Lee Byunghyun

Angel's Coffee

You/Sera's POV

"Wait here! Nature calls~~~You can order first, but don't enter the puppy room without me!!" I wrinkled my nose at him.

"Gross, man! Just go!" I smacked his arm as he left me at a random table in the cafe. Looking around, the cafe's walls were painted red and white. Looking quite modern. Divided into two major sections; unpon entering, the cafe seemed just like any other. However, if you ventured deeper, there was a puppy room which was free of charge to enter...as long as you bought a drink. 

After surveying the cafe, I resorted to going on my phone to check my emails. It wouldn't hurt to check again for confirmations! Just then, a collision happens near my table and an ice coffee went flying. Suddenly, I felt a wave of cold, "Ah!" I gasped as it bounced off my blouse, effectively spilling all over the table, floor, and I. 

"! Oh, s-sorryyy!!" A cute male employee fusses and manages to drop a stack of napkins on me.

"It's ok..." I smile feebly and wave a hand motioning him to go away. 

"I-i'll be back with a mop!" Good grief. It was only midday and I was already a mess. He rushes away to, I assume, make a new ice coffee since a different female employee comes back with a mop, and quietly wipes it up after giving me another apology. I smile at her and assure her that it was alright. 

Chanyeol comes back and his eyes widen,"Damn...I walk away for a minute and you've already gotten yourself into an accident! Tsk. Can't trust you!" He offers to get me a new blouse, which I refuse.

"Gahhh, my phone!!" I cry, noticing that my poor phone had taken a bath in a puddle of coffee.

Chanyeol snickered, "Aren't you glad that I convinced you to get the water resistant one?" 

"Just help me wipe this, you over-grown elf," I responded throwing his a napkin. The cute waiter comes back with more napkins, and I thank him. He bows and turns to leave when Chanyeol grabs him. 

"Hey, our resident shortie!" He looks surprised before locking hands and bumping shoulders with him. Chanyeol turns to me and introduces the waiter to me. "This, my friend, is Lee Byunghyun. "

"O-oh, you're cafe is very cute," I stuttered. I had thought that he was an employee! Turns out he the one Chanyeol told me about. 

"Thanks! and..uh..I'm sorry about your shirt," He gestures at my blouse and sheepishly rubs the back of his head. "Ow!" He cries out when Chanyeol thumps him on the back.

"You were the one who spilt the coffee on her?" He guffawed, "Way to leave a first impression!" 

Byunghyun awkwardly clears his throat, and asks Chanyeol to choose a drink. He then leaves with the order.

Chanyeol then excuses himself to go talk on the phone. Geez, for someone who was telling me I needed some time away from work...  I attempt to save my blouse and end up getting bits of tissue stuck onto it. So unattractive...where can I get myself a change of clothes? Home was way too far...and I had chosen to bus to work today...Aish I'm such an embarrassment. 

"I'm back~ Here!" Chanyeol throws a package at me. In it was a blouse similar to the one I was wearing.

"Ooh, you shouldn't have! What would I do without you? How m-"

"It's nothing," He already knows my words before they come out of my mouth, "just cover for me if I mess up at work." I grin, getting up to go to the washroom. "As long as it's not going to cost me my job." 

When I finished, I walked back to our table to find Chanyeol chatting animatedly to the cute waiter...I mean, Byunghyun. The owner of the cafe. I mentally slapped myself for calling him cute. 

He bowed to me again and I waved him off. "I already said it's ok!" 

Chanyeol gasps, "What? Why are you so lenient? You should make him buy you coffee!" 

Byunghyun quickly nods, "Yeah, come back anytime, my treat." Then he takes us to the back where all the puppies are and introduces us to them one by one. He looks absolutely delighted by each of them. 

While Chanyeol is having a blast being chased around by one of the bigger dogs, I sit in the corner with Sangchu. He was the runt of his litter but Byunghyun had insisted on taking him from the animal shelter (He then kept Sangchu at his own house, caring for him until he was strong enough to interact with the others in the cafe). I could tell why he insisted on Sangchu. He was just adorable and liked to cuddle up in people's laps. I smiled, lightly his head.

3c57936a7e3aca456a6dd7bce0453d1dc7e8572b 

"He likes you," I flinched at the voice, causing Sangchu to open his eyes and peek at me. Byunghyun sits crossed-legged in front of me.

"He's cute" Gosh, do I have to say something is cute everytime I talk to him? First the cafe, now his dog...what's next? His shoes? I mentally slapped myself again.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

L.Joe's POV

I wanted to tell her that she was cute too, but refrained.

"I'd like to say that he is good at judging character." I tried instead. I caught her embarrassed look and unconciously grinned. An awkward silence passes between us.

"Chanyeol tells me that you are a workoholic." She raised her eyebrow at me, "n-not that that's a bad thing." She laughs. Good, I'm not screwing up too badly. "You should come over to the cafe since it's close..I-i mean, with Chanyeol of course." God, why the hell was I stuttering so much? I'm supposed to be the smooth and suave one here!

"I'm sure he'll find a way to drag me here..though I may be the one dragging him here cause I think I'm growing an attachment to this one," She Sangchu's head with a gentle smile on her lips. 

I silently cheer that my dog has won her over, though I'm not quite sure why.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

This is going to be a pretty short fic~ So maybe like 5 chapters? nothing set in stone though~ 

Hope y'all enjoyed this chapter ^^

Much Love, 

toffee13