Final

Kiss Scene?!

     

 

"And..cut! Good job everyone!" The cast start to disperse from the set, other staff bustling about to set up for playback of the scenes filmed and get ready for the next shooting.

"Sojin-ah." Yi-Han, the male lead of the drama takes a seat next to his hoobae*.

"Annyeong sunbae." She replies. 

"Going over the script?"

"A-ah...Ye."

"So, what do you think?"

"About?"

"The scene."

Sojin gives a dry laugh, a faint blush crawling up her cheeks.

"I have a lot of scenes today, oppa."

"You do, but I meant that scene. Your first kiss scene!" 

Her hands curl the thick booklet of Hangul into a cylinder of sorts, too big to actually be folded in half. 

To be honest, Sojin's a little nervous. And by a little, she means a lot. Yi-Han's right, this is her first kissing scene ever, and she doesn't wanna mess this up. But the thought of kissing someone like Hakyeon, it makes her nervous somehow.

"Yah, I think it's sweet. Hakyeon comes to the house to confess in front of everyone, and then he invites you to reconcile with his family, takes a cup of water to the face for you, and then puts the cherry on top with a kiss."

"Our characters did that, not us."

"Ok ok, a touchy subject I see." Yi-Han holds his hands in surrender. She wishes she could take that back, her statement way too harsh, but instead focuses her eyes elsewhere. He observes her, how her hands are now squeezing down on the rolled up booklet, her cheeks now holding a pink tint across them, and how her eyes stay fixed on her red nails. "If it helps, Hakyeon may be just as nervous as you, maybe even more." 

"Really?" She finally gives him some eye contact.

"Of course! He has to initiate the kiss anyway! He has to kiss you without being too aggressive. He may be pulling his hair out right now!"

She laughs.

"Thanks. It did help." He pats her on the back, standing up.

"I got to start going over my lines for the next scenes. Hopefully you won't mess up. Or else you'll have to do it again, and again, and again.." He teases, walking away.

"Yah!" She calls after him in annoyance.

 

Meanwhile VIXX's leader sits inside the dressing room, eyes going over his appearance once more. He's been told by the cordi-noonas that his make-up would be applied on set since they were about to depart.

He grabs his script, re-reading his lines to get a better feel for his character in order to shoot properly.

Hakyeon kisses Dong Joo.

He reads the command, pursing his lips into a small pout. He's never been in another kissing scene since VIXX's predebut days, where he did a cameo for labelmate Brian Joo in his music video for "Let This Die".

"Maybe I'm a little rusty in this department..." He mumbles to himself, index finger running across his bottom lip in thought. 

Should I move slow? Should I just do it?

Those are the thoughts that run through his head before the FD (Floor Director) calls for him, saying they are about to leave.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They arrive at the playground, which would be a scene for both Hakyeon and Sojin this time. Yi-Han and Sang-Jin are there for support, some cast members leaving from work, and others still waiting to film their finishing scenes. The two are pulled to the side by Joo Dong-Min, the director.

"Are you guys ready?"

"Ye." They both reply. Sojin looks up at Hakyeon, the male doing what she should be doing, which is paying attention to the director.

"So, as stated, Hakyeon will initiate. Sojin, you'll be in the midst of a sentence when he cuts you off. I want this to be very realistic. You guys have been doing a great job with the delivery of your scenes so I expect nothingless this time around. Now, since this is your first kiss scene, it's ok to be nervous. If you mess up that's fine. Just don't mess up too much ok?"

"Ok." Hakyeon answers first.

"Alright." Sojin follows.

The two get in front of the cameras on set.

"Ok, we're gonna try some different approaches and then see which one we'll use!" Dong-Min shouts through the bullhorn.

E-eh?! DIfferent approaches?!

Sojin's eyes widen in panic.

"Ok! Hakyeon! Sojin! You two will be walking on the sidewalk towards the swings! Stop when I say so! And... ACTION!"

 

(no subs when I watched so I'll just use context from the phrases I know)

bold + italic = filming of the drama

 

"But, the feelings I have for you, I don't know them yet." Dong Joo walks in step with her dongsaeng, the man that's been by her side for the longest.

"That's ok." He smoothly replies, turning to give her a soft smile.

"Even if I don't confess my feelings?"

"That's ok too. If you don't do it, then I will."

"What kind of person would-" 

 

"Cut!" The director yells. "Sojin-ah, you're not supposed to turn your head!"

"Mianhae**. I'll do it again." She bows. Hakyeon just looks at her, a smirk playing on his lips. "What?"

"Nothing. Let's do well huh?" He moves back to their starting point.

"Let's try another way. Go sit on those two swings there." The two leaders follow Dong-Min's command, Sojin's swing with orange plastic covering over the chains and Hakyeon's green. "Hakyeon, you'll get up and lean to kiss her alright?"

"Ok!" He flashes a thumbs up.

He sure doesn't seem nervous to me... Sojin looks over at the VIXX member.

"Let's do well." N repeats, holding up a fist. "Fighting!" She just provides a weak smile. 

 

"That's ok too. If you don't do it, then I will."

"What kind of person would-"

 

No... No, I've made it this far...

Sojin gets wide eyed again, her heart beat rapid the closer Hakyeon gets. She jerks back a little too hard, falling backwards off of the swing.

"Cut!" The director shouts.

"Are you ok? You're not hurt are you?" Hakyeon's gaze is worried, the male pulling her back to her feet.

Other staff members try their best to tend to her. The cordi-noonas fix her hair back and dust a little more powder on her face.

N folds his arms, still standing near her.

"W-what?" She addresses him. Instead of a response he tilts his head slightly.

"Ok! Get back in your places!"

 

"What kind of person would-"

"Cut!"

"What kind of-"

"Cut!"

"....."

"Cut! Let's take 15!"

 

Sojin sighs deeply, a sense of embarassment and shame overtaking her. The staff members are back to moving about. The brunette takes a seat on one of the nearby benches, a little ways off from the filming site.

"If you keep this up, I'm gonna start thinking you don't want to kiss me."

His presence suddenly announced makes Sojin flinch in fear.

"Scared me!" She places a palm over her chest where her heart is, willing it to calm down. Hakyeon sits next to her.

"You know, this is my first kissing scene too. I mean, the one back then was just a predebut trainee for a MV. Now, it's Cha Hakyeon. VIXX's N. People are gonna be seriously judging me for this. They'll look back at this and say, "Oh yeah, that's Hakyeon.""

"Was that supposed to comfort me?"

"I honestly have no idea." They both chuckle. "But, I understand why you're nervous. This is your absolute very first kissing scene-"

"With a dongsaeng that's five years younger than me." She cuts.

"What does age have to do with anything?"

"I don't know. It's just- nothing."

"It's what?"

"Nothing, forget I said anything."

"Too late. Tell me. This can help with the scene going by much smoother."

"I'm thinking of a bigger picture. What if the kiss has a negative backlash?"

"It's a drama."

"Yeah, but most people don't care about that. They just see the people kissing. I just got out of this scandal with EXO, and I really don't want to be pulled into another."

He stays silent for a while.

"I like you."

"Huh?" She questions.

"A scandal is something morally or legally wrong. You and I being together isn't illegal or morally wrong."

"Be serious ok? We're idols. Many female idols are often on the short side of the stick whenever we're talking to someone's 'oppa'."

"That won't stop me from liking you, you know."

"I'm five years older than you."

"And I repeat, what does age have to do with this? I like you. And it's messed up that we can't be together because of how society sees us."

"That's the way it is."

"It doesn't have to be."

Hakyeon claims her lips for the first time, the kiss gentle.

Sojin can feel her heart about to burst through her ribs and out of her chest, his lips warm and soft against her own. She's never felt this way about a man, about a kiss, and if she has before it pales in comparison to what she feels now.

 Hakyeon moves away a short distance, lips still close as if he was asking for some type of approval from her.

Ottokaji?***

Sojin nods softly, N moving back in and kissing her once more, lips starting to move against each other. One hand gently cups her cheek, the other in her hair only moving when she wants to switch angles. Sojin gives in, her hands wrapping around his waist and moving up to his shoulders. A warm feeling settles over the two of them, lips starting to tingle and swell.

"Yah! Why not do that on camera?!" 

The couple jumps away, Yi-Han there with Dong-Min behind him.

"Let's get this filmed while the mood is still here. Kaja!****" Dong-Min heads to his director chair.

"Fighting!" Hakyeon cheers, going on set.

Yi-Han looks at Sojin, wiggling his eyebrows.

"Not a word." She scolds, walking on set as well.

"And... ACTION!"

 

"But, the feelings I have for you, I don't know them yet." Dong Joo states, gently rocking back and forth on the swing.

"That's ok." He gives her an assuring smile.

"Even if I don't confess my feelings?"

"That's ok too. If you don't do it, then I will."

"What kind of person would-" 

   

   

   

 

"And CUT! Great job!"

The staff members applaud.

"You've done a good job!" Both Hakyeon and Sojin bow, heading back to their trailers.

"Sojin-noona!" Hakyeon stops her.

"Yes?"

He kisses her a third time, smiling when Sojin turns red in the face.

"I really like you."

"I...like you too."

"Then, can I take you out for lunch sometime?" He bashfully scratches the back of his head.

"You can."

He smiles even brighter at her response. "Goodbye."

"Bye."

Hakyeon leaves.

"So, it wasn't that bad was it?" Yi-Han pipes up.

"Actually, it wasn't bad at all."

 

FIN.

~~~~~~~~~~~

* hoobae = junior

** mianhae = I'm sorry/Sorry

*** ottokaji? = What should I do?

**** kaja = Let's go

~~~~~~~~~~~

A parallel in this story to the actual drama "Family is Coming" (if you haven't caught it or watched the show before)

In the actual drama, Hakyeon likes Dong Joo (Sojin), but Dong Joo is adamant because 1. He's younger, 2. She is a divorced woman, and 3. The society they live in don't think divorced older women should date younger men.

In this story, Hakyeon likes Sojin off camera, but Sojin isn't too keen on that because he's five years younger than her, she was just involved in a scandal with EXO's D.O., and some fans overreact when idols are heard dating one another. Most of the negativity is pushed towards the female idols due to having more females than males interested in K-Pop.

Sojin eventually starts to accept Hakyeon in her life, much like her character Dong Joo in "Family is Coming".

 

JX