여덟 (VIII)

Last Winter With You

Author

 

The alarm was so annoying that Rahael slammed her phone on the side table. She groaned and sat up on her comfy bed with her messy hair. Baekhyun’s who’s room located just another wall beside suddenly woke up because of the loud bang sound. He quickly went out from his room and ran towards her room.

“ Yah! Cha Rahael, are you okay in there? ”

 

Being the polite boy he was, he tried not to opened her door. Rahael was surprised hearing his voice outside. She didn’t know what to answer him because nothing bad happened actually.

 

“ I’m okay Baekhyun, don’t worry. “

 

Baekhyun who heard her reply immediately released a relieved sigh. He also didn’t know that both of his parents were watching his actions. Both of them knew that their one and only son loved and care for Rahael. Before this, they hardly saw him being so caring and loving. Not even when he was still a child. He was a very arrogant and selfish boy. Eventhough his parents were very busy, but they never failed to teach him to be a good boy. But still, their efforts didn’t went out well because he never changed his attitude.

 

“ Look at him honey. Finally, after all this year our son is changing into a better person than he was. “

“I know right? Before this, he never behave like this towards other people.”

 

Mr. and Mrs. Byun looked at each other, proudly smiling. Meanwhile, Baekhyun went back into his room, getting ready for school and same for Rahael. His mom went to the kitchen to prepare some breakfast for them and his father went to his car garage to fix one of his favourite car.

 

Rahael was the first to finish getting ready and she went down. A delicious scent went through her nose and she was 100% sure that the scent came from the kitchen. She threw her schoolbag on the couch and went there. She saw many dishes were placed on the dining table and saw Baekhyun’s mother was still cooking in the kitchen.

 

“Eomma, why are you making so much food? It’s only breakfast though. Bread and butter would be enough.” Rahael pouted.

“Rahael-ya, I’m making these for you and let me tell you something, Baekhyunnie and appa eat a lot. So, that’s why I’m making extras. In case, they finished them before we could eat.” Mrs.Byun made a funny serious face making Rahael to let out chuckles.

 

“Ah, really? Then I should help you to make some more eomma. I can’t believe that both of your boys eat so much. Their physicals are-“ 

“Just like other normal person. Right?” Mrs. Byun chuckled.

“Yeah, that’s right.”

“That’s because I always look out for nutrional values eventhough I always feed them with so much food. Besides, they always work out in the weekend together.”

“Geurae? Ah~ They are so lucky to have you. “ Rahael pouted. Mrs. Byun just patted her head and she giggles. Both of them stop laughing when someone interrupted by coughing.

“Waa~ Smells delicious eomma. I can’t wait to eat right now. Palli eomma!” Baekhyun shaking his mother playfully. Rahael watched him surprisely. *He never acts like this at school. He’s just cold and arrogant at school though. I wonder why* She thought.

“Aigoo~ Baekhyunnie, stop acting so childishly in front of Rahael. Rahael-ya, I think this is the first time you see him acting like this right?”

“Neh eomma.” She blushed a little bit but fortunately for her, no one noticed. So, the three of them went to the dining table and soon after that Mr. Byun joined them. Rahael sat beside Baekhyun and ate silently. After having their breakfast, Baekhyun took his schoolbag and went to his car.

 

“Appa, I’ll be driving my car today so please tell Choi ajusshi not to fetch me at school today.”

“Arasseo. I’ll tell him later.” Baekhyun smiled and waited for Rahael. His mother was hugging her like she was going to somewhere else and never come back again. He rolled his eyes watching them. “Eomma~ It’s not like Rahael is going forever. She’ll come back later.” He sighed.

 

His mom just laughed and Rahael was blushing and this time she noticed her. “Aigoo~ Rahael-ya, why are you blushing?” She . Rahael just looked down and smiled. Mrs Byun just smiled looking at her. She went to the car and both of them headed to school.

 Before Rahael went out, she felt her hand was being pulled. “Meet me here after school. Okay?” she just nodded and went to her class. Baekhyun went to meet his friend, Kyungsoo at the canteen.

 

“Kyungsoo!! Wait for me!!!” He ran towards Kyungsoo who just finished buying his breakfast. He heard someone called him from behind and looked back.He saw Baekhyun was running towards him. He laughed watching his friend. “Wow! This is the first time I saw a bacon was running towards me.” *Can you imagine a bacon is running towards you? I mean literally, a bacon. Hahaha* He can’t stop laughing and received a hit on his head.“Yah~ I’m not a bacon! Can’t you see that I’m a human? A very handsome human?” Kyungsoo just ignored him and continued walking. Baekhyun just sighed and walked with him to class. Both of them were in the same class and both of them were quite famous in school but they dislike the ‘famous’ title because they went to school to study, not to gain fame.

 

The math teacher was in and the class started. He asked them to hand out their homeworks and Baekhyun was shocked because he totally forgot about his math homework and didn’t do it. But fortunately, his teacher was kind enough to let him do it and asked him to pass the book the next day. Baekhyun just apologised to him. Kyungsoo just looked at him with his are-you-serious look.

The class ended an hour later and it was free time for Baekhyun and Kyungsoo because they didn’t take History subject. *Well, I really wish that this is true in reality. I don’t like History because the subject really need a lot of reading and it is so boring. ! Who agree with me ? haha okay back to the story* So, they decided to just walked around the school. Baekhyun wanted to go to the juniors classes block and Kyungsoo just followed him.

They went to Rahael’s classroom and saw her sleeping while holding her book so the teacher can’t notice her. “Yah~ She’s sleeping but still managed to keep her good grades? She’s really something.” Baekhyun said. “Maybe, she studies at home. But why you want to come here?” Kyungsoo smirked. Baekhyun just glared at him and walked away. He laughed at his bacon friend and followed him.