Chapter 6: The Fair Game 2

The Mediator 2 (GOT7 MARK feat.BTS Fanfic)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The one week preparation period is finally up and today marks the day of 'The Fair Game'.

The showcase room is now filled with many people as the trainees, along with their respective idol groups scramble in. Everyone was looking all tensed up, knowing that their turn would be up soon.

Of course, In Hyung was extremely worried as well. Yerin, Jimin and I had been trying our best to calm her down since morning, but she still could not overcome her nervousness.

"Unnie... Mu-seo-weo-yo... (I'm scared)", she murmured while standing rooted to the ground beside me.

Reaching out for her hand and giving it a gentle squeeze, I told her,

"In Hyung-ah, relax. I know that this performance matters a lot to you but geogjeong maseyo (don't worry too much). You have to stop being too self-conscious. Just think of it as yourself performing for your loved ones and those who brought you here. Enjoy each and every moment on the stage and you will be fine. Just do your best out there!"

Ironically, I found myself repeating what Youngji had once said to me. Is this some sort of déjà vu?

"In Hyung-ah, all the best!", I showed her a final 'Fighting' sign and told 15& to take good care of her before I took my seat at the judges' table.

"Looks like In Hyungie has yet to calm down uh?", Jin who was able to make it here eventually, was seated beside me and he tilted his body sideways to talk to me.

"Ne oppa. I hope that you guys have taught her well~"

"Tch", Jin then narrowed his eyes at me.

"Of course we have! And not only that, she had earned herself some supporters too alright?", he pointed towards the back of the room.

I scrutinized the room and then saw a group of boys holding on to a banner in the direction he was pointing at. It read 'In Hyungie Fighting!", and in the meantime, I could see a cute figure desperately trying to hide his face behind it.

"Isn't that Nam Joon-ssi?", I tittered.

Jin only raised an eyebrow at me and laughed.

Wow, In Hyung is sure one lucky girl to have the BTS boys present here to support her~

Then, at that same time, GOT7 entered the room together with Jessica. I caught Mark's eyes searching for me, so I waved at him and gave him a 'Fighting' sign as well, which he then returned with a wink.

No matter how much I may dislike Jesscia, I still wish that she can do well, because this is definitely one good opportunity that one cannot miss.

"Yeoreoboon", Jinyoung hyung finally stood up and said when he saw that most people were already gathered here.

"It's finally the day of 'The Fair Game' and I hope that all of you have trained well for the past one week. Before moving on to the competition proper, I would just like to say a few more words. I know that it have been a tough journey here in JYPE for some, but I hope that no matter what the results may be, you guys will still enjoy the performances that you have put up. There will still be chances in future, so fret not", he paused and scanned the room once more.

"With that, let us begin!"

-
-
-

Oh Hani and 2pm oppas were the first contestants and they danced and sang along to 2pm's "Go Crazy". In my opinion, there wasn't much flaws in their performance but Jinyoung hyung said that he had hoped for them to use another song. Upon hearing this comment, Hani gave a loud sigh before leaving the stage with the oppas.

The next few trainees in line also received somewhat same comments. That left them all demoralized as they assumed that once Jinyoung hyung mentioned something bad about their performance, it would mean that that's the end. However, some of them still held on to their hopes as their eyes glistened at me.

"Wendy-ssi", Jin was nudging me.

I looked up to realize now that the next contestant is Jessica feat. GOT7.

The eight of them stepped onto the stage confidently and bowed at us.

"Annyeonghaseyo, jeoneun Jessica ibnida and these are the GOT7 sunbaenims. Today, we will be performing 'Like A Cat' by AOA. Hope that you all will like it", Jessica spoke carefully into the mic and quickly got to her position after that.

My eyes widened as soon as she announced the song they will be performing.

Oh no, isn't it the same song as In Hyungie? I gasped.

Jin held the same expression as me at that instant, and we both turned quickly to face In Hyung. As expected, In Hyung's face was as white as a sheet and I could also notice her trembling body. On the other hand, Yerin and Jimin were both biting into their nails as they thought of what to do next.

Oh my poor girls...

They must come up with another plan fast because as much as you want to perform, you wouldn't want to repeat the same song as others because the chances of you being compared with the other party is just way too high.

Hey no matter where you go (no matter where you look)

Mark started off with the rap which caught back Jin's and my attention.

The pretty girls are AOA

Ooooo~ All of our goosebumps stood up when GOT7 did the y squat dance move together with Jessica.

You know (I know) You know (I know)
I’m good I’m hot I’m fresh I’m fly
Brave sound

Jessica now stood out at the front before the rest.
You say you’ve never seen a girl like me before
That you had a feeling as soon as you saw me
Said that I especially shined even among the many people
Your head turns to look at me, your eyes are filled with me
Seeing you hesitate to talk to me is so cute
The sunlight shines on me like a spotlight light light light
Only I am in your head as a headline line line line
Even when you dream, you’ll see me
Are you worrying? Stop it
Come to me, baby come on
I’ll walk over to you like a cat, picking a rose
I’ll give it to you, I’ll surprise you
I’ll walk over to you like a cat, when you’re asleep
I will softly hug you, I’ll surprise you
Lalalalalala Lalalalalala Lalalalalala
I’m good I’m hot I’m fresh I’m fly
Lalalalalala Lalalalalala Lalalalalala
I’m good I’m hot I’m fresh I’m fly
...

Very soon, the music came to a stop. Their performance earned loud cheers from their competitors, which meant that they were really good. They stood in a row to give the audience an ending bow. As they left then stage, I saw Jessica flicking her hair back from her face before she threw a smirk at me.

I had no idea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter