For the love of cookies!

Just a bite, please?

 

 

Kikwang knew that smell.

 

The sweet smell wafted out to the hallway of their condominium. Unable to resist, he drew the aroma deeply into his nose. His eyes closed in ecstasy. A small smile appeared on his face as he exhaled. Opening his eyes, he made haste for the front door.

 

The smell was even stronger when he opened the door. He took off his shoes in the hallway, a rule he couldn't dismiss even for sweets, and all but ran to the kitchen. There was no one there when he stepped through the doorway, but he saw his desired treats. On a metal rack on the counter sat a few dozen chocolate chip cookies, fresh from the oven. Kikwang his lips as he stepped up to them. The chocolate was still shiny, so they were very, very fresh. Reaching one hand out to grab one of the morsels, Kikwang could taste —

 

Smack!

 

Kikwang recoiled his hand in shock. He saw a wooden spatula where his hand had been. Following the length of the spoon, up a slender arm and shoulder, and a slender neck as well, he saw Hyosung's face. Her eyebrow was arched at him, daring him to defy her. Giving his best puppy dog eyes, he pointed at the cookies.

 

"No," she said sternly. "I baked those strictly for tomorrow’s picnic party."

 

"Just one?" Kikwang pleaded.

 

"Nothing is "just one" when it comes to you and chocolate chip cookies. You'll finish them all in no time. No."

 

Shoulders slouched, Kikwang dragged himself out of the kitchen and up to the bathroom to shower after his long schedule. He no longer live a life as an idol, it was over years ago. He's now working behind the scenes, or to be specific, as the CEO of Cube Entertainment. As he scrubbed himself down, he thought of ways he could get to the cookies without Hyosung's notice. Using Yerin was out of the question. She had gone to snitching on him, the traitor. It’s a good thing she’s his little sunshine or else. He could always wait until Hyosung left the house to go to her daily yoga session. No, tonight was one of her night's off. Then how?

 

And then the light bulb went on. He smiled widely to himself as he finished rinsing himself off. Humming a little tune, he dried off and went to his room to put on new clothes.

 

Later that evening, Yerin sat at the living room doing her colouring and Hyosung was in the kitchen washing the dishes. Kikwang sauntered down the stairs, more swagger to his step than usual. He leaned on the doorframe of the kitchen. After waiting a few moments with Hyosung not noticing him, he cleared his throat. Hyosung's glance turned into a double take. Her hands paused in their action of scrubbing a pan as she stared at him. Her eyes wandered away from his face to take in his white, button-up shirt (that was left ed) and black slacks. Hyosung's eyes snapped back up to his face in confusion. Hyosung sauntered forward and she backed away from him, hands dripping with warm water and bubbles. Her back hit the counter behind her and Kikwang trapped her by placing his hands on either side of her. He leaned in close to her face, his bare chest almost touching hers. He could see the blush form on her cheeks and heard her breathing catch. His lips were almost touching hers…almost…

 

Kikwang pulled away instantly and stuffed a chocolate chip cookie in his mouth. He did a rather good impression of a chipmunk before he booked it out of the kitchen as fast as he could. It took a moment or two, but it was not long at all before he heard, "Mr Lee Gikwang! Get back here right now!" He didn't even look back as he make a dash to the living room with Hyosung hot on his trail, and he hid behind Yerin.

 

“Yerin-ah, help Appa! Your Omma is going to beat Appa up again. You love Appa right? Tell Omma to not do it. Please?” He lifted a now giggling Yerin in his arms and pouted.

 

“Omma, it is only one cookie. You know how appa love your delicious cookies. Please forgive him, for me?” Yerin played along with her father, as she always did.

 

“Yerin-ah, because of you Omma will forgive Appa. Tell Appa if he do it again, I will not hesitate to knock him with this spatula next time. All right?” Hyosung chuckled and made her way back to the kitchen.

 

“Yerin-ah, my life saviour. What will Appa do without you?” Kikwang rained his seven years old daughter’s face with kisses, who was squealing and squirming in his arms. “I’ll buy you some chocolates tomorrow, okay? I need to make amend to your Omma now, or else I’ll be sleeping on the couch tonight. Honey!

 

And that was one of the typical household event that happened inside the Lee resident every single night, or should it be everyday?

 

 

 


 

 

 

Author's note:

 

Hope that makes you smile from ear to ear, my lovely readers! :D

And to the new ones, this is my third fic. *throws confetti. I'm a Kikwang + Hyosung shipper, so I'll be only writing on them for now.

Here are the other two, hope you'll like it!

   

 

Yes, both are depressing story. It's my muse for now, hope you'll bear with it. Hehe.