Chapter 1: The Golden Mask

Treasured Secret

Kai wakes up breathing heavily and sweaty from his dream. He ran his fingers through his locks and sighed. It wasn’t a nightmare but actually a very pleasant dream. A dream he had since he was 9 years old. He closed his eyes and tried very hard to remember the whole dream but all he could see was the beautiful face of the pale boy. Those pale skin, big round eyes, and heart shaped lips. He tried to hold on to the image but failed as the clear image dissolved into a blur.

---

 

Kai surveyed the artifacts that proudly adorned the huge museum. He continued to walk around, amazement reflected in his eyes.

 

The afternoon sunlight seeping through the high glass windows enhancing the golden glow emitted by the whole room left him breathless.

 

He stopped in his tracks when his eyes landed on a specific artifact. It was situated in the very middle of the room, encased in bulletproof glass. Unconsciously, he walked towards it as if he was in a trance, stopping only a few feet away.

 

An unknown feeling of familiarity swept through him as he stood there face to face with a large golden mask, which was perfectly made to look like a person’s face. Eyes lined with kohl seemed to be staring straight at him.

 

“The death mask of Tutankhamun. Beautiful isn’t it?” a voice spoke beside him.

 

He turned his head towards the direction of the voice. The speaker was a young male, shorter than him. He scanned his face with a curious expression. Pale skin, big rounded eyes, and a heart shaped lips. “I have seen him before.” He mentally thwacked his brain for recognition but nothing came out. His forgetfulness unreliable.

 

“Hello Kai.” The shorter male emitted a youthful and mysterious aura that intimidated him.

 

 

Kai continued staring at the other without a word.

 

“He knows me?” He asked himself. “But why do I surely feel like I’ve seen this person somewhere.”

 

He bit his lower lip in concentration.

 

“Have we met before?” Kai blurted out, caring less if it sounded a little demanding.

 

Amusement was clearly shown on the shorter male’s eyes.

 

“I don’t think so.’ He answered. “If you’re wondering why I know your name, Professor Park informed me that a student of his will be coming here to get a file he needed.” He continued.

 

“But how did you know it would be me?” Kai was definitely not convinced.

 

“I assumed…I guess?” The shorter shrugged, but the knowing smile on his lips tells otherwise. “I’m Do Kyungsoo by the way. Curator of this museum.”

 

“Kim Kai. Archeology student. Old man Park’s errand boy.” Kai took the outstretched hand for a handshake when a sudden jolt of familiar tingling feeling surged through him. His eyes widened and hastily pulled back his hand to his side.

 

“Is something the matter?” the other male asked, his knowing smile widened.

 

“Are you sure we haven’t met before?” Kai asked again. He knows it was futile to repeat the question he knew the answer to.

 

“I think I already told you the answer to that.” Kyungsoo teased.

 

Kai opened his mouth to say something but closed it. He just nodded in defeat.

 

“Here’s the file Professor Park asked you to get.” Kyungsoo handed him a tightly sealed thick manila folder.

 

Kai took the folder and bowed slightly uttering “Thank you, I’ll better be going then.” before trudging towards the exit.

 

Kai felt like he left something but shook his head before totally leaving the building.

 

“My King.” The pale boy whispered while staring at the retreating figure before him, no longer amusement in his eyes but pure longing. 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Okaaaaayyyyy. So here's the first chapter. I know it's kinda hanging and vague but I hope you would have an idea on how this story would progress.

I am 100 percent Kai is perfect for this story. Hee hee hee hee