Episode One {Unseen Smiles} - edited

The Dull Princess

- Dong Jun -

               “Ji Hyo! Over here!” Ga In noona called out Ji Hyo’s name. She saw us and started to headed toward us.

               “Mianhe. I’ve got something to do earlier.” She apologised.

               “It’s okay. The movie just started a few minutes. Not an hour. Come, let’s go.” Ga In said. We walked into the theater room. We watch the movie silently as we settle down at our reserved chair. Noona sat between us. I can't keep my eyes away from her. Even there is noona between us.

               "Dong jun, look infront, she might notice it. Don't make her misunderstand you." Noona whispered.

               I’ve always wonder.. Why does she looks so dull? Why didn’t she smile? Even if she smile, it’s not as bright as the others. Seems unsincerely. She’s pretty. Why didn’t she dress herself nicely? But now, all the questions in my mind have been answered.

*flashback*

                “Come on Ji Hyo. Just this once.”

                “I’m sorry Ga In. I’ve a lot of works to do”

                “What works? You just sit in your living room watching the tv emotionlessly. Please, let me make you happy sometimes” Ga in tried to convince her. “Jebal. Eo? What’s the point of being you friend if I couldn’t make you happy?”. Ji Hyo sighed.

                “Keep your money for yourself, okay? I’m alright. Really”.

                “No, you’ve to go with me. Here” Ga In took out the ticket and handed it to Ji Hyo. “This Saturday, 10 a.m. Don’t be late. See ya~!” then she dashed out from Ji Hyo’s cafe.

                Dong Jun has been watching the scene from the outside of the shop. Ga in open the cafe's door and go to where Dong jun is.

                "Hope that will make her better" Ga in said.. 'What does she mean by that? The more I keep quiet, the more I spend my times my sister and her friend, the more curious I am about this girl. What is her past?' Dong jun thought. As they got into Ga in's car, Dong jun let out his curiousity.

                "Noona."

                "Hm?"

                "I need some explaination."

                "About what? Your assignment?"

                "No." he stop for a while. Ga in look at him. "About your friend. What's her past. As I spend my times with you guys, every time I met her, I can't stop all the curiousity inside me. I always wanted to know all the things about her. Why did she becomes like that?" Ga in went silence.

                 "I don't know if I could tell you this, but she never said don't either. In fact, she didn't remember about it."

                 "About what?"

                 "Let's talk at home."

                 "What is it noona?" I asked her as soon as we reach home.

                 "Sit down Dongjun. It's gonna be a long story.. I'll make a hot chocolate drink for you." I just nodded. A few minutes later, she came with the drinks. "She's not like what you've seen. Before the incident, she's the most cheerful friend that I have. I owed her many things. She always help me with anything that she can do as long as I'm with her, she could never mind what people said. There's a time where I was accused for stealing one of the school's prop.. Do you remember?"

                  "Yeah, kinda.. The day you're asked to go to the police station?" he asked.. Ga in just nodded..

                  "She help me with all her might to prove that I'm not guilty for the lost things.. She help to pay the fine, eventhough she know that I'm not the culprit.. she tried so hard to prove that I'm not the one.. I owed her so much.. 3 years ago, she got married to this one man.. They love each other, but God has His own plan.. A year later, we were supposed to meet at their house for their first anniversary as a married couple.. Ji Hyo went out and his husband was with me.. He wanted me to give my opinion what kind of present would she like.. I help him picking up the present he got for her, when we got to know her where about, we rushed to her.. Ji Hyo was crossing the road, when suddenly a car came speeding toward her.. Right on that moment, we're just at her back.. Her husband ran to her and, they both got into an accident.. They're taken to the hospital.. His life, ended on that day.. While Jihyo, she's unconcious for about a few weeks.. But when she came back to her sense, she don't even know who I am.. Since then, she's not like the Ji Hyo I knew from 8 years ago.. And, she don't even remember about her husband.. I've tell her everything about them that I know, but the result is still the same.. And, there's a funny thing I found when I first met his husband.." she stopped and smiled, taking out her phone..

                   "What?" Dong Jun asked..

                   "Her husband kinda looks like you.." she said, while showing him her phone.. He took a look.. There's a picture of Jihyo and her husband.. He and her husband might looks alike but not really similar.. 

*end of flashback

                     Noona ended up telling the stories of Ji Hyo and her husband on that day.. Starting from where their honeymoon take placed, the surprised he did for her and how he treat her.. Seems like Ji Hyo told noona everything.. He's a kind man but unfortunately his life end early.. God must have another plan for them..                 

                    "Dong Jun-ah.. You really looks like a stalker.. Stop doing that and eat this.." Ga In shove the pop corn to me.. I take it, but still, I continue to look at her.. Her dull face, without a single smile.. Even the movie was a comedy genre, still.. She barely smile.. Why did I do this? Because the moment she smile, I want to 'catch' it and 'save' the picture of her smiling in my mind.. I've always wonder how will she look if she smile..

                    The movie ended.. I couldn't catch her smiling.. What a waste.. I think she would look preety if she smile..

                    "Noona, how about a lunch together? I'm quite hungry.. Please.." I made an excuse so that I can see her face for a little longer.. But it's because I'm hungry too.. My stomach growls at the right time..

                    "Okay. Ji Hyo, Wanna come?" Aish.. Noona!! Don't ask her, just take her with us.. If you ask her, she'll surely reject it..

                    "It's okay, I'm not hungry.." Told ya..

                    "Ji Hyo, you're not really good at lying. What do you eat earlier? Ramyun? Unhealthy snacks?" Whoaa.. She really did living all these years only by eating that? That's gonna be a health problem for her.. How can she regain the memories back with that kind of foods? Umm.. what did the food have anything to do with the memories? Ji Hyo remained silent. "Let's go get a healthy foods for you" Noona said as she dragged Ji Hyo's hand..

                     We ordered several meals, and a healthy one for our Ji hyo..

                     "Let's eat!" I said happily ans picked up the chopstick and so does noona but not Jihyo..

                     "Jihyo-ah.. Eat them, okay?" noona said.. "Please, eat them.. For me, don't make me regret bringing you here and waste my money that I've spend them for you!" Noona pretending that she's angry with a funny face.. Suddenly I saw a miracle happen.. Her smile..

                     "Noona" I tried to talk to her directly this time, when Ga In wasn't there. She went to the toilet. "Do you remember me?"

                     "You.." she paused.. "Ofcourse I know you. you're Ga In's little brother"

                     "Heh.. No.. I mean.. You have seen my face for a long time.. Ga In noona said that your husband had a face that looks like mine.. By any chance, if my face might help you remember 'bout him or yourself??" I asked. She shook her head.

                     "No.. Nothing" she slowly said, half whispering.

                     "Oh.. Okay"

                      After that, we went to shopping. Noona did bought a few things for her.. But she doesn't show any interest at all..

 

. . . . .

 

                    We was about to walk across the street until JiHyo stopped.. Her face was pale and worried.. Her body was stiff and she stayed like a statue..

                    "What's wrong Ji Hyo?" Noona asked.

                    "Don't... Cross.." she muttered.

                    "Why? Ji Hyo? Are you okay?"

                    "Someone might hurt.. So please.. Don't go.." I think she's having a trauma right now? Did she remember something about the accident?

                    "Noona.." I called my sister.. "I think she remember something ?" Ga In eyes widened.

                    "Ji Hyo! Did you.. Did you remember something? Eo? Tell me.. What is it..?!" Ga In kept on pushing her to tell while Ji Hyo's mind was else where..

                    "Noona.." I called Ga In, to make her stop.. Asking too much to Ji Hyo will just add her pressure.. "Stop it.."

                    "Ji Hyo-ah!" Ga In called her again.

                    "I can't really remember.. It's just.. An image of someone.. Crossing the road.. It's.. Might be me.." she explained.

                    "Noona, let's just bring her to the hospital.

                    

 

 

=============================================To Be Continued ===============================================

 

.+* Miss Mong *+.

Anyeong.. I've edit this chapter.. I'll update again next time.. Sorry that it took a year for me to update.. Hope I didn't lost my fans ^_^|| See you again..