2/3

The Art of War
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Think, Kim Junhee, think!

She forces her brain to work despite the incessant hammering in her head. She glances at the military uniform that is folded perfectly on the table near the bed and recognizes the logo in mere glance.

, this guy is a high rank military man! One wrong move and I will be dead!

“Answer me!”

“No, sir. I am merely a commoner.” She stutters, hoping that he won’t recognize lies beneath her words.

“No commoner is brave enough to enter our camp, especially in the middle of the night.” He hisses, and grips her neck in a rather deadly manner. His long fingers can snap her neck in mere minutes, “So I will ask you again. Who are you and why you are here?”

Junhee is lost for words, the man before her is indeed serious with his words and she needs to be careful if she wants to walk out alive from here.

“I am – I am” maybe this is the only way, Junhee gulps, “a comfort woman.”

---

A comfort woman, or in Japanese, jugun ianfu, is a woman who provides ual services for the soldiers who are in duty.

While Yifan is not a big fan of using a comfort woman, he knows that the woman (or a man?) before him is not a comfort woman. A comfort woman usually wears tattered rags or something that can be easily opened for better access. If she was chosen to service the higher rank soldiers, she might be dressed in something more elegant like yukata or cheongsam. But the woman before him is even wearing a pants. A man clothing if you want to know. And from her appearance alone, he could know that she is not a comfort woman.

But Yifan is not the second in charge for nothing, so he decides to play along with the game. Let’s see how long will it takes for her to break down.

“Oh, you are a comfort woman. Great! Now strip, I am in need for a good service.”

---

Junhee’s heart plummets down when she hears the words. She has fallen to her own words and there is no way for her to get out from this.

“Sir, I am sorry, but -”

“Isn’t it your job to fulfil my needs?” He cuts her words harshly, “Now strip; I am not a patient man.” He folds his arms in front of his body and looks at her with a cunning smile on his face, waiting for her to degrade herself in front of him.

She almost breaks down in tears from humiliation, she would rather die than doing this but if she dies now, she won’t be remembered as the great Kim Junmyeon. She will be known as the foolish Kim Junhee who is tainted her family name. And she has gone a lot of trouble to keep her family safe and she won’t let this thing ruins her effort.

So, she swallows her own pride and starts to strip out from her clothes.

---

Yifan grins when he sees tears filling her eyes but she struggles not to break down in front of him. But he doesn’t expect that she is serious about this.

Her trembling hands start to open her clothing, sometimes wipes angry tears escaped from her eyes but she never looks up to look at him.

Yifan almost forgets how to breathe properly when she finally finishes. Her white skin glows an ethereal glow in the moonlight and her womanly curves are bared to him; within a fingertip he can touch them all.

But Yifan steels himself, there is more pressing matters rather than tending to his needs.

He begins to inspect the woman before him, more professionally.

---

Her skin is soft and smooth, different from his manly ones. She shivers in delight when he runs his fingertips to the side of her arms, then to her neck.

Damn it, Kim Junhee, you shouldn’t be affected by his touch!

She refuses to meet his eyes but she knows that he is looking at every inch of her body intently, searching for every marks or anything that he can find.

“Sit on the bed and spread your legs out.” His voice carries an authoritative command, which she complies.

“I don’t want to get any diseases from you.”

His word stings her pride with humiliation. Right, for him she is a mere comfort woman. While in fact, she has not been touched this intimately by her own fiancée. And now, she is reduced to a comfort woman who may carry some diseases.

---

He should know that she is a . He can see from the way she shivers by the touch of his fingers, the way she closes her eyes when he caresses her neck, and the way she blushes when she feels him looking at her intently.

She is half sitting and half laying down, propping her arms to support her body weight when he kneels between her legs. She omits a surprised gasp when she feels that he is spreading her folds and two of his fingers enter her.

Her face scrunches in discomfort when he reaches her still intact hymen. She is indeed a ! He quickly withdraws his fingers as if burned making her sighs in disappointment.

“You are not a comfort woman.” He deadpans, staring directly at her. “You are still a . Who are you and what are you doing here? Tell me another lie and I won’t be as gracious to you.”

And she has no other way than to tell him the truth.

---

“Is this some kind of sick joke?” He lets out a humourless laugh when she finishes her story. But when her face remains stoic, he knows that indeed she is telling him the truth.

“How could the Chinese army let a woman join them?” He asks her astonished.

“They didn’t. I joined using a fake identity.”

“As a man?” She nods at his question.

Yifan has some decency to look away when she puts back her clothes, needing some time to clear his mind from everything.

“Your Chinese is good.”

“I am Chinese.” He answers, making her frowns.

“But why do you help them?”

“I don’t.” Her frown deepens, “at least not anymore.” He adds.

He looks at her in such a way that makes her stomach flips under his gaze.

“I will help you to defeat the Japanese army.”

---

Junhee looks at him as if he has grown a second pair of head.

“Why should I believe in you?” She asks curiously. There is no way that his intention is good.

“The fact that I haven’t killed you should be enough. I know that you came with your colleague to map our camp and you are nowhere near a comfort woman. I know that you’re lying since the beginning but I haven’t hurt you in anyway.” He runs his fingers through his hair frustrated.

“But why you want to betray the Japanese army? You are part of them for goodness’ sake.”

“I have my own reasons.” His eyes suddenly mellowed, making her wonder about his past.

“Where is Sehun?”

“Who? Ah, your colleague? He ran out the moment he couldn’t find you. A spineless bastard, unworthy to be called a soldier.” He spats.

“Don’t call him that! Oh Sehun is nothing but a young man who is forced to face the war!”

“Don’t we all that? You and I, we also are forced to face the war. It’s part of life but we move on and carry our lives.”

Junhee is about to retort when someone calls the man from outside the tent.

“Kris Wu, let me in.”

---

Yifan’s blood runs cold when he hears General Nakayama’s voice calling him. Even though he is ready to betray Nakayama, he is not foolish to do so before he is ready.

“Get inside the cover and act like you are sleeping.” He hisses through his clenched teeth, “The General is here.”

The girl, thankfully, has more cell brains that he expects, understands the urgency perfectly and doves into the cover while pretending to be asleep.

Yifan draws a deep breath before opens the tent and finds that General Nakayama is waiting for him.

“Sir, sorry. I was asleep.” He bows apologetically.

“It’s not like

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter