#07

둘이 (You & I)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“GUESS WHAT!”

I could only make out a blur that somewhat looked like Donghae before the figure crashed landed on me, scattering my books on Tonal Harmony all over the floor. I collapsed onto the floor in a heap with a loud groan while Donghae began shaking me so hard that I thought my teeth started rolling around in my head.

Donghae wouldn’t stop giggling though, and after he’d calmed down a bit (and a few kind students gathered up my textbooks for me) he finally got off me with a huge smile on his face.

“Guess what!”

Still woozy, I peered at him. “Why do you have two heads? And why do you have eyes in the middle of your forehead?”

“Oh, Hyukjae, GUESS WHAT!!”

“WHAT?” I couldn’t think straight. There were two of everything, maybe four, I couldn’t even count.

“I’VE GOT A CAR!!”

I frowned. This can’t be right. My ears must be playing tricks on me. Donghae can’t drive for the love of all sakes.

“Let me just rest for a while and I’ll listen to what you want to say,” I pleaded, holding my head in my hands. “The world won’t stop spinning. You can’t have a car. You can’t drive.”

“But I can!” Donghae shouted, literally in my ear. “I’ve had my license for a month, and now I’ve got a brand new car to drive in! I can take you all the way to Mars!”

I shook my head in disbelief. “But you… can’t drive!” The world was starting to straighten out. I no longer had two left hands and two rights hands. I grinned up at him – only he was pouting down at me. I panicked, thinking I must have said something to hurt his feelings like that. “Did I say something wrong? I’m sorry, I spout nonsense when I’m dizzy. What did I say?”

“You said I couldn’t drive,” he pouted, kneeling down to pick up my textbooks, only to bop me in the head with the thickest, heaviest volume.

“Ow! Hae!” I wailed, shielding my head from more abuse. “I’m sorry! But you and I both know that you’re a lousy driver!”

Donghae’s eyes hardened. “I’m not! I drive perfectly well, and I can prove it to you!” He jumped up and pulled me to my feet before dragging me off, barely giving me enough time to s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter