Goodbye senior

Goodbye senior

There would have a lot of grammar error here, sorry guys. I hope this story would make you smile like it made me smile when I wrote it.

enjoy reading! 

 

~~~~~~~

 

Goodbye senior

 

 

A smile showed up on Eunjung face, seeing beautiful sky as she lay on the floor. She loved the feeling of wind blew pass her body, love the scent of fresh air here, at the rooftop.

 

Suddenly, she heard the door crack opened, someone’s foot step came closer before the person sitting on the floor next to her.

 

“Why you skip your class?”

 

“Because I know you want some company.”

 

Jiyeon flashed a wide grin, reaching her hand to pinched Eunjung’s nose lightly. The older girl chuckled, looked at Jiyeon for a few seconds before pulling her to lay down.

 

 There was no word came from them, they just lay on the floor together in silence. Jiyeon could hear Eunjung breathed, and also hear her own heartbeat. Slowly, she turned to look at the older girl and found Eunjung smiled with her eyes closed.

 

How can you manage to make me fall for you every day, Jungie?

 

Jiyeon reached her hand to the closed eyes girl, but before she could touch the soft cheek of Eunjung the door crack opened loudly. Immediately, Eunjung’s eyes shot opened, she dragged her junior friend to another door at the left side of rooftop.

 

“Yah! You two come back here!” The teacher shouted angrily, but they still kept running. Unfortunately, they bumped to headmaster who walked out from the room.

 

They fell to the floor, groaning in pain while the headmaster studying their face. “Are you okay, Ji?” Eunjung asked worryingly, checking the younger girl body as she hurt or not to receive a nod from Jiyeon.

 

Eunjung sighed in relieve, then lifted up her head to see the angry headmaster shot a dagger gaze at her. “Hahm Eunjung! You skip your class again?!” He yell at her furiously, Eunjung could only give him a weak smile.

 

“As you see, sir.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“It’s your fault.”

 

“How come it turns to be my fault?”

 

“If you didn’t skip your class, I wouldn’t skip my class.”

 

Eunjung’s right brow ached, it was obvious that Jiyeon willing to skip her class by herself but the younger one chose to blame her. “Seriously…?” Eunjung murmured under her breath, tilted her head to look at Jiyeon.

 

A small smile cracked up on Jiyeon’s lips, she found the way Eunjung act was super cute. “What is that face? Don’t act innocent, you are the one who lead us to this situation.” Jiyeon crossed her arms, then wrinkled her nose.

 

“I didn’t force you to skip your class,” Eunjung protested. “You skipped it by yourself.” She added.

 

“Yah, I said it’s your fault. That means it’s really your fault that we’re punished like this.” She playfully hit Eunjung on shoulder, and hit her again when Eunjung mocked her nag.

 

“Yah! Shut up you two! Can’t you see that other students are studying?!”

 

“Sorry.” They both said at the same time, and when the teacher went back to his class, they giggled together. It was fun to spent time with each other even if that meant they were punished or were yelled at.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Eunjung was walking through the hall when she heard some arguing, she quicken her step to where the sound came. She then found Jiyeon was leaning against the wall with two female students before her blocking her way.

 

“How dare you rejected my brother? You even embarrassed him in front of everyone!” The girl shouted angrily while her friend encouraging her to go future by told her how sad her brother was.

 

“I’m sorry. I didn’t aim to turn him down, but I seriously didn’t feel the same as him.” Jiyeon explained, bowed at them as apologize.

 

“Sorry? Sorry your ! You just walked away like a queen, left my brother as he was a fool!” She yelled furiously before grabbing Jiyeon’s collar harshly, causing Jiyeon to yelp in pain.

 

This is nonsense.

 

“Is there any problem girls?” Eunjung asked coldly after coming out from her hidden place, looking at junior high school students who hurting Jiyeon.

 

“Eunjung unnie… t-there is no problem here.” The one who held Jiyeon’s collar shuttered, quickly let Jiyeon go while her friend giving Eunjung a weak smile.

 

“Are you sure? I saw you hold Jiyeon collar? Did she do something wrong?”

 

“It’s nothing. We just play, right Jiyeon?”

 

Eunjung shifted her gaze to Jiyeon and the latter nodded her head. She then walked toward her, standing in front of Jiyeon as protecting her before turning to face the rest.

 

“I’m glad that you just play with her because if I find out that you bully her, I will definitely haunt you girls.” Eunjung coldly said, shot them a dreadful stare making both of them gulped in fear.

 

“W-We won’t.” they quickly said, bowed at Eunjung before excusing themselves. A giggle could heard behind her, Eunjung found Jiyeon was smiling at her.

 

“How can you smile in this situation? They almost hit you.”

 

“But they didn’t hit me, did they?”

 

“Aish, you are so kind Ji. Just say that they bully you, I will more than ready to beat them.”

 

“Don’t waste your time for nonsense thing Jungie.”

 

“You aren’t nonsense thing, but my important person Park Ji.”

 

Her important person? Did I hear right?

 

A blush crept up on Jiyeon’s face, she could feel her cheek heated up. The younger girl looked aside, avoiding Eunjung’s concerned eyes. “Thank you unnie.” She said softly.

 

“For what?” Eunjung asked, grabbed Jiyeon’s hand and dragged her to cafeteria.

 

“For helping me.”

 

“It’s nothing.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“Jaemin oppa.” Jiyeon called the boy who was about to walk pass her, he stopped and looked at her with one of his brows rose up. “Yes?”

 

“I want to give you this oppa.” She handed him a can of cola before flashing her lovely smile. The boy couldn’t help, but blushed madly. “You should drink it now oppa.” She tilted her head, acting cute.

 

“O-Okay.” Jaemin shuttered a bit, he opened the can of cola then drank it. Jiyeon’s smile reached her ears as she knew that he seemed to notice there was something wrong with cola she gave him.

 

“What’s wrong oppa?” Jiyeon asked innocently, trying hard to stop herself from blasting in laugh. She could see a bead of sweat on his forehead as he drinking the cola.

 

“You’re really a gentleman Jaemin.” Eunjung came from nowhere, patted her best friend shoulder lightly while chuckling. Immediately, Jaemin stopped drinking the cola and looked at his friend with wide eyes.

 

“! Don’t tell me that it’s your plank?!” What Jaemin said making Eunjun and Jiyeon blasted in to laugh, they even held their stomach as they laughed so hard.

 

“You should see your face Jaemin! It’s seriously funny! Hahahaha.” Eunjung high five with Jiyeon as they succeeded playing plank on Jaemin. “Aish! No wonder this cola is so salty.” He hissed

 

“C’mon dude, don’t nag like a grandpa. At least we find that you have a serious crush on Jiyeon.” Eunjung teased, playfully punched her friend shoulder. Jiyeon giggled at how funny this two best friends were while Jaemin’s face turned all red.

 

“Shut up!”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Eunjung was in the library, searching books she wanted. She picked two books before walking to sit at the corner where no one around, her favorite spot in this place. She sat comfortably on a chair, reading her book peacefully.

 

Jiyeon who just came into the library quickly approached her, threw her things on the table then sat on the chair beside Eunjung. The older girl still focused on her book, enjoyed the story.

 

“What are you reading?” Jiyeon asked curiously, looked at the cover before arching her left brow. “The tale of Peter rabbit?” She giggled softly, how Eunjung concentrated on the tale was so cute.

 

The younger girl decided to let her unnie had fun with her book. Jiyeon fished her homework out from her bag and did it silently.

 

Even Eunjung didn’t say any word to her, Jiyeon didn’t feel angry to the older one. They busied with their own business, Eunjung read her book while Jiyeon doing her homework, just sitting quietly beside each other brought happiness to them.

 

This is so peaceful… I love staying beside you, Jungie.

 

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“How is it?” Jiyeon asked worryingly, looked at Eunjung who still chewed a sandwich she made. “Is it good?” She impatiently asked, worried about her sandwich taste.

 

After chewing for a minute, Eunjung flashed a wide grin and lifted her thump up. “It’s delicious Ji, you should make it for me every day. I love your sandwich.” The older girl said happily, biting on the sandwich.

 

What Eunjung said making Jiyeon’s smile reached her ears, seeing how happy Eunjung was really made her day. “Really? Let me taste it Jung.” Jaemin who sat next to Eunjung said.

 

“No! This is mine!” Eunjung quickly lifted the sandwich into the air, preventing from stealing by her best friend. “Just one bite Jung!” He said, trying to grab the sandwich.

 

“Man, you two aren’t kids anymore.” Hyunji nagged in annoyance, knocked her friend heads making them groaned in pain. “Idiots.”

 

Jiyeon giggled at the sight, this three best friends were really cute and funny.

 

“Jiyeon.” Hyunji called out, looking at the younger girl.

 

“Huh?”

 

“Why you make a sandwich for Jungie?”

 

Jiyeon gasped, didn’t know what she should answer. Eunjung and Jaemin stopped their fight and turned to look at Jiyeon as well. “Hyunji is right. Why you ONLY make a sandwich for this pabo Jung?” Jaemin asked.

 

“Yah!” Eunjung punched Jaemin’s shoulder as the boy called her pabo. She then turned to Jiyeon once again, finding that the younger girl was speechless.

 

“B-Because… b-because…” Jiyeon really had a hard time, she couldn’t find any excuse. Hyunji seemed to notice what she felt toward Eunjung, and Jiyeon seriously hated a teasing smirk on Hyunji’s lips.

 

“Because she just want to. Why you guys need to ask that?” Eunjung answered instead, shrugged her shoulder nonchalantly.

 

“Who I ask is Jiyeon not you, Jungie.” Hyunji pointed at Jiyeon before waving her hand. “Anyway, you don’t need to answer Jiyeon. I think I already get the answer.” She smiled at blushing Jiyeon, then walked away without forgetting to drag Jaemin along with her.

 

“Weird.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  

The graduation is coming soon.

 

There was a week before graduation, Jiyeon was waiting for Eunjung to come out from her class. She leant against the wall next to the door of Eunjung’s classroom, thinking about confession her feeling to the older girl.

 

“Jiyeon? What are you doing here?” Hyunji who passed the way asked, wondering why this junior high school student came in senior’s building. She then noticed that she was in front of Eunjung’s classroom, causing a teasing smirk to creep on her face.

 

“I-I’m waiting for Jungie.” Jiyeon shuttered, guessing that Hyunji knew the reason why she was here. She hung her head down, avoiding the older girl stare.

 

“Let me guess… you have an important thing you need to tell her right?” Hyunji rubbed her chin, smiled playfully making Jiyeon sweated.

 

“No, unnie. I-I just want to congratulate her. You know, Jungie pass the exam of Dongguk University.”

 

“Yeah, she is clever even she looks like an idiot.” Hyunji chuckled. “If you won’t mind, I think I have to go. Jaemin is waiting for me.”

 

“It’s fine unnie. You can go now.” Jiyeon smiled, nodded at the older one.

 

Hyunji waved at Jiyeon before walking away, but she stop after two step. “Jiyeon.” She called out.

 

“Yes unnie?”

 

“Clock is ticking, don’t wait till Eunjung leaves you.”

 

Hyunji smiled, continued her walking as she left Jiyeon lost in her thought.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Eunjung was staring at a small box in her hand for a few minutes, wondering what was inside it. After coming out from her class, she found Jiyeon waiting for her then the younger girl gave this small box to her as a gift.

 

“A gift for what?” Eunjung asked, shook the box lightly trying to figure out what this gift was.

 

“You pass the exam Jungie, you deserve some reward.”

 

“Seriously, you don’t need to buy me a gift.”

 

“I just want to, okay?” Jiyeon crossed her arms, wrinkled her nose looking at Eunjung who sighed softly. “What is it?” Eunjung asked.

 

“Instead of asking me, why don’t you open it?”

 

“Aha! You’re right!” Eunjung smiled like idiot, quickly opened the gift. There was a silver bracelet with EJ alphabet on it. “EJ?”

 

“Yeah, E for Eunjung and J for Jiyeon. So, you will miss me every time you look at it.” Jiyeon said proudly, took the bracelet from the box and put it on Eunjung left wrist.

 

“This is really beautiful. Thanks Ji.” Eunjung smiled, pated Jiyeon head tenderly while looking at her bracelet without knowing that she made younger girl face redden.

 

“By the way, even you don’t give me any gift, I will still miss you.” After finishing her words, Eunjung suddenly hugged Jiyeon tightly, lifted her up a bit before shifting around and laughing like a happy little kid.

 

“Yah! Everyone are looking at us.” Jiyeon hit Eunjung’s back lightly.

 

“I don’t care.”

 

“You’re such a dork.” Jiyeon murmur softly, retuning Eunjung a tight hug with a sweet smile on her face. She loved hugging this pabo.

 

Clock is ticking, don’t wait till Eunjung leaves you.

 

Hyunji’s word ran into her mind all of sudden, she really needed to confess before it too late. “Jungie, can we talk?” Jiyeon whispered softly. “Aren’t we talking now?” Eunjung playfully asked before getting a light hit from her junior.

 

“I really need to tell you something. It’s very important.”

 

“What is it?” Eunjung broke the hug, looking at Jiyeon whose face seemed so serious.

 

“Jungie… I lik-“

 

“Eunjung! Miss Jung wants to talk with you.” The boy shouted, waiting for Eunjung to follow him. Jiyeon could only sigh, nodded her head at Eunjung who gazed at her with guilty eyes asking for a permission. “Go.”

 

“Tell me later, okay?” The older girl asked to receive a nod from Jiyeon.

 

She hugged her again before following the boy to meet her teacher. Jiyeon sighed, leant her back against the wall as she felt her knee weak. Slowly, she lifted up her hand to hold her chest trying to calm her rapid heartbeat.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Jiyeon was on the rooftop, looked at the beautiful sky. She could feel the wind dancing against her skin, but it didn’t help anything. The uneasy feeling in her heart was something that bothered her so much.

 

Why this feeling is so painful?

 

She mentally asked herself. She didn’t want her love story to end without even starting, but she didn’t know how she would confess to Eunjung. She afraid that the older girl wouldn’t give the answer she wanted, afraid that their friendship would break into piece because of what she truly felt.

 

Senior and junior…

 

She hated this two words, she didn’t like this labels which made her feeling like Eunjung just looked at her as a sister. She wanted Eunjung to look at her as a mature one, not a kid who couldn’t take care of herself.

 

Even she was just a junior high school student, but she thought she was mature enough to know what she felt or wanted. The problem was she really had no idea what Eunjung thought about her. Jiyeon sighed.

 

“What are you doing here?” Jiyeon was startled by the voice that came from nowhere. It was from Eunjung who just walked into rooftop area.

 

“Just like you. I’m skipping class.” Jiyeon said, shrugged her shoulders while Eunjung lying down on the floor. Jiyeon looked at the older girl for a few seconds before deciding to lie down beside her.

 

“You know, skip class this often isn’t good.”

 

“I know.”

 

“You have to work hard to catch up with your class.”

 

“Yeah.”

 

Then, they felt into silence, staring at each other without a word. It was somehow comfortable than talking randomly.

 

Suddenly, Eunjung sat up as she realized something, took a small card from her pocket before handing it to Jiyeon. “What is it?” Jiyeon asked confusedly.

 

“I don’t know?” Eunjung shrugged her shoulders, tilted her head aside looking at the small card which already in Jiyeon’s hand. “How come you don’t know?” Jiyeon murmured softly before carefully opening the card.

 

I love you, Jiyeon.

 

Immediately, Jiyeon’s heartbeat raced, her eyes widened while blushing scarlet. She quickly turned to look at Eunjung in disbelieve. “Oh, it’s Siwan’s confessed card.” Eunjung said surprisingly.

 

Wait. Who is Siwan?

 

Jiyeon then looked at the card once again before finding ‘Siwan’ word on the end of the card. She sighed in disappoint. Eunjung who noticed Jiyeon’s reaction elbowed her teasingly. “What is that reaction? Aren’t you happy?”

 

“No.”

 

“Why? Siwan is a handsome and smart boy. Oh! He is kind-heart too.”

 

“I don’t know him, Jungie. What is the reason that I should be happy?”

 

“You have someone who like you. Doesn’t it good?”

 

“It does, but it help nothing. The person who I like doesn’t return my feeling anyway.”

 

“What? You already have someone in your heart? Why don’t you tell me?”

 

You are clueless, Jungie.

 

Jiyeon sighed, stood up and left Eunjung dumbfounded. She wasn’t ready to confess yet, not this time that Eunjung willingly to push her to someone else.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Jiyeon held a Rilakkuma doll firmly, waiting for the graduation to end. The final year students were still in the hall, receiving their diplomas.

 

After an hour, Senior began to walk out from the ceremony one by one. Jiyeon’s eyes quickly searched for her crush, and then she found her favorite unnie. Eunjung was head locked by Jaemin who was laughing with Hyunji, happy smile on their faces showed how glad they were.

 

Eunjung then noticed Jiyeon who smiled at her from the corner of the building, excused herself from her friends before running to Jiyeon.

 

“That’s mine, right?” Eunjung pointed at Rilakkuma doll in Jiyeon’s embrace, flashing a wide grin.

 

“No, this’s for Jaemin oppa.” Disappointment immediately showed up on Eunjung’s face, causing Jiyeon to chuckle hilariously. “I’m kidding. It’s yours.”

 

“Thank you, princess.” Eunjung bowed like a knight before taking the Rilakkuma doll from Jiyeon who was blushing furiously because of the ‘princess’ word.

 

“You’re funny, Jungie.” Jiyeon fake laughed, trying to hide her shyness. “Congrats.”

 

“Thanks, Park Ji. By the way, I just recall that you have something to tell me, right?” Eunjung asked as she remembered that Jiyeon didn’t tell her yet, she was busy because of graduation that made her couldn’t spent enough time with the younger girl.

 

“Yeah, can we talk somewhere else?”

 

“Sure, please lead the way.”

 

Jiyeon giggled at how lovely Eunjung’s words was, she led Eunjung to the front gate of school where they first met. Eunjung followed her quietly, wondering what Jiyeon wanted to tell her.

 

“Do you remember this place?”

 

“Yep, here is where we first met. I was running like crazy afraid that I would be late and BOOM! I bumped to you.” Eunjung chuckled, remembering how Jiyeon yelled at her in furious because of running without looking at the way.

 

“It was funny that we became like this after that, stuck with each other like you were me and I was you.” A smile curled on Eunjung’s lips as she heard Jiyeon’s word, stared at where she first met Jiyeon recalling all things that had happened in that day.

 

Jiyeon was looking at the one who captured her whole heart lovingly. “Jungie, I lov-“

 

“I hope our friendship will last long.” Eunjung cut Jiyeon off, turned to look at the younger one with a wide grin on her face. “Let’s become best friends till the last breath of us.”

 

Jiyeon felt something inside her cracked, it was her heart that broke into thousand pieces. She tried hard to fight back her tears that screaming to shed from her eyes before forcing a smile on her face. “Best friends till the last breath.”

 

Eunjung who was clueless pulled Jiyeon into a tight hug without knowing that her action making Jiyeon wanted to cry out loud even more.

 

“Jung! Let’s take a picture!” Jaemin shouted from the front of senior’s building. Eunjung broke the hug, looking at Jiyeon as asking for a permission.

 

“Don’t let your friends wait, Jungie. Go.”

 

“See you later, Ji.” Eunjung smiled before running to where her classmates were.

 

Slowly, tears soaked in Jiyeon’s eyes. She stared at where Eunjung was lovingly for the last time while letting her tears flowed.

 

“Goodbye senior.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

It was eight in the morning. Eunjung was sleeping peacefully in her bed, shifting herself to find comfortable position. She swung her arm to her left side, pulling pillow into her tight hug.

 

“I’m fallen in love with you, Jungie.”

 

Eunjung’s eyes shot open, quickly sat up on her bed before looking at left then right. “Isn’t that Jiyeon’s voice?” Eunjung murmur under her breath, had no idea about what she just heard. She then slammed herself into bed again.

 

“I’m fallen in love with you, Jungie.”

 

The voice came out once again, Eunjung turned to her left side, questioningly looking at the Rilakkuma doll from Jiyeon which she thought it was her pillow. Eunjung sat up, stare at it for a minute before deciding to press the belly of Rilakkuma doll.

 

“I’m fallen in love with you, Jungie.”

 

She gasped.

 

It’s a recording doll!

 

Immediately, Eunjung got up from her bed, grabbed the Rillakkuma doll before running out.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Jiyeon was lifelessly walking to her school, the place where no longer have Eunjung making her heated student’s life. It wouldn’t feel the same anymore when they separated, everything seemed so boring.

 

She passed school gate, recalled what happened yesterday. There was a sudden urge asking her to cry out loud, to release how painful she was along with her tears.

 

She closed her eyes and breathed in. Moving on was something she needed to learn. Jiyeon stepped forward, walked into school area.

 

“Jiyeon! Yah! Park Jiyeon!” Jiyeon stiffed.

 

Eunjung?

 

She didn’t dare turn to look at where the voice came from, afraid that she would find nothing as it was only her imagination because she missed Eunjung too much.

 

Suddenly, she was yanked backward before finding herself in familiar embrace. The person who was hugging was panting hard.

 

This scent, this feeling, this warm…

 

She knew it was Eunjung who locking her in her tight embrace, but she had no idea why her crush was here hugging her like this.

 

“I’m fallen in love with you, Jungie.” The voice came out from the Rilakkuma doll as Eunjung pressed it. A blush rushed to Jiyeon’s face, remembering that she had recorded her confess into the doll.

 

“Jungie, I-“

 

“And I’m fallen in love with you too, Ji.”

 

Jiyeon felt her heart blooming and even skipping a beat, butterflies were madly dancing in her stomach. Eunjung’s hug suddenly hot as she would melt in her arms, and her mind blanked. Completely, forgot all the pain she had felt like she never experienced them.

 

“I’m sorry that I didn’t tell you early. I’m afraid to get reject from you as you said you already have someone in your heart.” Eunjung explained, trying to catch her breath.

 

“It’s okay. The matter is you love me. I love you, Jungie.”

 

“I love you too.”

 

Jiyeon then broke the hug to get a clearly view of the one who her heart belong to. When she looked at Eunjung, she couldn’t help but laugh loudly.

 

“Yah! Don’t laugh at me. I’m in rush, you know.” Eunjung annoyingly said.

 

“At least you should change your cloth before coming out, everyone are looking at you.”

 

“I don’t care! My mind keep pushing me to run to you, I can’t think straight.”

 

Jiyeon suddenly stopped laughing, her face turned light pink. She looked aside, trying her best to hide her smile that she couldn’t prevent it from curling up on her lips.

 

“Hey, look at me.” Eunjung said, used her hands to hold Jiyeon’s cheek turning the younger one to face her gently. Jiyeon stared at Eunjung’s eyes, it was like they had a spell that making her want to drown deeper into them.

 

“Will you be my girlfriend, Park Jiyeon?”

 

“Pabo! Why you need to ask when you already know the answer?”

 

“Tsk! You love this pabo. I just want to confirm what kind of relationship we are.”

 

“We are a couple and yes, Jungie. I’ll be your girlfriend.”

 

An idiotic grin flashed on Eunjung face. Her heart beat madly like it would rip out of her chest when she felt Jiyeon’s soft lips captured hers. Jiyeon gave her the sweetest taste she could ever know in her life.

 

“I guess you didn’t brush your teeth yet?” Jiyeon pulled back with a smirk, now officially girlfriend causing Eunjung to gasp in embarrassment.

 

“Yah!”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~