Friendly Coffee

I Do Care

"Dae! Table six!" An echo heard as Jongdae looked up to go to take the tray.

If you knew Kim Jongdae, you maybe went to a very different side of your life. He was a literature student who didn't even good in anything beside writing essays and poems. Due to lack of money, he decided to work in a restaurant near his flat. Then he began to learn how to be a waiter from his senior in restaurant, Luhan who was scarier than his usual grammar lecturer.

He swifted fast to deliver the order and took the next tray. The restaurant wasn't that huge so he must moved efficiently from table to another. That  day was epic and Jongdae was trembling because he still didn't used to this job.

"Look out!" Jongdae couldn't help his balance and fell beside a table and luckily the food didn't spill to the customer.

He fell hard on his but later he stood up and started apologizing. The man who sat beside the scene laughed and Jongdae flushed in embarrassment.

"Easy there. Are you okay, Mr. Waiter?" A deep voice heard as the other friend across him stood up to check on Jongdae too.

"Hope he's okay. Don't scare him with that teeth of yours, Yeol," The man said.

Jongdae apologized to them and began to pick the scattered plates.

"Use the broom!" The man with eyeliner across the boomy voice man said again.

"Thank you," Jongdae replied and he felt slighty better because they were both nice.

"I'm Chanyeol and that's my Baekhyun. Rough day huh?" Chanyeol began the conversation.

"I'm Jongdae and yeah. I'm still not used to this. Sorry," He gladly replied.

"Wait! I think I know you!" The one named Baekhyun pointed at Jongdae.

"Who is he?" Chanyeol excitedly asked as Jongdae remembered about Baekhyun who famous as the head club of journalist team in university.

"He is the nerd in literature major and currently he applied to my club! Do I right? Your writing about the assignments go hard seems good anyway. I currently discussed about the new recruitments' list," Baekhyun smiled in satisfaction because he remembered well.

"Dae!" Luhan's voice heard as Jongdae waved goodbye and ran to help again.

Jongdae sighed in relief when he was away from that journalist president because he almost forgot about that submitted article of his. He wanted to explore more of his writing skill so he braved himself to join the club. But still, being a nerd wasn't that easy because he always ran from popular boys who looked to bully his kind.

"Is it hard to work with that glasses? You should take it off and use soft lens," Luhan pointed at the blurry glasses of Jongdae.

"I don't like soft lens. It hurts and I'm afraid that my eye capilaries get infected," Jongdae shyly said but Luhan chuckled upon the medical explanation.

"Okay then. Should we get to work again?" Luhan ruffled the younger's hair and Jongdae nodded.

***

"Mr. Kim! Mr. Choi wanted the report this evening," A voice heard as a man looked up to face the usual secretary of his boss.

"On it right away!" the chubby man started to dwell with the printer.

Kim Minseok, known as the best accountant in the biggest company in Seoul. He worked for Wu Yi Fan, the famous architect who built his own construction company and he happened to deal with money matters, like everyday. Yifan often brought Minseok along in some agreements to cut the expenses and effecting all the money. But still, he was just an ordinary man with works to do.

"You should get some rest," A voice heard and Minseok looked aside to face a man with baggy eyes staring at him.

"You should get more sleep, Panda eyes," Minseok chuckled.

"Hey my eyes are natural. You are the one who should rest," Tao, the co-worker of his said as Minseok laughed upon the childish act.

"I will rest," Minseok decided to call it a day after he submitted the report.

He quickly waved goodbye to all his coworkers and walked along the street. It was near dinner time and he needed to have a good meal. Besides he entered a restaurant whose owner got his heart jumping in happiness. It was a time when he met Luhan and went awestruck at him all day. They tried to go on several dates. It was a good date, always because they seemed to match with each other. But still, they were still friends because Minseok wasn't sure about Luhan's feelings.

"Hello there," Minseok greeted the moment he spotted Luhan near the cashier.

"Good evening Minseok! Wanna eat? You need to eat nice food to survive those crazy numbers," Luhan beamed happily as Minseok grinned.

"I shall order the-."

Minseok never finished his order when he felt a hot liquid poured harshly at him along with the bowl and a tray. Luhan screamed as Minseok felt a body bumped hard onto him until he knocked down onto the floor.

"Oh my God!" Luhan did scream again as Minseok looked up to find a man with glasses who fainted right on him.

He concernly got up and Luhan helped the fainted waiter. Then he decided to follow Luhan to the locker room.

"What's wrong with him?" Minseok said as Luhan examined the poor waiter.

"He's a careless one. Fever. I'm going to get you new shirt and medicine for him," Luhan got up and went outside.

Minseok stared at the waiter. He seemed so vulnerable and fragile in thin body and sharp jaws. It seemed that he smiled because those lips curled up like a cat. Luhan came back and gave a shirt to Minseok who excused himself to the bathroom to change.

***

Jongdae didn't feel so good that day. After taking few aspirins for the headache, he braved himself to go to the usual classes and study but none of them cured the headache. And now he felt the weight on his body as he tried to open his heavy eyes.

"Where?" He mumbled and tried hard to get up.

"Whoa slow down there. Are you okay?" He heard a unfamiliar voice and rubbed his eyes to clear the vision.

"Who? Who are you?" Jongdae asked in shock to see a dazzling man who sat beside him.

"Dae!" Luhan barged inside as Jongdae turned to his hyung.

"What happened?" He weakly asked because he felt the headache again.

"You are a fool for not caring about your health!" Luhan scolded as Jongdae pouted and fixed his glasses.

"Don't be so hard on him, Luhan," The stranger said again.

"And say sorry to this man, Minseok, because you bumped him hard with a bowl of tofu soup with bowl and tray too," Luhan turned to the stranger as Jongdae gasped and started bowing in apology.

"I'm sorry for the accident. I can wash the clothes if you want. I'm so sorry," Jongdae bowed again.

"No. You should take a rest," Minseok smiled upon the shocked waiter.

"You have fever!" Luhan said as Jongdae touched his forehead.

"Oh I guess I am," Jongdae replied as Luhan facepalmed in defeat.

"Is he always like this?" Minseok asked Luhan and he started to grow curious with this waiter.

"Not really. He's smart usually," Luhan said before he stormed outside to tell everyone to clean the restaurant before closing it.

Jongdae seemed blank and they engulfed in silence right after Luhan left to instruct the workers.

"So uhm.. Hello I'm Minseok?" Minseok offered his hand for a shake.

"Kim Jongdae," Jongdae at last gained his full conciousness and shook hands with the new guy.

"So you are the waiter?" Minseok still tested the focus of this guy.

"Apparently yes. I'm a sloppy one. Ah! I should help the others close the restaurant. Excuse me," Jongdae rushed outside and sneaked out to avoid Luhan while he decided to clean a corner.

Jongdae shocked at the moment he woke up to a chubby face with one lid sparkling eyes beside him. He was just dazzling until he almost forgot how to formally interact with people. Jongdae's habit again, he thought as he sighed in defeat.

"Jongdae!" Luhan spotted him as he showed up with Minseok.

"Yeah?"

"Don't work too hard. I want to go out with Minseok so please follow the manager's instruction. Okay?" Luhan concernly said as Jongdae nodded and Luhan swifted to the other waiter.

Jongdae watched as Luhan talked with Minseok casually to each other. Yeah maybe they were more than friend so he avoided the thought about Minseok and continued working.

***

It was a light evening when everything happened the same like yesterdays but Jongdae got a cloud with storm on his head. He hadn't work on his latest project and currently search for a spare time to finish it little bit. Suddenly the bell rang as two people stepped inside when Jongdae wiped a table. Noticing from the voices, he knew that it was the same duo.

"Hey Jongdae!" A deep voice heard as he watched another boy, the journalist, waved excitedly at him.

"Can I take your order?" Jongdae asked as he prepared the note.

"Don't be so formal. Oh I have a good news for you! We accepted you as our member!" Baekhyun beamed as Jongdae widened his eyes.

"Really?!" He cheerfully asked as Luhan turned to search for the sound.

"Yeah! Congratulation!" Chanyeol applaused.

They didn't hear the bell rang as a person stepped inside.

"Hyung please listen to me!" A voice louder than their chat echoed as Jongdae turned to see a boy, taller than Luhan, grabbed his boss's arm.

"I told you we can't be together!" Luhan harshly replied as he snapped Sehun's hand.

"Liar! I know that you love me! If it's about age. I don't care! Let me love you!" The boy cried as everyone turned to see the scene especially when Luhan surrendered at that boy's sudden hug.

A bad feeling knocked Jongdae's heart. He slighty remembered when Minseok chatted with Luhan yesterday. They seemed closed enough but this boy was closer than he imagined. It was sad to know that Minseok liked Luhan but the other fell on the different person. He silently hope that Minseok didn't come that day so he couldn't see them.

He gained his conciousness when applauses heard around him. So, the boy confessed to Luhan and his boss accepted it. Baekhyun began to write a news about this while Chanyeol chanted his congratulation. But he didn't feel that happy and just smiled while reminding those duo to say their order.

***

Minseok hummed as he began to walked happily to the restaurant. He really wanted to meet Luhan after those rough long day in he office and maybe watched another movies that night. Lucky for him to be with Luhan who shared the same interest in movie so they always have something to talk about.

He narrowed his eyes the moment he noticed that the restaurant slightly merrier because he saw people applausing on something. Then seconds later everything went the same again so he decided to enter the restaurant. His eyes widened upon a boy, standing close to Luhan and they were holding hands.

"Minseok! I want to introduce you to my boyfriend! This is Sehun," Luhan beamed happily as Minseok's face darkened.

"Kim Minseok. Luhan's friend," Minseok bitterly said as Luhan crooked his eyebrows in confusion.

"Are you okay?" Luhan asked concernly as Sehun did the same.

"Permission to go out!" A voice heard as Luhan saw Jongdae swifted to them.

"You can go but where? Jong-!" Luhan couldn't continue because Jongdae grabbed Minseok's hand and dragged him outside the restaurant.

Minseok didn't have any power to let go of Jongdae and he lifellessly follow the waiter to a nearby park. Jongdae let him sat on a bench as he finally turned to see the other.

"Sit there. I will be back," Jongdae got up and left Minseok there.

Tears started to form on his eyes the moment Jongdae went away. He thought that Luhan liked him too but he never told about that younger boy. He shouldn't hope on Luhan from the first time and disappointed at himself. It was hurt and he couldn't bear the feelings anymore.

"Yah!" He suddenly felt a warm feeling on his cheek as he looked up to see Jongdae brought two cups of warm coffee.

"Drink. It won't heal much but it will make your mood better," Jongdae sat beside Minseok.

"Thank you. I guess. I can explode right away if you don't pull me away," Minseok scoffed and sipped the coffee.

They let the night wind brushed their hair and body between the dim light in the park. Jongdae didn't dare to say a word simply because he didn't want to remind the other about what just happened.

"I happened to like Luhan since I saw him in the restaurant but maybe you're not working there yet," Minseok said in sudden.

"You can tell me if you ready to talk. Don't force it," Jongdae fixed his glasses.

"It hurts," Minseok finally confessed.

"I know. But you should move on," Jongdae replied.

"Thank you. Really."

"I shall go back. I neglected my work! Oh my God!" Jongdae got up fast.

"Let me accompany you," Minseok said.

"But they're still there!" Jongdae reminded.

"It's okay. I need to move on. Like you said," He replied and Jongdae let him walked aside until they arrived.

Jongdae quickly went to help as Luhan came to Minseok with concerned look.

"Are you really okay?" Luhan asked.

"I'm not fine. But yeah I'm trying to be okay. Where's Sehun?" Minseok asked.

"He went to the toilet."

"Luhan. I want to say that I like you since we met. But you seems to find someone else," Minseok confessed as Luhan's jaw hung open.

"But Minseok. Oh my. I don't know. I'm-I'm sorry," Luhan quickly said as Sehun came to them.

"And Sehun, better to always protect Luhan. He got too excited sometimes and often knocked things up,"  Minseok chuckled as Luhan blushed.

"Yaah I'm not that clumsy!"  He protested.

"I will hyung. It's nice to meet you. Luhan hyung told me about you too. Thank you for protecting him all thiis time," Sehun bowed.

"Don't be so formal and Oh! I shall go back now. See you guys later. I don't want to be a third wheel," Minseok smiled as Luhan and Sehun accompanied him outside.

Jongdae smiled upon the nice encounter as he cleaned a table. It was a relieving sight to see, for real. He saw Minseok went outside and hopefully he couldn't spend the night well after those shocking moments.

***

"Uuh excuse me? You're here again?" Jongdae spotted Minseok who sat and called a waiter to take his order.

"Yup. And I want to eat the most delicious food here," Minseok replied as Luhan greeted him from afar.

"Fine then," Jongdae decided to give the best menu he knew.

Luhan stared suspiciously at Minseok who hummed in ease because yesterday, his best friend's mood crushed down.

"Are you really broken hearted? You seem happy," Luhan teased as Minseok turned to him.

"I know for now that you don't have any feelings for me. I'm a fool for continuing to suggest myself that you're the one," Minseok remembered when he cried that night and even needed to use eye concealer to disguise the baggy eyes.

"Is it Jongdae?" Luhan asked.

"I don't know. He is nice to me," Minseok answered.

"Don't love him when you're in that stage. You must make sure of your feelings. He's a nice boy and I don't want to see him hurt," Luhan reminded and Minseok realized that.

"You're right," He replied as Jongdae came with his food.

"Happy eating!" He beamed.

"You seem to get used to this job," Minseok started to talk.

"Yeah finally. I shall go now. Enjoy your food," Jongdae bowed and went away to help the other table.

Jongdae decided to have minute rest in the locker room upon his increased heartbeat when he met Minseok. He knew he shouldn't feel like this because Minseok maybe just fell for him temporarily. Not everyone would move on that fast and he knew it well. Suddenly his phone beeped and a message arrived. Baekhyun told him about the theme of the newest university magazine and he needed to submit an article this week.

"Another british literature essay, poem project due next week, video of opera, and now an article," Jongdae counted the work as he sighed. "Another sleepless night," He sighed and went outside when he heard someone called him to help.

***

Minseok didn't come to the restaurant for the next three days because he didn't want to meet Jongdae. He didn't want to like Jongdae just because he saved him last time. But when he was eating alone at the different restaurant, he always remember about Jongdae. Especially when they first met, those curly lips was cute and he couldn't erase it from his mind.

He realized that maybe he actually fell for Jongdae. So he decided to see the waiter again and came to the restaurant.

"Minseok! Nice to see you here," Luhan greeted right away.

"Uhm.. Where's Jongdae?" Minseok asked unsurely as Luhan smiled.

"So at last you came here to search for him?" He teased.

"I-I fell for him, I guess. He is a very nice person."

"He's a literature college student," Luhan explained.

"What a suitable major," Minseok remembered about Jongdae's thick glasses.

"And where's he?"

"Unfortunately I suggested him to go home because he seems pale today. Maybe it's his college projects," Luhan huffed because he was worried too.

"Give me his address," Minseok seriously said.

"Well then. I will," Luhan smiled upon his best friend. "Don't screw it up," The owner continued.

"I won't. Thank you, Luhan," Minseok hugged his best friend and rushed outside.

***

Jongdae sang along the song as he typed on his essay. He often stopped and sipped his coffee because he needed to work on all his project. When he first arrived, he swifted to the medicine rack and took the aspirin to cure his headache that disturb him since morning. He the air conditioner because it felt hot that night.

Suddenly he heard someone called from outside his flat. He took off his earphone and tried to walk despite a sudden headache again.

"Who?" Jongdae opened the door as he saw a blurry figure in front of him before everything went dark.

Minseok quickly hold Jongdae's body right away. He carried Jongdae to his bedroom worriedly.

"Fever," Minseok murmured as he noticed the messy room.

Papers everywhere and he stared at the laptop. Then he decided to went out and searched for medicine. Jongdae needed to ear before he drank his medicine so Minseok rummaged to the refrigerator and searched for food. When he found a little sack of rice and vegetables, making a porridge must be good. He began to cook while humming.

He noticed that Jongdae was a dilligent student due to all spreaded papers and books on the shelves. After he finished cooking, he entered Jongdae's room with a bowl of porridge on the tray. He noticed that Jongdae's eyes stirred and the waiter finally woke up.

"Where?" He mumbled and tried to clear his vision.

"Glad to see you awake," Minseok said as Jongdae's eyes jolted open and he groaned.

"How can you come here?! You're not a stalker right?!" He pulled the blanket closer to his face.

"You opened the door and fainted. Now eat and drink the medicine," Minseok ruffled Jongdae's raven black hair and gave him his glasses.

"And why you came?" Jongdae began to eat the delicious porridge and tried not to blow hard because it could blur his glasses.

"I came to the restaurant to search for you, Luhan said you went home as suggested by him, I asked for your address and here I am," Minseok explained.

"And why you search for me?" Jongdae asked again in confusion.

"Maybe it's inappropriate but I want to say that I like you," Minseok confessed as Jongdae stopped eating right away.

"Check it again. You just forget about your long crush.  It isn't real," Jongdae sternly said but Minseok chuckled.

"That's why I don't came to the restaurant for days."

"So that's why," Jongdae mumbled but Minseok noticed it. "I kinda used to see you there. That's all," He diverted his gaze from Minseok's stare and ate  again. "Still I can't trust you," the waiter murmured.

"Then how to make you trust me?" Minseok whined.

"If you can kiss me, maybe I will trust you," Jongdae blurted but too late, he gasped and covered his mouth in shock because it seemed like an invitation.

"Fine. I take the challenge," Minseok swifted closer as Jongdae panicked and kept covering his mouth.

Minseok laughed and backed away as Jongdae sighed in relief because of the safe distance. He wanted to get up from the bed but stopped when he felt the soft lips on his own. His toes curled up because it was hectic and right at the same time. The moment Minseok moved his lips, Jongdae pushed the other in shock while blushing hard.

"I-I don't know how to kiss someone," Jongdae shyly said as Minseok let a laugh again.

"Well I can teach you how," Minseok leaned closer, took off Jongdae's thick glasses and kissed him again.

Jongdae copied all Minseok's movements right away and heck, it felt so good to be kissed like that. The porridge was soon neglected to the night stand as Minseok pushed Jongdae onto the bed softly. Their lips molded perfectly and Jongdae could feel a love in Minseok.

"Stop," Jongdae choked when Minseok's lips trailed down to his neck, sending the butterfly kisses on it.

"Why should I?" Minseok murmured between the kisses.

"You can get sick too!" Jongdae pushed Minseok playfully as the other pouted.

"Don't care," Minseok kissed him again.

"No! Don't come near me," Jongdae covered his face with his pillow.

"Okay okay. We shall go to the doctor in case it getting worse," Minseok Jongdae's hair tenderly.

"Oh no. I neglected my works!" Jongdae got up but Minseok hold him down.

"Don't! I will bring it all here. But please don't work to hard on this. I can help you," Minseok rushed outside to gather all Jongdae's papers and laptop as Jongdae chuckled.

***

"I see a good news here," Chanyeol entered the restaurant as Baekhyun spotted Jongdae who talked to a man cheerfully.

"Dae!!" Baekhyun called as Jongdae turned to see them.

"Hello there," Jongdae greeted back but those two's attention was on Minseok who smiled.

"Who is this?" Chanyeol beamed.

"Hello I'm Kim Minseok, Jongdae's boyfriend," Minseok introduced himself as the duo's jaw hung open.

"Whoa what are you do for a living?" Baekhyun's curiousity increased because of Minseok's formal suit.

"An accountant in Wu Corporation," He replied.

"Whaat?! You work with Wu Yi Fan? Oh my he is our idol! Please say hello from us when you meet him again," Chanyeol shook hands with Minseok in full happiness.

"Guys," Jongdae called before they interrogated Minseok further. "Shall you sit and started ordering?" He continued.

"Eat with us!" Baekhyun suggested to Minseok.

"Well then. I'm waiting for Jongdae to finish his shift so count me in. Is that okay, sweetheart?" Minseok turned to Jongdae who blushed upon the word 'sweetheart'.

"Yes you can wait with them. But please don't question him much," Jongdae realized that Baekhyun's journalist instinct peaked up and he was afraid that tomorrow would be an epic day in university club.

"We won't," Baekhyun winked and walked to a table with Chanyeol.

"Don't worry dear," Minseok leaned closer and kissed Jongdae fully on the lips as The waiter jolted in shock because they were in public.

"No too much PDA," Luhan's voice heard after Minseok went to join the duo.

"I'm sorry," Jongdae shyly said.

"Don't worry I'm just kidding. Let's get to work again, shall we?" Luhan winked as Jongdae nodded happily.