The Start of Something New

새로운 시작 (The Start of Something New)

It was soon the last filming for Roommate Season 2. Youngji was exceptionally upset with the parting; she hates parting. She never liked the idea of not being able to be with the people she forged a relationship with. However, given the nature of their job as a celebrity, it can't be helped that they are bound to meet up less often. 

Youngji gathered her emotions and got up from her bed, giving her soft silky hair a brush before heading down to meet her roommates. She flashed her signature alligator smile in front of the cameras, trying to hide her emotions. Seeing Gukjoo and Dongwook having their breakfast at the dining table, she hurriedly rushed towards them and gave them her biggest hug. Youngji was never good with words. So she decided to make the best of today, and show them as much affection as she could to express her feelings. 

The theme of the last filming was set to be a farewell party at their very own backyard. PD-nim decided that it would be best for them to spend time alone, exchanging their feelings and expressing themselves as a closure to their sharehouse experience. The roommates gradually got back home after their schedules in the evening, all except Kang Joon and Jackson. Youngji happily greeted each and every one of them and gave them her biggest hug. 

The girls were in charge of the food while the guys were preparing fire for their BBQ party, as well as decorating their backyard to the theme. Soon, night falls and the roommate gathered around and started their BBQ party. Seeing that the drinks were short, Youngji volunteered to head to the kitchen to bring more. 

While Youngji was trying to carry 4 large 1.5 litres drink with her small hands, she heard the door knob turn. 

"Could it be Jackson?" Youngji thought to herself. 

Full of excitement, she rushed to the door expecting to see Jackson.

"Welcome to KARA's Youngji's Fare--" Youngji stopped in the middle of her sentence. 

"Youngji! Why are you here?" Kang Joon beamed at Youngji.

Youngji was caught off guard and just stood still. Coming back to her senses, she flashed Kang Joon her signature aegyo smile and gave him a hug. 

"Hehe, I sensed that you're coming so I came to you!" Youngji said, before gesturing Kang Jong towards the backyard. 

"I'll join you guys after going to the ladies!" Youngji smiled.

After Kang Joon left, she silently headed back to the kitchen where she left the drinks. 

"What is this feeling? Why was I so upset to see Kang Joon instead of Jackson? Why do I want to see him so much? Don't tell me.. No it can't be! We are friends. Just very close friends whose company we enjoy. Nothing more, nothing less. That's right!" a troubled Youngji tried to convince herself. 

While she was struggling with the drinks on her way back to the backyard, one bottle fell out from her arms and was about to land on her feet. She closed her eyes expecting to feel a sharp pain on her feet.

1 second passed. 2 seconds passed. 5 seconds passed and she felt nothing. She slowly opened her right eye only to see a large hand grabbing the bottle just centimetres away from her feet, and a face she is so familiar with next to the hand. 

"Ya, Heo Youngji! Don't you know how to move your feet away instead of letting the bottle land on it?" Jackson teased while standing up straight.

"Ya, Wang Jackson! I was just-- I was just surprised for a moment!" Youngji stammered while trying hard to suppress her smile that was fighting to be shown on her face. 

She was happy. Unusally happy to see the guy she always bickers with, the guy who acts like a child at times, the guy who shows her concern over small little things like a band-aid on her hand, the guy who labels herself as his wife on their second meeting, the guy who is very protective of her in front of other guys not only during Roommate, the guy whom she misses so much. 

A sudden surge of emotions engulfed her and she wrapped her arms around Jackson's lean but muscular waist, dropping the other bottles on the ground. 

"Youngji-ah.." Jackson softly whispered, taken aback by her sudden act of skinship. He slowly reciprocated Youngji's hug and placed his arms around her small shoulders. 

Kang Joon and Joon Hyung rushed into the sharehouse after hearing the loud thud, breaking the silence and brought the two of them back to reality. Youngji pulled away from the hug and smiled at them shyly. 

"Haha I'm sorry, I think my emotions got the better of me since it's the last day of filming" Youngji said embarrassingly, scratching her scalp lightly while casting her gaze on the floor. 

"Yo! It's okay man! Let's party it out tonight! BAMMMM!" the usually high Joon Hyung replied while gesturing Jackson for a hi-five. 

"Wow, that could have escalated. I was so close to being unable to control myself" Jackson thought to himself. 

The four of them headed back to the backyard and the BBQ party continues. The night falls deeper and the casts were all slightly tipsy from the drinks. They were all extremely happy tonight, recalling their past embarrassing yet enjoyable moments.

What is a farewell party without a game of truth or dare? The roommates gathered around again and sat in a huge circle with a glass bottle lying right at the center. The game started and it was one hell of a night. y dance, weird dance, first impressions, gulping down shots, confessions, etc. Anything you can think of was said and done that night. The game progresses and it was time for the question everyone has been curious about. 

The glass bottle spins and slowly stopped, pointing towards Youngji. 

"Truth or dare! BAMMMM!" a tipsy Joon Hyung asked.

"Truth!" a slightly tipsy Youngji replied. She couldn't take on anymore dares after gulping down 5 shots and all that y dancing. She was never good with alcohol. 

"Have you ever liked Jackson as a guy?" Gukjoo prompted, casting the both of them a slight smirk. 

The rest of the roommates eyed her closely. They were all curious about it. The natural skinship and comfortable relationship between the two of them seems more than just purely friendship to them. 

"I--" Youngji stammered, uneasy with all the attention on her. 

She did. She does. And she will. 

The answer was clear, but she had to hold herself back and deny it. She knew nothing will come out of her confession, except for negative impact on both herself as well as Jackson. Just solely based on their interactions in Roommate garnered them enough hate and the thought of making it worse makes her frown. 

"No, and I never will" Youngji cleared and replied. 

"Ayeeeee are you serious? This is not fun." Sunny jokingly added before getting on with the game. 

Youngji nervously let out a small sigh of relief, thankful that the other roommates didn't probe her any further like how they usually do. Little did she know that Jackson was looking at her, with an expression that she wouldn't want to see again. 

The party finally ended and the cameras were kept. The cast members gradually left one by one, leaving Youngji and Jackson behind as their managers were taking longer than expected due to an unforeseen circumstance back at their entertainment companies. Both of them sat down side by side on the couch, with Jackson being unusually quiet tonight and Youngji feeling exceptionally tensed at the quiet yet fluttering atmostphere

She finally couldn't take it anymore and sprang out of the couch. She needed to cool down. 

"I'm heading to the ladies!" Youngji said in her usual bubbly tone, preparing to leave Jackson behind.

Suddenly, she left Jackson's warm hand grabbing her wrist and the next moment she was being pulled back down on the couch, into his warm embrace. 

"Ya! Wang Jackson! What are you doing!" Youngji struggled to sit up, startled by his action.

Jackson tighten his arms around Youngji's petite waist.

"What do you mean you don't like me?" Jackson hissed, a frown forming on his forehead.

"Ya, what do you expect me to say when the cameras are rolling and your fans have been expressing their disapproval?" Youngji retaliated, her heart thumping loud and hard at their close proximity. 

"So that's not the truth, right? You can speak the truth now. No cameras rolling and more importantly--" Jackson paused, his hand reaching over to Youngji's chin and bringing it up to face him. 

"We are alone now. Just the two of us." Jackson gave her a slight smirk, silently dying at the sight of her being all embarrassed with her cheeks flushed in a bright shade of pink. 

"I--" 

Jackson cut her off with a kiss on her lips. Her lips felt so soft and her scent so sweet. Jackson pulled her closer to a deeper kiss, his arms roaming around her back and then finally resting on her waist. 

Youngji's eyes widened at the sudden touch of their lips, but gradually succumbed to his kiss. She knew she wanted this. She knew she liked him and he liked her too. She longed for his touch, his kiss, his everything. Youngji slowly wrapped her arms around his neck, progressing the kiss to a passionate one.

They pulled apart, short of breath. Their arms still wrapping around the other party, Jackson slowly rested his forehead on Youngji's. 

"Damn, this has been what I have been waiting for. You taste so sweet" Jackson confessed. 

Slightly embarrassed by his words, Youngji snuggled up against his chest and gave him a light hit.

"Ya, this is embarrassing. Don't say that" Youngji flushed.

"I love you" Jackson whispered almost inaudibly, just enough for her, and only her to hear.

"Hehe, I love you too" Youngji flashed him a wide smile before courageously bringing him close for another kiss.

"Damn, this is dangerous. The managers better be here fast" Jackson thought to himself, trying to suppress his desire for her.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Helloooooo! Sorry it took so long, but I'm back with my second piece of work! How is it? Hope it's good enough! :D Please leave your feedbacks below, they will be greatly appreciated! :D

Hehe thanks for reading! <3