J -

Slice of life stories - VIXX NEO(3)

 J

Word: 2,5K

Snippet: Taekwoon is currently in a new relationship with Hakyeon. His friend thinks Hakyeon may turn into those pesky people that Taekwoon always seems to attract. Taekwoon doesn't think so. It's too early to tell anyway.

Note: Was going to update my long NEO fic, but lost motivation. So I went to write this. I was due to write a but not really , and angst but not really angst NEO fic. It was high time for another one.

 




"You turned me gay, you have to take responsibilities." Hakyeon half grumbles and half whine for the 5th time of probably since they start sleeping with each other.

They have only been sleeping with each other for perhaps three to four weeks so far? Regarding how long they have been dating or officially have been dating, it's harder to say. When he first started flirting with Hakyeon or trying to charm the other man, Hakyeon didn't realize he like men yet. Taekwoon doesn't really keep track of the dates. He's the type who needs to mark certain dates on the calendar or he will forget them.

Hakyeon tightens his strong hold around Taekwoon's shoulders, and climbs up to settle himself nicely on top of Taekwoon's lap. Guess they are not watching whatever is on TV at the moment anymore. Taekwoon sure has already forgotten what they are watching. It's kissing time now.

"Yes, yes." He answers back to humour Hakyeon. They start kissing each other, and Taekwoons' arms come around Hakyeon's back to fit their bodies together.

There's one thing that has been absolutely sure so far in this relationship is that their bodies fit perfectly together. Perfectly. Whether's it's sitting side by side next to each other or Hakyeon's arms around him. Well they are still in the early stage of their relationship. Everything is still fresh, and every touch has the magic to feel captivating, and enthralling. Taekwoon has always have good physical relationships with the last few of his exes. It's one thing that he at least gets right: running into and hooking up with people who are extremely compatible to him. Well at least at the beginning stage of a relationship.

"Woonie, Woonie~" Hakyeon hums Taekwoon's name as he seeks his lips again.

>>>>>>>>

"He can't demand you to take responsibilities for anyone. No one turns anyone gay." Jaehwan reminds him probably for the tenth time. He points the spoon he's eating sweet at Taekwoon to emphasize his point.

"People are just gay. No one magically turns anyone gay. People who think they are gay because of someone else, they are the people who grow up thinking they are straight or just straight. They watch TV and read books, and think when they grow older all they will do are getting attracted to the opposite , and no other possibilities. So they grow up thinking they are straight until one day they finally believe what their hormone have been trying to tell them all these years: that they actually do feel attraction toward the same ." 

Taekwoon shrugs off Jaehwan's concern. Honestly he's not bother by his friend's words. He's sure Hakyeon is only kidding. Well he's 70% sure... Well anyway, it must be a shock for late bloomer Hakyeon. Taekwoon is the first man Hakyeon dates, and they fall into bed within such a short period of time too.

Taekwoon didn't know beforehand that Hakyeon was a late bloomer. If he knew ahead maybe he wouldn't have started flirting with other man. Dating is fun, but sometimes it's not worth the drama, the hassle and the figuring out feeling tasks that go along with the fun activities.

He's more interested in eyeing Jaehwan's sundae, and pondering where's the nearest ice cream shop is. He has heard the same thing over and over again from Jaehwan, he can recite words for words. His friend has Taekwoon's best interest in mind, but sometimes he may as well be talking to the wall. Taekwoon is very stubborn and single minded, and he's aware of them himself. He faintly remembers that one of his exes told him, maybe it was because his astrological sign was a Scorpio. He can't remember which one anymore. When he's in a relationship, he gives his all and everything. When it's over, he doesn't look back.

If he has to pick one negativity, it's that Hakyeon has too much energy. He always wants to go here and there, go somewhere new together, while Taekwoon is more the less chill in a cafe type. When they do chill and just sitting around, Hakyeon insists on listening to the same kind of music, or watching the same kind of show. He has this need to do various activities together. They can't do separate things when they are together. Hakyeon feels more happy if they always do things together when they are together. If Taekwoon is listening to music, he wants to share the headphone, and listens on it too. It's kind of...Taekwoon doesn't want to use the word annoying. At the moment, he doesn't mind Hakyeon's various whims and inclinations.

Taekwoon gives up the though of ice cream when his friend finishes his sundae. Jaehwan has brought that sundae in from somewhere outside of the shop. He sighs wistfully, and focuses back on what Jaehwan's talking about now. 

"Yah, don't be too sad." Jaehwan misunderstands his sigh. "It's not that bad. You haven't seen him long, you can still break up cleanly now."

"Huh? Break up?" Taekwoon's brain reorganizes itself and pays full attention to person before him.

"Yes." Hakyeon is giving all these warning signs. I don't know why you always fall for these type of guys. It's so predictable that it's sad. Remember that Heechul guy? The one who talked with no filter and was way too frank. The one who over shared? He kept posting topless pictures of him on facebook. And that guy Eunkwang, who liked to make weird noises and did weird animal imitations at random times. Your exes lately are all these loud and clingy people."

"Hakyeon is fine." Taekwoon mumbles his last word. "...so far."

"I hope so for your sake, don't want to have to change your phone number again because someone refused to let go and phoned you incessantly. The worst one almost made you change your job, until your boss threatened to call the cop on that person. He was shock and indignant when your boss referred to him as a stalker. Good thing, he stopped coming around in hoping to catch you coming and leaving work."

"No, Hakyeon wouldn't do that. He's a sweet guy, really." Taekwoon defends Hakyeon calmly. It seems unfair to put all these negative behaviours on him when Hakyeon hasn't done neither of those things yet. The other man is not even here so he can't defend himself.

"They all starts out sweet. Always do." Jaehwan leans over the table. His words sound so ominous and brooding. "It's how they hook you in, and beguile you from their true nature." He drops his voice low. The theatre kid in him is surfacing again.

Taekwoon leans his upper body back away from Jaehwan's face and round eyes. "It's the new year, and you are already so negative Jaehwan-ie." He teases to lighten up the mood. That and Taekwoon's stubborn nature is barely taking in any of Jaehwan's advice.

Jaehwans follows and leans over the table even more so that half of his body is hovering over the table. "I should fund you a trip to the mountain. So you can bath in the spring and pray. Something about you is a magnet for these types of pesky people."

Taekwoon temporary ignores his friend's huge face right before his vision. He looks around quickly, and almost everyone now in the restaurant is looking at themm and wondering what's up. He's sitting in his chair with his upper body leaning back, while Jaehwan is almost having his legs up the table. He already has one one knee against the edge of the table to support his body hovering in the air.

Jaehwan can be very...animated. It's never a boring day whenever he meets up with his friend, or with the people he dates. Jaehwan used to call Eunkwang loud, but his friend is not exactly on the quiet side either. Taekwoon sure hangs out with people who are opposite in personalities than him.

He think quickly and smirks in reply to switch topic away from his love life. "You just want to see that bald monk of yours. Dilly-dallying with a monk, how can you sleep at night."

Jaehwan leans back away instantly away from him, as if receiving an invisible blow. "He's not a monk!" He shrills loudly and then remembers to keep his voice low. If they didn't have people's attention, they sure have now. Jaehwan sits back down quickly and starts defending himself. "I keep explaining to you that he was nicknamed the little monk, because he lived in the temple when he was a child. And he has hair now!" He remembers to add in the last point as if it's the most important part.

Taekwoon grins sadistically, and enjoys seeing his friend's squirm under people's stares. "And? He still lives in the temple. Isn't that what a monk do?"

Jaehwan throws his hand in the air and glares dagger at him. His glare is not quite so sharp since he keeps using a whining tone. "He's just a helper! His job is to help looking after the premise. He's not a monk. Really!"

He looks at the nearby table, and the customers look back at their food, and ignoring him. They probably think it's wiser to pretend they haven't heard anything from the screeching monkey from the next table.

The old owner just shakes her head behind the cash register as she looks at them. "Another day, same old loud people." She grumbles. She has threatened to kick them out many times, but she never does. They are one constant source of money to the business. This is their favourite family restaurant: affordable and tasty.

>>>>>>

Hakyeon leans ever tighter against Taekwoon's shoulder. His head and body slowly slide down on the other man's chest until his head lands on Taekwoon's lap. If he turns just a tiny bit more, his face will be right next to Taekwoon's crotch with only the other's man skinny jeans in between.

He chooses to adjust his body up right, use Taekwoon's lap as a pillow, and closes his eyes. He feels a touch, and it's Taekwoon's hand touching his jaw, and gently caressing it. 

"We don't have to meet if you are tired today. You should use this time to rest peacefully at home."

Hakyeon opens his eyes at Taekwoon's word to disagree. "No, I want to meet. We agree to meet today. Sorry I have been so quiet." He apologizes, wondering and feeling sorry that he's making Taekwoon bored.

"It's fine. This is nice too. I just think it's more restful for you to sleep in instead of having to meet up."

"I want to." Hakyeon repeats. "I want to meet you."

"Okay I got it." Taekwoon concedes easily. He places his warm hand over Hakyeon's eyes. Hakyeon closes his eyes at the contact ,and happily keeps them close for a bit longer. Just a big longer. Maybe he can just take a brief nap. He'll wake up once the show Taekwoon is watching end. Just a brief nap...

He's dimly aware that Taekwoon lifts his head to move out of the way. Hakyeon wants to complain but his eyes are so heavy, and his mouth lacks strength to open his lips.

Come back.

He wants them touching even when he's going to sleep. It's a waste to meet up if they don't do anything together. Won't that be a sad thing? He hears a sound, and then the warmth of a blanket envelop him. Okay fine. He thinks happily again. This is nice too. He lets his mind rest and starts letting himself falling asleep. He wakes up later to to the touch of Taekwoon's hand on his cheeks.

"Dinner time." Taekwoon is bending down and looking at his eyes. He's about 6 feet tall so he's slouching quite a bit.

"Dinner?" Hakyeon asks as he sits up slowly. "Did I just sleep the whole afternoon away?"

"Yes." Taekwoon straightens up.

"Yah, you should have woken me up." He gives a stank face by curling his mouth and scrunching his nose up.

Taekwoon doesn't react against his stank face, and only goes back to the eating table. Hakyeon follows suits and they sit down to eat. What a waste. Half a day is already gone. They'll eat and soon it will be night, and then a day is going to be over just like that. As he eats the delicious food, his disappointment starts to dissipate. If he wasn't hungry immediately when he woke up, he's hungry now. He stares at Taekwoon as he eats. The other man always looks happy when he's eating food. He wonders if Taekwoon has ever looked at someone as happy all the time as he looks at food.

Taekwoon gives off the appearance of being serene and unfazed with whatever challenge heads his way. Of course Hakyeon knows everyone has worries, big or small. However, that's the aura Hakyeon get from Taekwoon. He's just so calm and rock steady. When they first started meeting up, he always knew if they promised to meet somewhere, Taekwoon would be there.

Their eyes meet, and Taekwoon picks some food and puts onto his bowl. He silently asks Hakyeon with his eyes if everything is okay or at least if the food is alright. Taekwoon gives a lot of silent looks which carry various meanings. It's as if the other man finds talking all the time to be boring, so he communicates with his eyes and facial expression instead. Slowly, Hakyeon is picking up all these silent but simple questions and answers. Anything more complicates than that, Hakyeon has to wheedle and pry them out of the other man's stubborn mouth. Sometimes it turns into a fun game between the two of them. If all else fails, he just persistently shakes Taekwoon's body until the other man gives up and gives in. Good and bad, persistence is Hakyeon's number trait. Giving up doesn't appear a lot of time in his dictionary.

Thankfully it didn't take him long to realize Taekwoon was interested in him with all those long looks: sometimes thoughtful, sometimes pensive or best of all those direct gazes that looked at first as if he hated you. Hakyeon's friend even warned him to stay away from Taekwoon, that "the gay guy wanted you. So gross."

Hakyeon didn't find it gross. He was only put off at being the receiving end of those direct looks. Nowadays it's the opposite, he feels lacking and wanting when Taekwoon doesn't give him a lot of those looks. No, he's not a weirdo who enjoys being given hated look. He has come to understand certain things thanks Taekwoon's explanation. That for some reason people think he looks intense or glare at them, when that is not his intention at all. So 2/3 of the time he looks at people's lips instead when he's talking or listening to them. That doesn't help Hakyeon's heartbeat either, Taekwoon's eyes on at his lips. It didn't take him long at all to accept that he liked Taekwoon. It didn't take him long either to fall into bed with Taekwoon after that acceptance. Everything goes so fast that it surprises even him. He blames those direct looks that makes him feel as if he's Taekwoon's entire focus. They bewitch him. They look especially entrancing when Taekwoon leans in close to kiss him, and then proceeds to kiss every inch of his body. Every inch. Taekwoon pays so much attention to detail. 

Who can blame Hakyeon. Really, it's Taekwoon's fault.