❁ Introduction ❁

Soulmate

xQo01KnNe9v9K-wA9H43EykqISPFrCZinOa0iQL8

I N T R O D U C T I O N

Author's Notes

I was too lazy to write a character description so if you want to know how I imagine the girl

character to look like, here is a picture of her. I'm sure you all know how the Exo members

look like so I'm not gonna post a picture of them. Enjoy the first chapter! ((:

 


It is late September, the time when flowers dry and wither, their dead petals carried away by the vicious wind. Leaves that are once green and alive turn orange and yellow, and at last dance to the ground with the help from the same dangerous wind that detaches innocent petals from lifeless flowers.

Aurora watch the last bit of nature, once full of life, depart as she walk alone on the muddy road. Plants are dead, their corpse covered by the fallen leaves, which are also dead. Animals that once roam this desolated place hide themselves in their small home, terrified. There are no sounds except for the creepy whooshing noise the wind makes as it screams into the girl's face.

Aurora takes notice of how gray the sky is and mentally note to not come out tonight, for there is a great chance that a storm will hit. With a few more steps, the small, tattered building that she calls home appears. She quickens her pace towards the house, not wanting to stay anymore longer in this air.

The familiar scent and warmness greets the girl as she step into the house. In contrast to its outer appearance, the house is rather cozy and comfortable on the inside. Because of its tiny size, every furniture has to be squeezed. Decorations are layered on top of each other, not that there are many, anyways.

"I'm back," Aurora calls out to her brother, Austin, who is lying down on the couch with a book held about a foot away from his face. The girl sighs and walk over to the switch to turn on the lights. "Oppa, you need to have the lights turn on when you're reading," She reminds him for the nth time. He hums in reply, making her doubt that he even heard what she just said. "I'm going into my room, call me when you are hungry." Again, he hums. With another sigh, Aurora goes inside her small room that barely fits a twin-size bed and a small desk. The walls are painted light pink, and all the furnishings are hand made by the girl's father when he was still alive, thus they are in the natural color of the wood they are made of. Aurora doesn't own much, and the only luxuries in her room are a white teddy-bear that she received on her seventh birthday and a picture of her parents and her brother and her, taken eleven years prior, framed by a simple white picture frame.

Although the room holds nothing more than the basics, Aurora is happy with it. Nothing can be complained about how un-pretty your room is when your brother only gets two hours of sleep everyday to pay for your school tuition and daily necessities, not to mention also study for school along with all his chores as well.

All her life, Aurora has looked up to her brother. He is responsible and selfless, never bothered his family once. After their parents passed away, Austin accepts the fact that his younger sister is now fully under his care without a complain. And he raised her up good. He never whines about how hard his life is, and always puts himself in front of Aurora when dangers and hardships hit. Although he isn't much of a genius, Austin studies very hard to complete college without spending a single cent.

Aurora throws her backpack onto the little bed that is hardly long enough for her, not that she's very tall, and begins her homework.

 

Half way through her work, Aurora hears a loud bang. Thinking that her brother, clumsy as always, accidentally dropped something.. So she shrugs the thoughts off, continues to focus on the papers. But then, after a minute or so, another bang, followed by another, is heard, from the living room. The girl let out a grunt, frustrated by all the confusing and non-sense assignments and the noise that successfully grabs her full attention. I need a little water break, she decides. After all, if her concentration isn't where the questions on the papers are, then the answers' quality won't be so good, thus her grades will drop.

Aurora stands up, causing the chair to make a loud screeching sound. She stretches her arms out with a yawn. Slowly, she walks out of the room, ready to scold her brother for dropping so much things, possibly breaking them.

The girl walks out of her room, only to meet silence. There is no sound and no sign that her brother is home. Strange, she thinks. Usually, when it's this quiet, her brother is asleep, accompanied by his loud snoring. But now, she can hear nothing except for her own heartbeat, beating faster with each passing second. Aurora's eyes travel around the tiny house, searching for any unusuals. Her brows furrowed together when she finds none, confused and in wonder.

"Oppa?" Aurora tries calling her brother, thinking that he may respond. Much to her dissapointment, there are no replies. Admittedly, she is creeped out. Where did he go? She keeps wondering. Outside? She hopes. Gathering up all her courage, Aurora walks to the front door without making a single sound. She inhales deeply before turning the door knob, not noticing her nervousness and terror she is feeling. Scared to fully reveal herself to the outside world, where dead nature blooms, Aurora peeks through the small opening between the door and the wall.

Nothing is outside either.

That nothingness is the trigger to the explosion of fear in the girl's heart. Her mind falls into chaos of aimless searching for the answer to the bizzare silence and the mysterious missing of her brother. The door cracks open a bit larger, then a bit larger, at last fully revealing Aurora. She hesitates before placing her right foot out the door, then her left foot follows. The freezing wind attacks her skin and hair as soon as she steps out of her shelter. Aurora, with her gifted sharp senses, smell the metallic smell of blood that the wind carries. Worry wash over her. Did Ausin injure himself? Did someone hurt him? With the thoughts that her beloved brother is in danger, the girl runs, not knowing where she's heading, just following her heart.

Her eyes explore the wilderness, happy to find any signs of her brother. Much to her dissapointment, she finds nothing. Just like in and outside her house, there are no traits of any of her sibling.. Dead corpse of nature lays everywhere, covering the clues to her brother's whereabouts if there is any to begin with. But the metallic smell is still there—everywhere. Just by smelling won't lead her to Austin, she figures. Maybe he isn't missing. Maybe he's back home. Aurora hopes for the best. Since she isn't making much—any progress, she decides to head back. Maybe the odds are in her favor and her brother isn't missing, or in danger. Maybe she is just over reacting, just like everytime when something, good or bad, is happening to Austin.

With a tint of hope in her heart, she heads back to home.

 

"Oppa?" Aurora calls, not too loud. Her heart beats with anticipation and caution. The floor lets our a creek when she steps on it, making her heart jump. Every piece of hair on her body stands up as cold sweat wets her pale skin. Come on, she thinks. Respond me, oppa. She waits a few long seconds, all in stillness, and decides to search for him, inside the house. Cat-like, Aurora explores the tiny building that she grew up in.

A tear of fustration and anxiety rolls down her cheek when she finds nothing, again. She grabs her hair and let out a loud and long grunt. Panic overcomes her fright, and she dashes out the house to furthermore search for her brother. Where are you?! Where are you?! "Where are you?!" The three words accidentally shouts out from . Though making any noise right now may lead trauma to the girl, it did lead to something worth her risk.

She hears her brother's familiar voice. "Help," He cries.

And after that, she hears a growl.

 


Author's Notes

I hope you've enjoyed the introduction! Sorry if its a bit confusing...