter