“I’m yours, senpai.”

Call me ‘senpai’!

a/n: so, this is reallyyyyyyy short i'm sorry. and this . i hope you still like it, ma wifeu!

 

and if you've forgotten, it's soo's birthday in korea already! i hope you'll congratulate him on instagram and twitter.

(and to warn you, this is mostly about yeol and his feelings, lol. i feel like i switched yeol's birthday fic with this one haha)

 

생일 축하해요!

#HappyMyungsooDay #HappyLDay #24thHappyLDay #24thHappyMyungsooDay #생엘축하해요

 


 

It’s just a wish. Nothing more, nothing less. But it means the world to Sungyeol. He wants Myungsoo to call him ‘senpai’, he wants that voice to call out to him using japanese honorofic speech. No hyung or sunbae. Senpai is enough to make him happy ’till the end of his life.

“Sungyeol senpai…” he blushes. “Why does this sound like such a wonderful melody?”

“Hyung, you’re acting weirdly.”

Glaring at his roommate, he stomps his way to his room and pouts and pouts and pouts and thinks he doesn’t act weirdly he acts like a normal teenager. “Yeah, I’m normal.”

(Deep down he knows he’s everything but normal but admitting it to Sungjong? No way in hell. He’s not that stupid.)

 

 

It hasn’t always been like this. Way before that certain someone came into his life he’s been a kingka and loved by everyone because of his cheerfulness and chodingness (and his pretty face). Girls confessing to him, holding hands with a girl he’s thought he’s loved and spending time with his friends… yeah, that’s how his live has been. (It’s still like this but it lessened and Sungyeol is greedy.)

And then came Myungsoo.

Stupid Myungsoo.

Stupid, stupid stupid, stupid, stupid, stu-

“O-oppa..”

He looks up and he’s surprised and a bit shocked.

“H-here..”

‘Chocolates?’

“I-I really li-like you a lo-lot, oppa!”

He freezes. And lets the girl run away, crying (for whatever reason). And gets judged the whole day by Sunggyu.

“Why didn’t you reject her properly? It’s Valentine’s day, couldn’t you at least be nice and go out with her just once?”

No, he can’t. He definitely can’t do that. He won’t cheat on HIS Myungsoo.

“And would you please stop being a stalker?”

Oh, how he hates that boy, can’t Sunggyu shut the fu-

“Hello, Sungyeol hyung.”

Way to freeze a second time and blush like crazy.

“Hyung?”

He runs away.

 

 

No, he isn’t shy. He hasn’t run away because he’s shy. No.

‘Are you sure?’

“100% sure!” he exclaims with balled fists.

“You’re crazy.”

“I’m not!” he, once again, says out loud for everyone in the backyard to hear (though there aren’t any people there during class and, no, he doesn’t skip classes because of that stupid-

“Hyung?”

“God, don’t get on my nerves when I’m all an..”

A smile with lots of dimples (?) is too much to take in and he faints- no, collapses there in front of his crush.

(At least he admits Myungsoo being his crush, right?)

 

 

Sungyeol doesn’t think it’s okay. Everything that happens to him. He collapses (he never fainted, get your information straight) in front of that certain someone, knocks him down during P.E., accidently hugs him when their class wins against some other school and spits out his drink all over Myungsoo’s uniform.

“So unlucky..” he murmurs.

He knows his feelings are to no use. He’ll never act like someone normal in the presence of Kim ing Myungsoo because that boy’s everything he isn’t. So how should the younger be able to fall in love with Sungyeol. It’ll never happen. Not in a lifetime.

“Lemme cry.”

Why wishing to be called senpai in the first place? There are plenty of other certain someone’s to ask and they’ll do it without questioning him (though he doesn’t think he’ll find someone right away). So, why, why in this freaking world, does it have to be Myungsoo? Out of everyone, why Myungsoo, the boy with those cute dimples and that stupid but funny laugh and those good looks and that godly smile and and and….

“Why can’t my brain be mean to that ba……by..” He can’t even curse at him. (Not anymore.) Wow. Great. “Lee Sungyeol, you’re such a loser.”

 

 

He’s met him on Valentine’s day last year (don’t blame this cliché day on him, okay?) when he’s got too many confessions. He’s been down the whole day, with the girls frustrating him and his friends making fun of his nonexistent love life (but they knew if he wanted he could have one).

Walking to the boy’s restroom he’s seen him coming his way, clumsily trying to balance too many books in his hands and then tripping on air and falling right in front of his feet.

“Oww…” the boy has grunted and remained laying on the dirty ground.

Not knowing what to do (he’s been in a daze, kind of), he kneeled down and heaved him up on his feet. (Oh boy, was he heavy.) “Are you okay?”

“Ah, y-yeah, thank you..”

And when their eyes met it’s been decided somewhere up there. He’s fallen in love at first sight.

At first he’s been denying it, how ridiculous can he be to believe in such a thing? No one believes in that but then he’s once heard the boy (he’s found out later his name) telling some girls he believes in just THAT he’s gotten a heart attack. “.”

(That’s been the only day he could curse him, after that he’s been in a spell of unicorns and rainbows.)

 

 

When he watches Myungsoo from afar he thinks they’re connected by some (really) thin string because whenever he sighs the boy looks right back at him and they blink a few times and then Myungsoo smiles and he’s done for.

(His brain stops working then and he sometimes catches himself defeated with his head on his desk, drooling like a pro.)

He doesn’t want to be so lovesick, it clearly affects his image (that’s been crashed the moment Myungsoo came into his life and took all the ‘fame’) but he can’t help his heart beating at an abnormal speed and himself getting so worked up whenever there’s a girl too close to Myungsoo.

“Myungsoo…”

His name sounds like honey.

“Senpai…”

That sounds like honey, too.

“Ewww, you’re gross.”

It’s nothing new. He’s always been gro- wait. What? Who?

“Do you even realize how embarrassing it is to sit next to you?”

He scoffs. “No one said you had to, Sungjong.”

“But it’s my duty to see my best friend getting out of hand.”

“You!”

“Sen. Pai.”

Sungyeol doesn’t know he starts crying until his younger friend hugs him. It’s been a long time since someone took him into their arms. And he sure has missed this. Sungjong feels comfortable (even though he’s the devil).

“Senpai, you should fall in love with someone else.”

“Yeah.” He hides his head in the crook of the shorter’s neck. “I really should.”

 

 

Well, he can’t. Myungsoo’s seen them that moment and he’s got so flustered he choked on his saliva and ran away (like all the other times before). (It’s a miracle he didn’t die from exhaustion yet.)

But he can’t help it. Myungsoo always smiles and he’s always greeting him, so just then, seeing him hugging Sungjong like his life depended on it, it’s just.. he’s had a bad feeling on how the other would portray this.

What if he’d think he’s in love with his friend and they’re in a relationship?

What if he’d think they’ve been a couple ever since?

“What if Myungsoo thinks I’m not interested?”

“Then it’s the best for the both of you.”

Sungjong really likes to torture him. “I’m sorry but could you leave so I can stress about this myself?”

“Nah, it’s boring without you.”

His heart makes doki doki at the thought Mungsoo could say that.

“And, by the way, I’m friends with that boy, don’t you think I can help you pursue him?”

Dumbfounded, he asks, “You can?”

“Yeah… But only if you help me.” An evil laugh makes a shiver run down his spine.  “So, you in?”

He nods because what could the other wish for (besides him making a fool out of himself in front of the whole world).

(He knows he’s made a contract with hell the moment the younger’s words reached his ears.)

 

 

So, in the end he thinks and thinks and thinks. And he thinks it’s okay. Myungsoo is worth it. Being called senpai is worth it. That’s why he’ll give it a try. It’s embarrassing as , but his ‘little’ crush isn’t any less embarrassing.

“I promise I’ll talk to him and tell him to go out with you once.”

He gulps down the lump in his throat and wipes off his hands on his dress.

“Ready?”

“Yeah.”

He breathes in and out a few times. ‘This time he’ll gonna call me senpai. He definitely will!’

So, he stalks off to his classroom he shares with that certain someone. And he makes his presence be known by everyone (including him) and he’s so nervous but he’s brave, he can do this.

“Huh? Are you new?” Myungsoo still seems to be unaffected.

Still, Sungyeol is prepared. “(in Japanese) Hello, my name is Senpai.” A few seconds pass, maybe more, and he thinks the other doesn’t understand a word, so he repeats himself. “(in Japanese) I’m senpai, what’s your name?

That seems to have an effect because he answers. “(in Japanese) I’m yours, senpai.

In the end he collapses. (Or he faints, he doesn’t know. Everything’s too much.)

 

 

The next day (it’s strange to wake up in his room but he doesn’t give a damn) he gets ready, thinks but doens’t think, goes to school, comes back again and goes to bed. He feels like he’s missed something, maybe he did but he doesn’t know. There’s something that happened and he can’t remember.

“Idiots stay idiots, they don’t change.”

“That’s true, look at Yeol.”

“Ah, I know what you mean.”

He quietly goes on with eating his lunch (it looks like someone barfed on his food but whatever), not taking note of all the glances Myungsoo throws at him and boldly taking his hand when they stand up to get back to class.

He seems to have gotten cold. What happened the day before? Are Myungsoo and him going out? Are they gay? Do they love each other?

“Yah!” Sungjong punches him in the stomach, then square in the face. Wow, that boy’s stronger than he’s expected. “I’ll end your current state of being an .”

(Needless to say but he got beaten up pretty badly. It’s his pure luck he doesn’t remember anything. Something about being in shock or something like this.)

At least, he remembers other things.

Crossdressing.

Talking in Japanese.

Being called senpai.

Loving Myungsoo.

Knowing they’re an item.

Yeah, just this once he’s thankful for Sungjong getting him into hospital.

(And the best thing is that that certain someone visiting him every day in those two weeks and even kissing his wounds better.)

 

 

“Senpaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii~”

Sungyeol’s face flames up and he’s tearing up. How mortifying this can be.. he didn’t know. “You can stop that now. You already granted my wish.”

“But I love you blushing.”

“I’m not blushing!”

“You are.”

“I tell you I’M NOT!”

“Don’t deny the obvious, senpai.”

He has enough. He takes the younger’s hand in his and pulls him into his arms. “I love you.”

There’s a chuckle and an ‘I love you, too, senpai.’ And he can’t be happier.

“Can I kiss you?”

There’s no response. Only lips on his and their friends trying to separate them.

(Later that day, Myungsoo comes over to Sungyeol’s and they make out and Myungsoo’s gasps and moans are so cute and y he wants to die. And then when he comes he screams senpai so loud and he should be more careful because his neighbors are no joke but he can’t. It makes him too happy to care about others at this moment.)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

(Some weeks or months (he doesn’t know because he doesn’t keep track of time when he’s with Myungsoo) later he angrily runs after Sungjong, trying to catch that fast lemon boy because Sungyeol noticed too late that Sungjong knew everything.

Myungsoo could've been his much much sooner but, no, Sungjong being the devil asks for things to embarrass him just for a good laugh.

’That boy’s gonna die.’)

 

 

 

(Sad but true, Sungyeol never caught him. So, Sungjong never got punished and still laughed at him.)

(At least Sungyeol has Myungsoo, right?)