Chapter 2

April Fools
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2

Date: 09.September.2015          Characters: 4659        Words:1019

 

Sighting Miyoung gathered up her books and tossed her empty juice can into the trash by the door. Every time she tried to eat lately, she felt queasy. Better to go on to the gym and grab something afterwards that she could munch between classes.

She checked he watch and began hurrying across campus when suddenly the intercom crackled to live, bellowing its message through the entire school.

"Kim Miyoung - please report to the office immediately - Kim Miyoung - to the office-"

It was as if someone punched her.

Freezing in midstride, Miyoung grabbed her stomach and fought off the wave of nausea. They know! They know we killed that person in the car! Her mind raced in a million directions, but as she took a deep breath a frail thread of calm fought for control.

How could they know? Just go to the office and see what they want. Act normal. They couldn't possibly know...

She wondered if Jiyeon and Chanyeol had heard the intercom and what they were thinking.

Stopping at the main desk, she leant forward, so cottony that she couldn't talk. The secretary gave her a smile and motioned her toward the principal's door.

"Go in Miyoung, Mr. Byun is waiting for you."

Opening the door, Mr. Byun was nodding at her from his oversized desk and waving her into a chair while he hastily finished a conversation on the phone.

Someone else was in the room, too- a tall severed-looking woman in the chair beside Miyoung's. She was dressed in black - suit, shoes, even her hat - the veil of the hat had been lifted slightly, to reveal cold eyes. She looked about fortyish, Miyoung thought, but there were bruises on her cheek, which showed through layers and layers of makeup.

"Miyoung," Mr. Byun leaned over the desk and shook her hand "nice to see you. I wasn't sure if you'd dressed for the gym yet or not, glad I caught you in time."

Miyoung forced a smile, hoping it didn't look fake. 

"I was just on my way."

"Well, I won't keep you in suspense, though I'm sure you'd never be afraid you're in any kind of trouble." Mr. Byun gave her a knowing look, and Miyoung squirmed against the sticky leather seat. 

"Miyoung, this is Mrs. Lee and Mrs. Lee this is the young l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter