meeting

Firefly

The sun just set, it was dark, cold and raining.  I was sitting at the bus stop waiting for the bus that was already 10 minutes late.  I sat there, biting the dry skin off my lips.  It was a bad habit of mine.  From a far, I could see the bus finally coming into picture.  I stood up, just to notice it was out of order.  I looked at my watch, I could of been home by now.

I sat back down and sprawled my legs out in front of me.  If it wasn't raining I would of walked home, but it was that one time I didn't bring an umbrella and I forgot my wallet in the home, so I couldn't buy one or taxi home.

A voice suddenly rang through my ears. “Excuse me, did the 2409 bus already go by?" 

I looked up at him. "No, it's late" I let out a sigh.

"Damn" I heard him muffle into his scarf as he looked down at his phone.  He sat down beside me and held his duffle bag on his lap.  He leaned forward, phone to his ear.

"I missed the bus, I'll be late" Was all he said and hung up.  It was probably a voice mail or something, because if it wasn't that was pretty rude, no matter who it was for.  The rain started to fade away, it was now only spitting.  The next bus was supposed to come 30 minutes after, but the first bus hasn't even arrived.  I made my choice, I would just walk home, grab a bottle of wine and get pizza delivered.  Just as I got up and brushed off my , a car pulled up.  I looked at the guy beside me and he looked at me. The passenger window rolled down.

"Jinkyun!" A loud voice called my name.  It was Hakyeon.

"Taekwoon hyung!?" The guy in the passenger seat said. After looking carefully it was Wonshik, he seemed to of had a new haircut.

We both looked at each other, then back to the car.

Wonshik got out, "You guys coming in?"

"Uh.. I’m just gonna walk" I replied and turned to walk away.

"Hey, it's still raining.. we can drive you home" Taekwoon said firmly.  I turned around to him.

"No it's cool.. I like walking" I lied.  

"Yah! Both of you get in the car!" Hakyeon yelled., pointing his finger at me.  I sighed and walked over to the car.  Taekwoon sat up front, while I sat at the back with Wonshik.

"What are you doing out so late Jin?" Hakyeon asked as he drove.  

"Oh.. i just got off work" I replied as I watched up front.  It was the first time I've been in the car with Hakyeon as the driver. "How about you?"

"We're on our way for a blind date" Wonshink interrupted.

"Eh? Then.. why are you guys driving me home? You'll be late!" 

"It's okay.. we're already late because of Taekwoon" Hakyeon said as he stared at Taekwoon, who was looking out the window with his earphones in.

- -

They dropped me off a block away from my apartment and left.  I gave a quick call to the pizza delivery place to make my order and picked up a bottle of wine and some beers at the convenience store.   I lived on top of a hill, so it took a bit for me to get up there.  The delivery guy literally got there when I did which was sad since I did call 15 minutes beforehand.

Before I could settle into the house, I got a call from an unni.

"Hey, come out to eat" She said.  She rarely asked me.. it was usually an order.

"But.. I just ordered pizza"

"I'm outside you door, let's go"

"Unni!" She hung up before I could even finished whining to her.  My doorbell rang.  I slipped my shoes back on, grabbed my bag and ran out the door.  There she was, holding a pack of beers too.

"Aren't we going out to eat?" I asked, taking a beer from her hand.

"Yeah.. but I thought it'd be fun if we pre-drank"

"You only pre-drink when we're going clubbing, or if something ty is coming up" I said. "I'm not going clubbing tonight"

"Okay.. you caught me, my friend backed out on a meeting.. so I'm bringing you!"

I stopped in my tracks. "Are you ing kidding?"

"Come on~ you haven't dated or liked anyone in like.. 3 years"

It was true, after high school, I kind of just stopped falling for people.

She gave me her puppy eyes. "I'll buy you food"

- -

Before I knew it, I was in an Indian restaurant, sitting in front of two decent guys; Im Jaebum and Park Jinyoung.. no not the old singers.

Both of them were born in 1994, meaning they were 2 years younger than me and 4 years younger than my unni Seungha. No wonder we had to pre-drink.

"So.. are you guys students?" I asked looking at both of them.  They were almost both tight lipped, maybe they weren't expecting two noona's to show up.

"I go to Kyunnghee U, for the physical ed. program" Jaebum said.

"I'm a theatrical major at Kyunghee" Jinyoung said right after.

I smiled because they were so cute.  

"Ohh, so how do you guys know each other?" Seungha asked.  She was pretty buzzed, but i think she enjoyed their company more than I did.

"We've been friends since middle school" Jinyoung replied.  He gave this smiled that make Seungha blush.  He was cute.

The night ended with a lot of laughter, and more beer than we both expected.  We went onto karaoke after dinner, but it ended early for us two because Seungha had way too much to drink.  I left Seungha at the front of the place to run back to the room to get her a water bottle.  On my way back out, I bumped into Hakyeon.

"Hey!" I said and waved at him.  He was holding a few drinks, just about to go into his room.

"What are you doing here? I thought you were having a night in?" He said.  His breath reeked of kimchi and soju.  

"An unni called me out, meeting" I said and laughed.  I was pretty buzzed.

"That sounds fun.. did you like ‘em?" He asked.  He was now leaning on the wall with the drinks held tight to his chest.’

"It was, they're really nice guys, super cute but a bit on the shy side" I said. "How about yours?"

"Oh man.. Wonshik that bastard," He said, "He set us up with these girls from his school.. they're so dry" He then whispered.

"I thought you liked girls like that.. so you get to talk alot!"

"No no, there's one girl and she talks so much, about herself only. Her conversations are so dry" Hakyeon slurred his words.

Just then, Jaebum, and Jinyoung walked out of the room.

"Yah.. are those the guys?" Hakyeon whispered.  He leaned into me and ended up spilling the drinks all over my jacket.

I looked at him with my mouth wide open. "Sorry.." He laughed.

"Noona!" Jaebum said and rushed over with napkins in his hand.  He started to wipe my jacket.

"It's okay, it's okay" I said and brushed off my jacket with my hand.  I grabbed Hakyeon's shoulder and smiled with my teeth clenched. "You owe me" I said and walked out.

"OKAY!" He shouted at the top of his lungs, and stumbled into the room he was in.

Jaebum and Jinyoung followed me behind.  I could tell that they were whispered.  Seungha was sitting on the ground outside.

"Let's go" I said and crouched down, putting her arm over my shoulder.  As I lifted her up, the weight from heavy suddenly turned light.  To my surprise, Jinyoung was holding her up too. "Hey, I got this" I said.

"It's okay Noona, I'll help" He said and smiled.

"Why don't you get a cab for us then" I said with a smirk; might as well use their nice gesture to get a free ride home.Jaebum got out on the street and waved a cab over.  They helped me get Seungha in the car and handed me some cash.

"Get home safe" Jaebum said and shut the door.  I waved bye to them, and the taxi was off.