-two-

Please Stay With Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"You." he said calmly and took a few steps forward, closer to me.

I raised an eyebrow as his single word reply kept echoing inside my head. At first, I didn't understand what the hell he was talking about and what he meant by 'you', then it hit me. I finally understood what he meant. My jaws dropped.

".......Whaaaaaa-at?"

It went silent all of a sudden, you can hear nothing from the two of us, the only sound heard was the cars driving past and the sound of the rain hitting different kinds of surfaces as it makes contact. I try to look at anything except Jimin who was standing before me, I could feel his gazes, his eyes were still on me.

I have to face him, don't I? I took a deep breath and looked up at him and to my surprise, he was closer than he was from before. I didn't even notice him coming closer to me. I tried to calm down and took a small step back, so we're not too close nor far.

"Wooh—"

"Listen to me first Ahreum," he cut me off. "I'm afraid I won't have the courage or the chance to confess to you."

I kept quiet, waiting for him to continue.

"I like you and I want you."

The three words were driving my mind crazier than ever. Suddenly, I felt dizzy and my head was starting to hurt.

"Jimin-ah, I..." I didn't know what to say, I didn't want to hurt him whatsoever.

"I've always wanted to confess to you, and get your attention but I failed. Because for some reason, I always had a feeling that Jungkook captures your attention more than I ever could. You always seem to be arguing with him and I get jealous. I get jealous because I wish I was him, I wish I was the one fighting with you. Because seeing you two argue, makes me think that you two are closer than I could ever be with you..."

"I—I'm sorry Jimin... I never realised how you felt towards me, I—" I didn't know how to continue the sentence.

"Do you w—"

"I already have someone that I like."

For like two minutes straight it went all silent again before Jimin started laughing out of no where, a fake laugh. The more he faked it, the more I felt guilty about everything that I have said.

"I kinda knew that," he said in a joking manner and laughed. "Is it Jungkook?" his voice suddenly turned serious.

For ten seconds I hesitated and argued with my mind to whether I should tell him or not. They're best friends, what if I tell Jimin and he passes my confessions onwards to Jungkook? What if Jungkook starts to ignore me after he finds out? Even though we do nothing but argue, joke and play around with each other, I'm happy with our current relationship. I don't want things to change, at least, definitely not for the worse.

"Yes," the reply came out while I was still thinking whether I should tell the truth or not. My mouth wasn't working along with my mind. I couldn't do anything to change what I said, it's the truth anyway.

"Oh," he sniffed.

I couldn't tell whether he was crying or not. His face was already covered with droplets of rain, you can't determine whether they're tears or not... He suddenly turned around, I thought he couldn't face me anymore, but then he started to take a few steps and picked up my umbrella. He held it above me.

"You can't stay under the rain for too long, I don't want you to get sick."

"Don't be so nice to me, Jimin..." I whispered his name softly.

"It's the least I can do for you. You should head home now," he faked a smile. "Here, take your umbrella."

He slowly reached for my right hand which was lying on the side of my body, he pulled it up to the handle of the umbrella. I softly gripped on the umbrella and from my hand, I looked up to meet his eyes. I felt bad, really bad. So bad that I wanted to cry, but I told myself I couldn't.

I slowly turned around with my back facing him, I inhaled and fought with the tears so they won't slide. I continued making my way towards the bus stop. Half way there I turned back to look at Jimin, he was still standing at the same spot, watching me as I walk to the stop. I sighed.

"GO HOME OR YOU'LL GET SICK!" I shouted.

He smiled and just waved. I sighed heavily just looking at him from a distance.

"Stupid boy..." I whispered softly and shook my head.

I made my way back to where he was and stood in front of him, he had a shocked expression. I took his left hand and gave him my umbrella but he refused to accept it, I glared at him and forced him to take it.

"Take it or I'll get worried."

He smiled. Maybe I said the wrong thing. Immediately after those six words came out of my mouth, I regret it and wished I hadn't said it. I would've got his hopes high.

"Go home," I added.

At that moment, I realised my bus was coming and I had to run to the bus stop before the bus leaves me behind. I waved goodbye to Jimin and ran for my life. Luckily, I made it in time. Before the bus was about to take off, the bus driver noticed me running and stopped the bus. I hopped into the bus and found a seat.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter