Final

Why he bought a plastic ring

Sehun had been pacing back and forth all day long, his best mate since kindergarten Jongin was getting just slightly annoyed with the younger’s nervous behavior. “For Christ’s sake, Sehun sit down!” Well ‘slightly’ might be the wrong word. Sehun quickly looked over at his hyung before moving the couch deciding that it might be time to listen to Jongin for once. He was still nervously tapping his feet on the floor. Jongin let out a loud annoyed groan “Sehun! No sounds, for just a few seconds… Please, no nervous behavior thingies, for just a few seconds” He almost sounded like he was begging. “Sorry hyung… but what if he says no?” He asked, the panic and agony in his eyes giving away that he was seriously thinking of it as a possibility. Jongin could only facepalm “Sehun, I knew you were an idiot, but this beats every stupid thing you have ever said before”

As the bickering in the living room continued, someone seemed  to have arrived home. “Jonginnie, how was yo- Oh, Sehun, what are you doing here?” Kyungsoo asked, carrying some plastic bags since he had just returned from grocery shopping. That was Jongin’s que to go and help his beloved and well also to get away from Sehun, because in all honesty the guy was nowhere near enjoyable company now. Though he still felt the urge to explain what was going on, “Well you see, Luhan is returning from his family visit in China today, right? And Sehun over there, well… He plans on popping the question” After that the dancer escaped to the kitchen to unpack groceries. Kyungsoo launched himself closer to Sehun and sat down on the couch beside said boy. “For real? That’s amazing, Luhan will be so happy!” Kyungsoo stopped himself from rambling on and on and on and on when he noticed the scared look in Sehun’s eyes “What’s wrong?” “What if he says no?” Sehun asked the elder, but was only answered by a flick on the forehead “Don’t talk nonsense Sehun. He loves you, why would he say no?” With that Kyungsoo also moved to the kitchen knowing Jongin was probably already eating half of the candies the had taken home from the store.

Sehun, now left alone in the living room of Kyungsoo’s and Jongin’s house, finally realised that he indeed was talking nonsense. He knew Luhan loved him. Hell, the other told him every single day, he even called every evening in China to tell him. He chuckled at the mere thought of his angel being back in his arms soon. He took the red velvet box out of his pocket and  opened it just to stare at the ring he had gotten his other half and soon-to-be husband. He couldn’t wait to see Luhan again, to hug him, smell his perfume, nuzzle his soft hair and kiss him like it was their first kiss all over again.

 

*Flashback*

It was Sehun and Luhan’s first official date. The two had met in high school, Sehun fell face first with no stopping for the cute faced Luhan. Mutual interest had always been there, no one could deny that by far, though Luhan had struggled with the idea of falling in love with someone younger than him just like Sehun had struggled with falling in love with a male. Both giving up on the idea that what they felt was wrong, decided to give their relationship the honest chance it deserved. That’s when Sehun found out that he had been missing out on a lot before meeting Luhan and today was their first official date.

It was a Friday evening, after school they had gone out for dinner. Sehun, wanting to be a gentleman, refused to let Luhan pay for the dinner even if he had to use aegyo to convince the elder. After dinner they went to the movie theatre, neither of them really liking the moochy romance stuff, decided to watch a comedy instead. That’s where Sehun found out Luhan has the habit of hiding his face against Sehun’s shoulder when he’s laughing too hard. Once the movie was over, Sehun took Luhan back to his dorm. Before he was planning on turning around so he could go to his own dorm, Luhan stopped him “S-Sehunnie… Would you like to come in for a bit longer?” He asked hopefully. How could Sehun refuse that?

That night Sehun and Luhan had fallen asleep snuggled up to each other, spooning. Luhan, since he was smaller, was the small spoon. Sehun, to wake the other up, nuzzled against the back of his angel’s neck, making Luhan giggle. “Yah~ Hunnie, don’t do that, it tickles!” Well, he sure was awake now. “Sorry, Hannie” He said in a cute voice. Luhan turned around in Sehun’s arms, poking the younger’s chest “Meanie” he said, pounting cutely. “Na-ah Luhan, I told you before… pouting makes me want to kiss you” Sehun said causing the other to blush a shade close to deep red. But he still kept on pouting. “I warned you” The youngest of the two said before softly and carefully kissing the other’s lips. That’s when Sehun found out Luhan’s lips fit perfectly on his and that from now on, he’d never want to kiss someone else’s lips.

*End of flashback*

 

Jongin had suggested driving Sehun to the airport to pick up Luhan, since the younger didn’t have his driving license yet. Kyungsoo, who didn’t want to miss a single thing of the proposal, refused to stay home and went along with the two boys. Sehun seemed less nervous, he was still nervous but now it was more just excitement about seeing Luhan again. He had really missed the other dearly. He had gotten a bouquet of roses, knowing how much Luhan liked cheesy romantic things. Kyungsoo had been going on and on to Jongin about how he should be more romantic just like Sehun, it was a funny sight to see really.

They finally arrived the airport. Sehun got out of the car first, as expected. He got inside the airport first, as expected. He was looking at the giant board that showed at what time the flights arrived and all the other information needed for those who were there to pick someone up. Sehun soon found the flight from Beijing. “So, where do we have to go?” Jongin asked as he and Kyungsoo approached Sehun. “Terminal 3” The tall blonde said before walking towards said terminal. His watch had managed to become his best friend, he was checking it every five seconds in hopes that time would go faster. Luhan would arrive in ten minutes. And yes, ten minutes later the board by the terminal signaled that the flight had safely arrived and the passenger would arrive soon. Sehun had a smile plastered to his face as soon as he saw that. His eyes were now only focussed on the exit of the terminal. Luhan was close, closer than he had been in days. Jongin and Kyungsoo were sitting on one of the benches a bit further away, not wanting to disturb the moment that was coming.

A few minutes later, Sehun’s sight was met by his cute angel approaching him. He was carrying his luggage and close to running towards his tall boyfriend. As soon as Luhan was close enough for Sehun to touch, he pulled the smaller into a close hug. “I missed you” He whispered. Luhan dropped his luggage as soon as he reached the other. He snuggled into his chest, the place where he felt safe “I missed you too, Hunnie~” “Uhmm… Luhannie” Sehun started, nervous but he wasn’t stopping now “I need to tell you something” He continued before handing his boyfriend the roses he bought. Luhan took them happily just staring at Sehun. “I love you from the bottom of my heart, I can’t get even close to expressing how much I look forward to tomorrow just because I know you’ll be there with me, I love waking up with you beside me every morning, just like I love going to bed being able to snuggle with you whenever I want. I want all that to last forever, I want it to last till the end of our days on this planet and well… That’s why” Sehun reached in his back pocket taking the red velvet box in his hand and going down on one knee, since well… Luhan loved  the cheesy stuff. “Will you marry me?” Luhan doesn’t know clearly when tears had started rolling down his cheeks. He doesn’t know when he nodded and hugged Sehun so tightly he thought he might break the other, which he would never be able to. But all he knows is that he couldn’t be happier.

Sehun was still holding the red velvet box. “Now, before you get your ring… I… I didn’t know what kind of ring you would like, we had never discussed marriage before so I had no idea what style you’d like or anything else… So uhmm… I got you this one” He said before opening the small box, inside was a simple plastic ring “But, I promise that tomorrow you and me are going to get our own engagement rings and we are going to choose them, together” Luhan couldn’t help but smile “It’s perfect” He whispered, okay maybe it wasn’t, but to Luhan it was.