Words Of Wisdom

Perfection (An EXO Oneshot ft. Kai)

 

 

 

Hi! So you might be wondering why I wrote this chapter since the story has already ended, right? Well, I would just like to clarify things, especially to those people who felt like what the protagonist experienced in the story or those people who experience depression:

Suicide is not the answer. Please, please, please. Never ever kill yourself. Remember what happened to Euphie's family and Kai? They became miserable when Euphie died. I know you might be saying to me that "noone cares!". But, that is also what Euphie thought. She thought noone would care when she dies because people already see her as a failure. But what happened? Her father, who became disappointed with her, cried. Her mother, who despised her, cried. Her sister, who stole all their parent's attention (unintentionally though) , cried. Kai, who rejected her, cried. They all cried. Why? Because Euphie is gone.

"So, what should I do right now, huh!? I'm so freaking tired!"

I know you're gonna tell me that. First things first, I have not yet undergo to severe depression (which mostly leads to suicide) BUT I have friends who exprerience it. Big time. Fortunately, some them are slowly recovering.

But anyways, here are some tips:

1. Express your feelingsAt the end of the day, let out ALL the pain your heart keeps. Extra tip: Let it out to someone. "But who?" If you don't have anyone to talk to, talk to a stranger. A GOODstranger. I know this is weird but sometimes its nice to talk to a stranger. If you have security reasons, go to the internet and go to a social website ( NODO NOT USE ANY WEIRD WEBSITES), make sure your profile does not have any personal info. That could mess everything. "But how do I find a good stranger?" If you want to know, just DM me in Instagram with my username @ohyeahliaaaaaa and I'll lead you the way :) { TRUST ME, I'M NOT PROMOTING ANYTHING OR WHATSOEVER }.

2. Love yourself"How the f*** do I love myself? I am such a failure." Please remember what happened to Euphie. She was "perfect" and yet, she still suffers from depression. Why? Because she forgot to love herself. She never followed what her heart really desires. She wanted to be perfect because that is what people want her to become. She was a machine. A machine manipulated by other people. But then she realized that she was not happy because she lived the expectations of others. If only she loved herself, things could have ended differently. Same to you. Learn to love yourself.All your insecurities, mistakes, and imperfections. After all, its not about being perfect. It is about being unique.Its not about what they think about you. It is about what you think about yourself. Why let them control you? That is your life and body, not theirs. If you pretend to be somebody, you get hate. If you become by what you want, you get hate. In the end you still get hate. Why bother? Noone can please everybody. Everybody has their own standards. That's why, be yourself and love yourself. Because at the end of the day, you would be happy you are yourself. As the saying goes, "It is better to be hated for what you are, than to be loved for what you are not." , right? (Bonus: You attract the right people who love you for who you are. :>)

3. You Only Live Once ( aka YOLO ). I know that sounds corny but hey, its true. While you are living right now, cherish it. As a song from Avicii goes, "One day, you'll leave this world behind. So live a life you will remember." . Don't rushing things saying, "I want to end this right now." or "I want to die". Just treasure it while it is there because being able to live is something you will be able to do once.

"So, Lia, what is your purpose for making this one-shot?"

Well, my purpose for making this one-shot is to let everyone (including me, actually) realize that they should treasure what they have right now. Be thankful of what or who you have right now because you'll never know what you had until you lose it.

I guess that's it?

Dedicated to @sacheeko , @withexo , @potatojongin , and @jonginope . :)

Special Shoutouts to all those people who are pressured or suffering from depression. :)

Thank you for reading! :)