one

Ordinary People

(sorry if it's too short and sort of incomplete.)

 


 

 

The people around him scramble to get cover with frantic screams as one of the plastic tents collapses under the weight of water accumulated over them, but there’s not enough coverage anywhere else without strangers, friends, and family members cramping together to avoid getting wet under the rain.

Woohyun would have done the same, but he barely had time to process what was happening before his coat soaked. He’s already wet, so he might as well just laugh at other people’s misfortunes. (Like the man on the pastel shirt, whose shivers could be seen from a mile away.)

Sadly, his boyfriend doesn’t share his sense of humor. “These suits weren’t exactly cheap, you know?”

But none of that matters, because Sunggyu’s lips taste like cherry mousse and rainfall.

“I tell you, I’m gonna mail Sungyeol the bill from the dry-cleaner,” Sunggyu complains once Woohyun pushes the door open to let him enter their apartment. “Plus, my car’s gonna stink for like a month. I still don’t know where to go to wash and vacuum the inside.” And then, after a long pause, “I’ll mail that to Myungsoo.”

Woohyun giggles, pushing the door closed with his feet while taking off his coat. Like Sunggyu has been claiming for the past half an hour that took them to get back home from the party, it is pretty much ruined. There’s probably some way to fix it though (or at least, that’s what he wants to believe.)

“Come on, you know it wasn’t Sungyeol’s fault,” he tries to defend their mutual friend, but the words that were supposed to follow scramble out of his mouth because right then and there, in the entrance door, Sunggyu starts taking off his pants. “Wow,” is all he comes up with.

“Close your mouth please.” Sunggyu isn’t even looking at him, but Woohyun realizes he probably should. “God, I think even my underwear is wet.”

“And I thank everything that’s good and pure for that,” Woohyun replies before he can stop himself. Luckily, all Sunggyu does is glare at him from over his shoulder.

“Why do I feel like your thoughts are neither good nor pure.” It’s not even a question. The older man steps from his formal—and still very much damp—pants and (to Woohyun’s dismay) decides to keep his boxers on. He does take off his shirt and tie though. Which Woohyun appreciates. A lot. “Ahh, It’s cold—If you get other than the entrance floor wet, you’re going to mop the whole apartment.”

“But I just did that this morning!”

“My point exactly.” Sunggyu peels off his socks and throws them on top of his clothes. “I’m going to shower, do you want to make dinner or should we call for chicken?”

“I want to take a bath too,” Woohyun sulks, pulling at his tie to get his clothes off as soon as he can. He’s about to propose they take a bubble bath instead (like he’s been thinking since, well, since he bought the bathtub a couple of weeks ago) but Sunggyu has both of his thumbs hooked on the waistband of his boxers already, rounding the corner, so he does the first thing that comes to his mind.

(Which is to whistle, of course.)

A little bit later—and after Sunggyu has smacked him across the head with a towel for whistling—they do end up taking a bath. Not a bubble bath, but it will happen. One day. Hopefully.

Woohyun rubs Sunggyu’s head with shampoo, tangling his fingers in the copper hair and kissing the man’s nape once in a while. It’s surprisingly relaxing for both.

“We should do this more often,” he muses, cupping a bit of water with his hands and pouring it over Sunggyu’s head.

“You mean getting wet and cold to the bone? Because I’m certainly not doing that ever again. Nope. Zero out of ten. Would not recommend.”

“Are you still angry? Get under the water to rinse your hair.” Sunggyu nods, but does as told.

When he comes back up, he motions Woohyun to turn around. “Your turn,” he says, “and just to clarify: I’m not angry. I’m just frustrated, you know? I told Sungyeol this morning, ‘let’s move the engagement party to the night. Or better yet, let’s do it indoors,’ and what did I get? ‘No, hyung, but that’s going to mess everything up. It has to happen on the afternoon, we planned it like that for months.’”

He finishes his story with quotation fingers. His hands make a slapping sound when he lets them fall back into the water. He’s also pouting a little, which shouldn’t be as endearing (but it is).

“You know he’s stubborn.” Woohyun passes him the shampoo and lets himself relax under the fingers working the knots in his hair. His hair might be getting long. “The wedding is going to be better.”

Sunggyu hums, distracted. “If only they let me help them. Or even Sungjong—the kid has the right ideas.”

“It’s alright, we’ll plan our own wedding.” In response, the other man throws a sarcastic laugh and pushes his head. Woohyun takes it as a cue to rinse his hair. “What, you don’t like the idea?”

“Who says we’re getting married?”

“What? You mean we’re not? You wound me.” Woohyun clutches his chest with a pained expression, but breaks into a smile once Sunggyu turns around to lie with his back pressed against Woohyun’s chest.

“Yeah, right, now where’s the hydro-massage in this thing?”

“I can get underwater and make bubbles for you if you want.”

After a quick shower to rinse the leftover soap out, Sunggyu proposes they order some chicken and beer and sit down to watch TV. Woohyun’s all up for the idea, especially since it involves a slightly tipsy (which usually means slightly touchy) Sunggyu and cuddling after a busy day.

There’s nothing good on TV, and they settle for the rerun of a sitcom no one bothers watching.

Sunggyu’s lips don’t taste like cherry and rainfall anymore, but Woohyun finds them sour and spicy, which is kind of a welcomed change. They’re familiar tastes, a reminder of who they are—what they’ve been for years now.

“You know, I kinda enjoyed today.” The younger male mumbles against the crown of Sunggyu’s head once they’re done with the food and have decided to lie down together. “We kinda need a bigger couch.”

“I’ve been telling you to buy one since like, you moved in,” Sunggyu replies against the skin of his neck. For that, Woohyun pinches the small patch of fat around Sunggyu’s hips. “Hey, that hurts! Did you enjoy ruining my car as well?”

“Now that I think of it, we could have gotten plastic bags to sit on.” He rubs the skin he’s just abused, and then lets his palm wander farther under Sunggyu’s sweatshirt.

“We were too busy running away from our best friends to worry about that.” The man pushes his body against Woohyun, and after years of being together, Woohyun’s learned that the act is purely unconscious. (Because, truthfully, Sunggyu does that on his sleep as well. Woohyun still hasn’t told him that he does.)

The youngest of the two laughs. “Hey, with a good reason. They were going to make us help clean up and we were freezing.” He uses his free hand to move Sunggyu’s bangs aside. “Besides, they looked too happy with each other and I didn’t want to bother them.”

Sunggyu makes a poor attempt at a nod, curling his arms around himself. “I’m getting sleepy.”

“I noticed.”

Then, after a minute of silence or so, “Were them what made you enjoy today?”

“Yeollie and Myungsoo?” Sunggyu mumbles an affirmative in response. “In a way, yeah. I mean, I’d like to look like them one day… And I hope it’s raining, too.”

That makes the other man lift his eyes in response. They’re slightly narrowed, and Woohyun is not sure if it’s because he’s about to fall asleep or if he’s glaring at Woohyun. Maybe it’s a combination of both.

“Why?”

“Dunno. Probably just want to see you get wet again.”
Woohyun shrugs—or tries to. It’s kind of difficult to do it while lying down. “Though it would be difficult to get married on a rainy day.”

He expects the usual from Sunggyu, like a glare or a smack for saying that kind of stuff, but all the man does is roll to his side to be the small spoon. That, and also, “Then we should probably do it on rain season.”

The response is mildly surprising, but with time, Woohyun has learned Sunggyu has a thing for doing unexpected stuff once in a while. So, he decides to play along. “Then we should hurry because that’s like five months away.”

“We should.” Then, he doesn’t say anything anymore. And Woohyun—Woohyun is too confused to reply. Was that… Was that what he thought it was?

The only sounds are from the quiet rain still falling outside and the refrigerator that makes a noise Woohyun hasn’t quite gotten used to yet every few minutes. That, and the sound of something falling from the couch and landing in the carpet with a ‘thud’.

 


 

oh my god so sappy

idk if i should continue it, or like, add ? but since all the secret santa requests were pg/pg-13 idk idk. what do you think?