Chapter 1

Letting you go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Micha POV

 

Ring!

 

It’s the end of the fourth period . I stretched my hands towards the front and yawned. Mrs. Lee just opened a video about the Scholars' movement instead of teaching.  Its kind of entertaining but the narrators voice is so low and boring. I looked to my left but the seat had already been emptied.  How can he ran so fast ?The classroom was nearly emptied with most of the student went outside for lunch.

 

I  opened my bag to take out the lunch box that I prepared in the morning and hurried outside.  I slowed my pace when my feet steeping on the green  field  and sat on the bench under the shade of one of the biggest tree there. I glanced around and waiting and  waiting and waiting and waiting.

 

Suddenly, I felt a  hand blocking out my eyes and blackness surrounded me.

 

"Guess who" I hold out my hands but they were caught by someone's hands.  Suddenly, hands started to tickle right at my waist. Always a ticklish person, I  could not control  myself and laughed all out.

 

"Guys,  stop!" I pushed the hands out and pulled the hands from my eyes. The six of them laughed and high fived each other.  I pouted my faces in angry and glared at each one of them . 

 

" Meanie .I'm going back right now " I pulled the lunch box from the bench with myself  and stand up pretending to run away.  They all started to panic and trying to  block me from going away. I swallowed a giggle and keep pretending to be mad.

 

" Micha ah. We are just playing." Kris gave me his adorable puppy eye and hold the my arms so tightly

 

"yeah, we are just playing with our most beloved girl." Chen came to my side and hugged me from behind.  I wriggled from his hug but my lips already curled into a smile.

 

"so naughty, Micha ah." they gathered around and started to tickle again.  Chen who is still hugging me also being tickled by them.

 

"hey you! No hugging my Michannie. She's mine. Mine . Mine "  he pushed the others and kicked  Chen away he slipped his hand over my shoulder and back hugged me . My heart beat unevenly faster and my cheeks started to flare. It’s the new cologne that I gave him for his birthday.  The smell of musk mixed with vanilla lingering around overwhelmed me and my soft heart.

 

"You are mine right, chagiya? " He put his cheek beside mine and caressed it.  I felt the blood flowed to my cheek and it's  already so hot.  This is not going to  happen . The school already  labeling us as couple since he always called me Chagiya and stick by my side all the time. We became best friend when teacher sit us next to each other in middle school. Since then, we are inseparable.  But  I know that he only  see me as his girl best friend. Nothing else.

 

"aigoo, stop playing ,Luhan " I pinched his arm and wriggled out from his embrace. I give me one of his cute pout but I try to ignore it.  I sat down on the ground and spread the lunch box for them.

 

"whoa, Micha ah.  Yummy! Yummy! " Xiumin  could not wait any longer and grabbed one of the sandwiches.  The others followed and flattered me with all kind of praises.

 

"sweet talker. Even if I brought some cold tin stuff , you guys will say it like it was a five star food." I rolled my eyes and grabbed one of them for me.

 

"chincha . I'm not kidding. Its really delish.." Lay put his thumbs up and continued munching.  But I knew they are telling the truth. I never thought that one day I will be friended with them. I started to friends with them when I started  close with  Luhan . They were friends since  kindergarten. The famous one. The hot one.  I looked at each one and smile spread on my face.   My eyes stared awhile on Luhan. He looked so happy eating the food that I made. It made my effort  of cooking every morning worth .

 

"yah! That is your fifth sixth I don't know,Tao." Chen tried to stop Tao from grabbing more  of the homemade chicken nugget . 

 

"I'm hungry." he pouted down his face and slipped his hand to the box when Kris distracted Chen.  He managed to grabbed three pieces of the nugget before putting all of it into his mouth. 

 

"yah!! " Chen lashed out his anger. I sat myself beside  Luhan and continue munching my sandwich. He put his head onto my shoulder and gave a peck on the cheek.  My heart drop a beat and suddenly beating faster. Oh why it have to be like this.

 

"hey" I tackled him off  and kicked him on the leg. He gave his pout and widen his eyes. Then , his facial face started to change and he distanced himself from me. 

 

"Luhan-shi" she came running toward us. Her long hair swayed completing her beautiful feature.  My heart sink knowing what is going on. The others started to tease Luhan and smile widely like a monkey.

 

"you told me to meet you here. You have something to tell me?" She gave her signature eye smile and sat at the empty spot between  us.  Luhan just gave a quick nod trying to look cool but I know he only pretending in front of Sulli. 

 

Its happening. Its today. Last night , Luhan called me telling that he will confessed to his long time crush, Sulli. He had fallen for her since she came to this school earlier this year. He always told me how kind and pure she was and  she is the only one Luhan always mentioned about. That is why I know I'm nothing in his heart. I'm just one of his friends. Luhan gave me a look and I mouthed 'fighting' towards him.  I grabbed the lunch box with the boys helping and left the two of them there.  I take a deep breath and walked as slow as possible.

 

"Micha, are you okay ?" Lay put his hand onto my shoulder and asked carefully . I nodded my head and smiled.  I entered the class just before the bell ring but the seat beside me never occupied till the end of the class.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"Micha!!! She said yes!" I put my phone away from my ear. I just laying on my bed trying to ignore him all day but its his 10th call.

 

"ohh! Congrats." I gave a cheer that has a double meaning on it.

 

"I know right.  Ahh! I feel like in heaven" he stated chatting away about her again and again. I put the phone on my bed and let he talked alone with some moment I say a little ohh and ahh .  It seems rude but the ache in my heart is harder to deal with.   The tears already glistening down but the only thing that I could do is to let him go.

 

 

The next day in school is harder to face. The news about Luhan and Sulli dating spread like wildfire.  Some of the girls in school gave me a symphatic look since they thought we are couple. But now they know the truth.  Lulli couple become the most famous couple in school. Most of them accepted them since they are match for each other. They always together anywhere they went and  he started to distance himself from us. He come late but left early  to school and disappeared during lunch.  We still hang out together but he always excused himself to go back early.   He never called me again after that night.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"I like you." my body froze. He hold my hand and give a gentle squeeze. My mind is  completely blank. Trying to pro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter