Park Chanyeol

Angel's Coffee

*You might want to read the Description Box first before starting the story, cause it has a dead giveaway of who Sera's going to end up with hahaha* 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your/Lee Sera's POV

The room hums quietly as I do my work. Organizing an event this big was really no small feat. The room filled with my co-workers tirelessly typing add to the room's sounds. A mixture of the AC humming, clock ticking, pen on paper, tireless typing...occasional rings of the office telephone...and...

"I'M BACK~" Someone slams a stack of assorted text onto my desk, sending a few sheets of paper fluttering in different directions, "I got all the resources you needed!" I huffed biting down laughter that threatened to bubble up. He looked ridiculous; tousled hair, ed dress shirt and a foolish grin. 

He never ceased to brighten up the dull office life with his virus like smiles. One could always count on him to be passing round cups of our favourite coffees during the busiest hours and tell us crazy inappropriate jokes to crack us up. It was a wonder that I got anything done with him around. Yes, that's right, I worked in the same office setting as my crazy best friend of 20 years. 

Right now he was handing out cups of coffee to the staff. One wonders how a mere civil servant like him can afford to buy so many cups of coffee per week. 

Now that's a real secret. There are a circle of families that have been wealthy since the Han dynasty. However, they remain unknown to the majority of the population. Chanyeol belongs to one of them. Somehow, I had the honor of meeting his family. And boy, his folks were people of another level. Now you know, as the son of a chaebol, he has an endless supply of allowance. Instead of living luxuriously, he chose to hide his wealth. It was understandable actually. It was a way to prevent from attracting the wrong type of friends. Especially those money hungry gold-diggers.

I feel a know on my cubicle wall and smile at the sight of his head poking around it. "How's the preparations coming along?" As the resources manager, I had been contacting various groups and about their possible attendance to our event. 

"Confirmed only two , and you know the event is only a month and three weeks away!". I sighed, everyday was closer to the looming deadline. 

"Aw, cheer up! It'll come around somehow! If all fails, I'll go up and perform!" He stood up and did a horrible imitation of 2NE1's 'I am the best', "Bam-ba-rat-dat-dat-dat-da-da-da-da-da!" A co-worker passed by and covered his laugh with a cough.

Snickering, I told his, "I think I'll manage." 

Lunchtime rolls by and I was able to complete a satisfactory round of paperwork. I quickly assign new tasks to the resources team, then dismissed them for lunch.

Chanyeol stays behind."Sera! Do you have any plans for lunch?" I shook my head, "Great! Listen, my friend opened a cafe near our office! Let's go there!" 

"Wow, sounds great!...but what about-"

"Oh shush, you can continue when we get back, eating in the office is so boring!"

"Oh, alright." With that we walked out of the room. I looked around to see if everyone left already, then dashed towards the elevator, "Race you there!" I called out while sprinting. 

"Hey, you cheater!" I laugh, making it just a millisecond before he does to the elevator doors.

"You have longer legs mister, I'd like to argue that this is absolutely fair of me to have a head start!" He makes a tsk sound and proceeds to telling me all about the theme of this new cafe while we entered the elevator. The owner was another longtime friend of his, who had a thing for puppies. He was explaining in detail the hassle and costs of puppy cafes. We walked down the street and rounded the corner. 
"We're here, Angel's Coffee!" Chanyeol grinned widely and opened the door. 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A little something I wrote when I was supposedly studying functions...enjoy?

-toffee13