-one-

Please Stay With Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sujeong and I started dashing towards our school's hall for the big basketball game that happens once a year. We were running late because I slept in this morning. After passing like four empty corridors, we finally reached to the hall's entrance doors. Sujeong and I took a deep breath and we pushed open a door each. Immediately, all the eyes were on them. Apparently, we came in at the wrong time, the game was almost starting.

I grabbed Sujeong by the wrist and quickly pulled her to the front of the crowd, where the commentator was with his microphone, with our school principal and the basketball team's coach sitting beside him. We stood behind their backs. Our basketball team, Nonggu Lions were already on the court standing against the other team, Boru Bears. Our school lost to them two years in a row.

It was five against five and I could see the boys clearly from my position. Jungkook, the basketball team's leader of our school, started turning towards my direction. I poked a tongue out at him and he just smirked back, I blushed madly. Suddenly, Sujeong pulled on my arm. I turned to her and raised an eyebrow.

"What?" I asked.

"Did you see that?!" she whispered, trying to not get any attention from the other students.

"See what?"

"Jungkook just smirked at me!" she squealed.

But I thought Jungkook smirked at me when I poked my tongue out...

Suddenly, the referee blew his loud whistle. He had our school's purple basketball in hand with the two jumpers from both team on the sides of him. Jimin was the jumper on our team. Before I knew it, he threw the basketball up and Jimin softly tapped it to J-Hope.

J-Hope started dribbling the basketball on the left side of the court and just when the other team's member came rushing up to him, he passed the ball to Jungkook. Jungkook ran up to the basketball hoop and did a rebound, it was a goal. It was two points to our team.

Everyone started screaming including Sujeong. I wanted to cheer for Jungkook too but I couldn't, I just softly clapped for him. For almost the entire game, I couldn't concentrate on how the teams were scoring and everything, my eyes were on Jungkook and I realised something rather strange. I've seen Jungkook practice basketball before, it was completely different to how he is on the court against this team.

During his trainings, he was strong and fast, not to mean professional too. But now on the court, his enthusiasm was gone. He seem more weak and pressured, and I don't know why.

The commentator kept blabbing on and on about useless things when suddenly, a loud whistle blew. It was time for a break. The boys started walking up to where Sujeong and I were, to their coach. As they gather, Jungkook stood beside me. They were sweating and puffing.

"Okay boys, one more quarter to go. We're leading by four points, we can do this!" their couch shouted.

"NONGGU LIONS!" Jungkook, J-Hope, Suga, Jimin and Rap Monster all cheered together.

All five of the boys started wiping off their sweat with their towels, and drinking water off their bottles. I punched Jungkook hard on his arm, which he probably think was a weak punch.

"Good luck loser," I said.

"Thanks dummy."

After their five minute break, all the boys went back on the court and was ready to finish the last fifteen minutes of the game. The referee threw the ball up again and this time, the other team's jumper got the ball before Jimin. I curse that kid.

I got tired from all that standing so I sat down on a chair, seconds later Sujeong joined me and sat down too.

"I hope they don't lose like us," Sujeong said softly.

We had our soccer game last week and lost.

"Me too..." I sighed.

Suddenly, the whole hall went quiet and you could only hear breathings from the boys on the court, and the sound of the basketball bouncing. I stood up and realised there was only ten seconds left for the game. Our team was losing by two points. Suga had the ball, and he was running towards the opposite end of the court, to the hoop.

9... 8... 7...

He continued dribbling along the right side of the court and passed the ball to Jimin.

5... 4... 3...

Jimin quickly passed the ball to Jungkook.

2... 1...

Without thinking, Jungkook quickly threw the ball to the hoop from where he was, the three point line. If he gets this goal, our team will win. Everybody watched in silence, as the ball made its way to the hoop.

The whistle blew, telling everyone that the time was over, but the goal wasn't over yet.

I felt my heart pounding, the boys are counting on this ball. The ball was spinning around the edge of the hoop, when suddenly... it jumped out and landed on the ground. The other team started jumping and hi-fiving each other. The students from the other school screamed louder than ever, I wanted to slap a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter