Origination

Assent your Voice

Inclination
He cracked his knuckles and pressed his own shoulders backwards. With a loud groan he stretched his arms and slowly moved back in his sitting possition. His straightened back pressed against the back of the chair, while his fingers loosely relaxed on the keyboard of his laptop. With deep concentration his eyes started to scan the screen, soon followed by the arrow on the screen. He deleted half of his page and he started to write once again. His fingers automatically following where his brain was going to. "Her hands were turned into fists and slammed angrily against her own hips. She couldn't believe her eyes, that guy, her guy, the guy who cheated on her, was standing in front of her. With this huge and stupid grin plastered on his face, as if she was stupid and didn't had any idea. "Come on babe. You can't ignore me." He said, his breath mixed with the smell of alcohol and a lot of nicotine around him. "No!" she stated. She just felt like hitting him straight in the face with a fist, he was drunk anyway, she could win that from him." A loud scream filled Wu Yifan his ears and he broke out of his trance and he sighed as soon as he heard the sounds of howling guitars and the blaring ruffles from a drum. When he could clearly hear, or at least as far as possible when someone is grunting, the vocalist of that rock group he got up from his chair. He eyed his story for a moment before a frown formed on his forehead and he walked to his door. When he swung his own door open, he was welcomed by even louder music then he already could hear and he groaned, not being able to hear his own voice. A smile formed on his stern face and he walked towards the kitchen, where the music was coming from. He eyed his roommate who apparently was cooking and in the meantime moving along with the music. Wu Yifan took the newspaper in his hands and rolled it, first hitting with it against his own hand and he looked over his roommate his shoulder to be sure that he wasn't busy with a knife and without any further notice, he smacked his roommate against the head. Hard. He could hear the other scream out of protest, with a faint whine of pain. His hand reached to the radio and he turned it off with pressing the button and he left the kitchen, ignoring his roommate who was whining about getting hot water against himself, his roommate deserved it. Annoyed he walked to the couch, plopped down on it and took the remote control, switching on the tv. He placed his feet on the table, his legs crossed over each other as he relaxed and leaned backwards with his head against the cushion of the couch and he closed his eyes, listening to the news. "Move!" His roommate yelled, making Wu Yifan get startled and a kick against his legs, so his feet fell painfully on the floor, woke him from his slumber. He shot a glare to his roommate, only to see that his roommate actually offered him a bowl with food. "Eat." Wu Yifan silently took the bowl and stared at it. "I didn't poision it." Said his roommate annoyed and Wu Yifan followed the other with his eyes as the other sat down on a chair and they ate their food, the silence only broken by the newsman who predicted the weather forecast.

Softly cleared Wu Yifan his throat as he looked his publisher right in the eyes. The man had angrily tossed the few papers, which once were the first three chapters of Wu Yifan his new book, all across the room and then he sat down, his fingers intertwined and his chin leaning on his hands. In silence they kept staring to each other and Wu Yifan started to feel uncomfortable, but he didn't want to give in. He didn't want to give the man the satisfaction of winning, not even a little. "So tell me. Wu Yifan. What where you thinking?" Wu Yifan felt like as if he got shot right through the head. That was the problem, he wasn't thinking at all while he was writing. His roommate kept interrupting him on a daily base and he knew that his work was . No, even worse, people even shouldn't whipe their asses with his work, that terrible was it. "Nothing." The publisher said, voicing out Wu Yifan his thoughts. "Start all over. I want something totally different. Something which shouts. SURPRISE ME!" the publisher yelled, slamming a fist on the table, the gesture making Wu Yifan hit his kneww out of surprise and he sighed. Why did people make it their hobby to get him startled or even scared so much often? The publisher reached out with his hand to grab his coffee, but missed and knocked it over. He eyed Wu Yifan as if he blamed the younger man and Wu Yifan quickly got up, bowing. "I expect your new work in a week Kris." Said the publisher, spitting out Kris as if the name burned his tongue and spreaded filth all over his tongue and Wu Yifan nodded. "Yes sir." Only a faint sound could be heard and the publisher looked mockingly at Kris. "I didn't hear you." Kris cleared his throat, the tip of his tongue automatically wetting his lips, before he spoke again. A slight bit louder, more clear, but also with a lot more effort. "Yes sir." He said and his heels, quickly leaving the office while the secretary of the publisher passed him, a fresh cup of coffee already in her hands as she tiptoed towards the office, a flirty wink towards Kris his direction and the both of them continued their paths. Kris rubbed his neck when he got outside and looked around, deciding to visit a small café on the corner of the streets. His hands stuffed his pockets as he shivered due to the cold wind. His lips formed a thin line on his once again stern face and he entered the café. Not even caring to look around he walked to his usual spot and he sat down. He came there on a daily base, so he knew that he didn't had to order anyway. Snow slowly started to cover the windows in a thin layer and Kris shivered. He didn't like the cold, he hated the winter in general. "Don't frown like that. It makes you look ugly." Kris got startled by the familair voice and he eyed his roommate, before looking down to the cup with a black coffee which was set in front of him. "Don't worry I didn't do anything to it. Blow. It's hot." Said the roommate and Kris eyed him, earning a wink. Seriously, why does everyone have to wink at me today? he wondered and sighed, his hands curling around the cup of coffee as he welcomed the warmth coming off from it. He listened to the chatters around him from businessmen around him, the whispers of the couples which looked for warmth in each others arms and he couldn't help it, but a sudden feeling of loneliness crept over him. As if someone just showerd him with a bucked of ice. He eyed his coffee, suddenly disliking the idea of having to drink the bitter comsumption and he looked up. Doubting if he should get some sugar or milk to make it less sweet. Slowly he raised his cup and blew the heat off it, before carefully sipping it. He didn't want to burn his tongue after all. His nose cringed a little and he pressed his lips together, automatically placing the cup down again. Hard. A loud laughter filled the café and he could see his roommate eying him from the counter and he was holding a little cylinder between two of his fingers while playfully moving it. "Is that to sweeten the coffee...?" Whispered Kris to himself, looking down once again to his coffee. The sweetness had him surprised, but he didn't like it. He made a shooting gesture to his roommate, earning another loud laugh, as he got up and left the café. Once outside he folded his collar a bit upwards to protect his neck against the snow and the cold wind as he started his silent walk all the way home.
 

Elucidation
OH COME ON! screamed Kris his voice inside his head and he got up from his seat. As usual his roommate decided to turn something very loud. This time he had broken the silence by switching on a chainsaw. And there was no way that Kris could work peacefully while that terrorist of a roommate worked around with a monster of a machine like that. Kris groaned as he left his room and decided to look for his roommate. Their house wasn't that big, but big enough for them to live seperately. They both had their own bedrooms which were quite big. A king-size bed was placed in Kris his room. Even though he didn't use it that much, he wanted to be able to sleep perfectly if he slept in it instead of in his deskchair. A bookcase filled a wall almost completely, from top to bottom every gap filled by a book, and a desk filling the last part of the wall. His desk was messy, there was no spot left on it, between all his own-written books, pens, pencils, even notes, laptop, and lots of cups which once had fresh coffee in it instead of a old layer of whatever-was-left-of-it. He was happy that he didn't need more in his room, since he had a room next to his which actually got turned into his walk-in closet. Inside or outside the house didn't matter to him, he went everywhere in style. Even his casual clothes were stylish, since he liked to keep an eye on his fashion. He owned at least 50 pairs of shoes which he as well had stuffed in the walk-in closet. Once he left his room his eyes scanned the cozy living room. Since he rarely bothered to go out of his own room, he saw that most of the living room were designed by his roommate. A luxurious couge was set in it, two luxuous and big chairs next to it, a glass table, a flat-screen tv and more stuff. Everything yelled that his roommate had a taste for luxuriant and expensive things. Even though that those things filled most of the livingroom, his roommate also seemed to have been able to stuff some long plants in a few corners. A closet against a wall got filled with a few photo's, small figurines and more stuff. Kris walked to the table and looked down on the playboy magazines which were casually dropped on it and a chuckle escaped his mouth. His roommate apparently liked to clean a lot, since he couldn't see any spark of dust nor any appearance of dirt on the table. He took all the magazines together, made a neat pile of it and placed it back wile he eyed the kitchen. Even the kitchen had the most luxurious stuff in it, just the same as a chef in a restaurant would use, hell, even their refrigerator and freezer were way to big for his liking. A big table with 6 chairs around it was placed between the kitchen and the livingroom, to make it look like as if it were totally different rooms even though there wasn't a wall which seperated the two rooms. Kris shook his head and walked to the backdoor, crossing his arms, he stood in the opening of the doorway and pressed his lips together. Judgingly he looked at his roommate. As if his roommate could feel the eyes in the back, he suddenly switched off the chainsaw and slowly he turned to look Kris in the eyes. A smile crossed his face, his white teeth showing and Kris raised a eyebrow as he watched his roommate walk at him and with only one step between them they stared at each other. Kris looked his roommate daring in the eyes, not liking the other man infiltrading his personal space. Kris reached out with his hand and smacked the other against the backside of the head. His roommate bursted out in laughter and winked at him. "I waited for you to do that." Kris realized that the other had a playful tone in his voice. Kris felt his eye twitch a little in discomfort and he quickly turned around on his heels and quickly left the doorway, to his room and he searched for the safety behind his desk. He hated it when people could predict what he would do, even when he made a habit out of it.

Day's passed by, the same routine. Kris would be working on his story, he would be interrupted by Tao his loud sounds. Either it would be when Tao played music in the kitchen or just loudly made noise while cooking, or when Tao was watching tv. Even when he practiced rapping, it sounded like as if he was screaming next to Kris his door instead of on the other side of the house. Every time Kris would wait patiently untill the noise volumed down, but it seemed to him, that it never would unless if he would stop it. By turning off the radio or the tv, once even by cutting the phone wire when Tao was loudly calling someone. And he would always make sure to abuse Tao. Either by slapping him against the head with his hand, or by hitting him with a pillow, a newspaper, it could be anything as long as it would be in his reach and it couldn't hurt Tao. But he also knew, that even when he would abuse the other, the other would look at him with a playful spark in his eyes, a huge grin plastered on his face and when Kris would walk away, Tao's bright laughter would follow him.
Kris his finger tapped the side of his laptop several times and then a idea popped up in his mind. He decided to write a complete new story. Excited he trew all the notes of his story so far in and aside the trashcan and he deleted all files on his laptop. With a simple pen and a notebook he left his room to sit in the livingroom and he started to write. Our eyes met. My dark eyes swallowed by his. Usually I would feel cold, but even with the snow outside, the spark in his darker eyes would make me feel warm, alive. I just moved here and I felt like as if I was infiltrading his private space, his house, even though we have to pay the rent to the houseboss. "Quickly I turned to grab my suitcase and without any warning I smacked him against the head with my free hand, I am definitely older and he was standing to close I don't like it when people infiltrate my personal space, because it's impolite to stare like that without a word. His laughter followed me as I followed the boss of the house who guided me to my room. He told me that I was allowed to change everything in my room if I liked that. But I was also allowed to change everything in the livingroom and kitchen if I felt like it, as long as my roommate agreed on it." Kris looked up from his writing paper and blinked. The boss of the house had never introduced them to each other, neither did they introduce themselves to each other. Their only way of interacting would be when Kris would smack Tao, or when Tao talked to him. "Say ah." Tao broke Kris his trance and Kris looked at him, silence, blinking. Tao rolled his eyes and showed Kris a chocolate. "I bought a bunch of chocolates. I don't like chocolates. So I thought, maybe you like them." Said Tao, not even a little impressed and pressed the chocolate softly against Kris his lips. "Eat." Obediently opened Kris his mouth and Tao carefully pushed the chocolate inside Kris his mouth and then moved away. "Just kidding. I just totally hate chocolates with liquor in it. I just wanted to know if you trusted me." Kris bit on the chocolate, not believing Tao even a little bit and he quickly spat out the chocolate in his hand and looked at is with a disgusted face. He himself didn't like liquor either. Not in a glass, not in a chocolate, nowhere. Kris shook his head and walked to the kitchen, eyeing Tao and he smiled. It wouldn't hurt to pay him back right? He slowly walked to Tao, grinning, since Tao seemed busy to get everything ready for dinner. Kris stepped next to him and eyed the other. Tao grinned widely while looking at Kris. Kris cleared his throat softly and smaked Tao against the back of his head, with the chocolate in it. Fierce he ruffled Tao his hair so the chocolate would be spreaded all over it and he quickly ran away. Tao yelled out in disbelieve. He didn't believe that Kris actually rubbed chocolate in his hair. "MY HAIR!" He yelled out loud and faked a sob before he grabbed the mayonaise and he ran after Kris. "YOU ARE GOING TO REGRET THIS!" The older one smirked and gasped when he saw Tao. He didn't know where to run to, so he decided to run towards the bathroom. Tao, who could predict him doing so and who was more athletic then Kris, ran after him and managed to grab the other from the back around his waist. Kris, the clumsy person he was, tripped over his own feet and fell flat face on the floor, with Tao on top of him. Tao leaned forward, his lips softly caressing the side of Kris his hear. "I am Tao. You are Kris who can't speak. I'll teach you to speak." He said before he poured a big amount of mayonaise on Kris his head, quickly jumped off the other and ran to the bathroom, locking the door behind him. Kris looked in disbelieve to the closed door, forgetting about the mayonaise on the back of his head. "He knows?" He mumbled in himself and he quickly got up, groaning when he touched his hair. "My hair."
 

Apprehension
Tao had woken him up rougly, the music blasting from the surround sound in the livingroom, a bucket of water tossed over his body, but, he had been nice enough to give him some coffee. He sighed loudly, while drying himself with a towel and he eyed the cup of black coffee on the nightstand. Tao sure was unique, one of a kind, and somewhere his heart fluttered a little and he smiled. He finished getting dressed, wearing plain white trousers and a white t-shirt, followed by a black jacket, and he gulped his by now almost cold coffee, down in one go and went to the bathroom to brush his teeth, style his hair and to even apply some skin products on his face. Impressed by his own reflection he left the bathroon and walked towards the livingroom, stopping when he saw Tao dance on the beat of the music. He swallowed his salvia as he eyed Tao, in his ripped jeans and tight black tanktop. He stared with his lips partly opened at the younger man and furiously shook his head as if he awakened after being hypnotised. Quickly he strode towards the surround sound and clicked it off with one button, grabbing a pillow and tossed it to Tao, looking at him with a firm look on his face. Tao turned when he noticed that the music was turned off and he catched the pillow right in time, grinning widely to the blonde man. "Well good that you are up! I got distracted didn't I?" He flashed a bright smile to Kris, tossed the pillow aside on the couch and took Kris his hand in his. "Sorry if I made you wait to long. Let's go." Kris wanted to go against him, tell him he didn't wait long, or especially that he didn't mind waiting for him, but he swallowed his silent words down and nodded, hesistantly following Tao. After all, he didn't knew if he could trust him on this or not. Tao flashed him a bright smile once again and Kris felt like as if that smile took all his worries away from him. "Trust me Kris. This will be fine. It's not as when I gave you the chocolate. No weird surprises. You'll see. It will be fun." Kris slowly nodded and Tao released his hand in the hallway, both putting on their shoes and Tao took a black jacket in his arms and took his key's, opening the door and smiled at Kris. "Let's go." He firmly stepped outside, walking to his car and Kris followed him, feeling like a little puppy, impressed by the other his behavior.

After they drove what felt like eternity for Kris, it actually was just a few hours, but he had fallen asleep to his own shame and he blinked a few times in silence. They were at the airport. Stunned, shocked, he hit Tao hard against his shoulder and held his arm tight, looking with big eyes to the entrance. Tao chuckled softly, reassuringly patted Kris his head and peeled his arm out of the other his grip. "Yes Kris. We are going to fly." He said happily and stepped out of the car, quickly opening the trunk and Kris followed him, looking at him in confusion. Tao took the backpack out of the trunk, holding it up to show it to Kris. Passports, keys, money, phones, all important stuff we needed to bring are in here. As for other things we will need, we will buy those right on the spot, depending on where we are." He said and Kris nodded, staring at him with open mouth and Tao took his hand tightly in his, pulling him along while walking away with firm steps and Kris hurriedly followed him. It didn't took them long to get into their plane actually, since Tao had planned it all out, even had bought their plane tickets and everything else, and Kris looked out of the window, his face pale and his eyes wide in shock. "Did you ever flew?" And Kris shook his head, frozen on his seat and he couldn't move, blinking when he suddenly felt a hand on his knee and he looked down at it, seeing Tao's hand on his knee he raised a eyebrow and stared at Tao. "Don't worry Kris. Everything is going to be alright." Kris nodded in silence, placing his hand on Tao's and looked out of the window again, somehow feeling safe, just thanks to the hand on his knee.