1/1

Unexpected Love
 

**********

It’s their first day of class when Dara was on her way to her room when she bumped to an attractive man. She saw that it was Jiyong or known as GD, the famous heartthrob in their school. He was known to be a cold-hearted attractive guy. He doesn’t care about the people in his surroundings, except his best friend Seunghyun. She was back to her senses when Jiyong scolded her. “Yah, watch where’re you going you !” Then Jiyong walked again.

When she heard that, she felt like she was going to explode in anger. He called her . Why did he call her that? Does he know her? NO! He’s really a cold-hearted man. No one has called her that before! Ughh! Yes he’s attractive but he’s way too bad that it makes her wanna hate him. But no, she can’t hate him, because the first time that she saw him, she fell in love with him. She doesn’t believe in love at first sight at first, even love, until she met him. She didn’t know how she fell for him. It’s just that there was something in him that Dara likes but doesn’t know what it is.

When Dara entered her room, she was glad that there was still no professor. She thought that she was late because of her slow walking a while ago. After few minutes, he saw Jiyong entered the room. She thought that, where did he go few minutes ago? Why did he go the other way if he’s also in this class? Then the professor told the students to introduce to the class, then after, he randomly called students that will be partners for the report and presentation next month.

Fortunately, Jiyong and she were partners. But Jiyong doesn’t know that because he was busy sleeping. Then the professor lectured what they’re gonna report. They need to make a report with what they always do every day.  She saw GD not listening, he’s quietly sleeping on his chair and the professor is just ignoring him. Sometimes she asks herself, why does she loves this man even though she hasn’t talked to him yet since they saw each other.

When the professor dismissed the class, she immediately went to the room of her twin sister Bom and told her what happened earlier. She said that this may be the chance to make GD fall for Dara. But Dara said that that won’t even happen. She’s like a geek. Yes, cause she wears big nerd glasses, with messy braided hair and she’s not that kinda good-looking. GD’s a campus crush, while she’s just a nerdy girl who likes him. Maybe, there will be a possibility that GD will like her twin sister Bom, because she’s beautiful and also a campus crush in their school. How Dara wishes that she’s like her twin sister Bom. How she wishes that she’s also beautiful like her so GD can like her.

But Bom was determined to make GD fall for her twin sister Dara. She said that she’ll make over Dara so she’ll be like her. She said she’s beautiful like her. Of course they’re sisters, so she told her that she’ll teach her how to be simply pretty and make GD fall in love her. Because of persuasion of Bom she agreed.

Days passed, and she’s beginning to worry about their report. She hasn’t seen Jiyong yet since their class. She’s wondering where he is now. Then suddenly, she saw Jiyong approaching her. Then he grabbed her by the hand.

“Hey! Why? You’re so rude! Grabbing someone suddenly?” Dara asked.

“We have a report next month right? Why aren’t you approaching me? Do you want to get low grades? Oh. Of course you don’t want. Nerds don’t like to see failing grades in their cards. Huh!” Jiyong answered back.

“Yah! Yeah, I don’t like to see failing grades in my card but can you please stop calling me nerd? I am not a nerd!” Dara said.

“Okay then, if that’s what you want NERD.” Jiyong teased then smirked at Dara.

Ughhh! He’s just so rudeeee! Why do I love him? Uhhhh! Dara thought.

“Hey, nerd! Why are you spacing out? I’m asking something here!”Jiyong interrupted her thoughts.

“Oh sorry! I was just thinking about something. What is it again?” Dara asked shyly.

“I asked, what are we going to do with our report?!” Jiyong shouted at Dara.

“Yah, Shut up! I said I’m not a nerd! I already have a plan. But you need to obey me, okay?”

“What the hell? What for? “

“Because I’ll be in charge of our report.”

‘Uhh! Annoying! Okay then!”

“Good, so we need to be together always. Like every morning. Until we go home. But we have different schedules so, maybe we can see each other every lunch break? Deal?”  Dara asked.

“uhh. Okay. But take note, this is only for the report! Okay? Geezuz, why do you need to be my partner. I don’t like you!”

“oh. I know it’s only for our report. I won’t bother you again after this. I promise.” Dara promised.

“Good! Okay. I’ll keep going then. When are we going to start this stupid report?

“It’s up to you.”

“oh, let’s start this tomorrow so we’ll finish it already. So I won’t be able to see you again.”

“Oh okay then. I’ll see you tomorrow” Dara waved goodbye.

But deep inside her heart, she was hurting. She was almost close at crying. Jiyong threw hurtfuls words at her.

Why is he like that? Why is he so rude? I want to hate him but I can’t! Why am I madly in love with him despite of his attitude?! Dara thought.

She went home and immediately went to her room and cried. She cried and cried until she fell asleep. She woke up hours later. It’s midnight. She saw Bom at the kitchen.

=

“Bom, why are you still awake?”Dara asked.

“Dara! You won’t believe this! Seunghyun and I are blockmates! OMG. I’m so happy!” Bom exclaimed then danced.

“Hey, calm down. Good for you though. It won’t be hard to make him fall inlove with you. You’re beautiful, kind, sweet, all positive things are in you. But me, no one will like me. I’m a nerd. And no one likes nerds, especially Jiyong.”Dara said and burst into tears again.

“Dara, I told you that I’ll make over you right? I’ll do that for you. Maybe if he’ll see you make overed, he’ll like you? Don’t be so pessimistic. There’s still a possibility that he will like you. You’re also beautiful! Like me! I’m beautiful and my twin sister’s also beautiful! Right?” Bom exclaimed.

“Bom, thanks for cheering me up! I don’t know what’ll happen to me if you’re not there. Thank you so much. I love you Bom!” then Dara hugged Bom.

 “Aww. What are sisters are for? Of course I’ll help you always! I love you too Dara!” and Bom hugged Dara tightly.

“By the way, when am I gonna make over you? Do you have vacant time tomorrow?” Bom suddenly asked.

“Uhh. Yes, but I need to meet up with Jiyong. We’ll start our report tomorrow.”

“Oh! It’s good then! Are you okay with 10 am? Let’s just meet each other at the canteen.” Bom said.

“Oh sure. Thank you so much Bom!” Dara hugged Bom tightly again.

“Welcome sis! Anything that can make you happy” And Bom released the hug.

The next day, she went to her first class. And after dismissal, she went to the canteen to meet up with her sister Bom.

“Dara! Over here!” Bom waved.

Dara approached Bom and asked what to do.

Bom said “we’ll go to the salon, and we need to buy clothes. I have assistant here, she’s CL, so she’ll be buying the clothes for you and we’ll be going to the salon and we need to buy also contact lenses. We need to be back here at 12 so we need to hurry. Good thing’s CL’s gonna assist me. So come on! Let’s go.” Bom quickly grabbed Dara and ran to the parking lot. They rode Bom’s car. When they reached the mall, they quickly went to the salon and told the people there to make over Dara. After 1 hour, the makeover was finished and Dara turned into a goddess from a nerd. She’s awesome!

“Omo! Dara! You’re so beautiful! Wait. I need to see CL, you need to change now. You’re outfit doesn’t suit your new look.” Bom exclaimed.

“Bom! Thank you so much. I owe you! I love you sis!” Dara said.

“As I said last time, anything for my twin sister to be happy. I love you too. Uhh. Let’s stop this cheeziness already.” Bom answered.

Then CL appeared in the salon carrying many paper bags containing clothes.

“Oh finally you’re here! Come on Dara you need to change now. It’s almost 12 pm already.” Bom said while she grabbed the paper bags and grabbed Dara to the comfort room of the parlor.

After few minutes, Dara went out of the comfort room and Bom and CL exclaimed in happiness.

“OMO! YOU’RE SO BEAUTIFUL DARA! YOU’RE A GODDESS! SO SO BEAUTIFUL!”

“Uhh. Thankyou” Dara answered shyly.

“Okay , let’s get going now. We need to go back to school right now. Jiyong’s probably waiting for you now at the canteen.

Then off they went back to their university. Dara ran to the canteen and saw Jiyong sat one of the chairs quietly waiting for her.

“Jiyong! Sorry for being late! Sorry sorry sorry!” Dara said as she approached Jiyong.

“Uhh, why the hell are you—“ Jiyong was amazed when he look at Dara. He didn’t know what to say. He was shocked to see the nerdy Dara to be so beautiful. Then he felt strange, he feels like he’s blushing and he feels his heart is beating so fast.

Why is she so beautiful? I don't know that she can be this beautiful. Uh why am I feeling this way? I am not supposed to feel this way! Jiyong thought. 

“Oh, Jiyong. Jiyong? Uhh. Hello?” Dara was waving at Jiyong cause he was spacing out. She snapped her fingers and Jiyong was startled because of her.

“Yah! W-why did you startled me?” Jiyong asked.

“Oh, sorry Jiyong” Dara apologized.

“Oh, come on, let’s start our report now.”

Then suddenly Seung Hyun appeared and ran to Jiyong.

“Jiyong-ah! Huh huh huh. Oh. Who’s this girl? She’s beautiful.” Seung Hyun asked while panting.

“Oh, she’s Park Dara.” Jiyong pointed at Dara and Dara bowed at Seung Hyun.

“Oh, by any chance are you related to Park Bom?” Seung Hyun asked.

“Oh, she’s my twin sister” Dara answered.

“Oh that’s why. That’s why you’re familiar. You look like her but there’s still differences. But both of you are beautiful!” Seung Hyun exclaimed.

“Oh. Omo. Thanks!” Dara answered in return.

“Oh, Seung-hyun by the way what are you doing here?” Jiyong suddenly asked.

“Oh, i-i-I want to tell you that I won’t be able to accompany you in going home later. Uh uh. Cause I and Bom will go out later. Hehe. Goodbye then!” Seung Hyun said and quickly ran away.

“Oh, is he dating my twin sister? Oh, I heard yesterday that they’re blockmates. Why so sudden already?” Dara wondered aloud.

“Oh, Seung Hyun had a crush on your twin sister since he saw her last year? I don’t know. He told me that. And was so happy when he figured out that they were blockmates. He said that he should’ve not been absent since the start of classes.” Jiyong answered.

“Oh, that’s why. Hah! They like each other. Bom also likes him. I won’t wonder if any time they’ll be a couple already.” Dara exclaimed.

“Yah, come on let’s start already!” Jiyong scolded Dara.

“Uhh, okay okay. I’m sorry.” Dara apologized again.

Days passed and every day they see each other during lunch. Also, they see each other even in weekends.

“Dara!”

“Oh Jiyong. Annyeong.”

“Come on!”

“Huh? Where’re we going?” Dara asked.

“Let’s rest for a bit with our report. We’ll go somewhere else.” Jiyong answered.

“Oh, Where?” Dara asked again.

“In an amusement park.” Jiyong answered.

“Oh! What are gonna do there?” Dara asked again for the 3rd time.

“Uh! Quit asking! You’ll know when we got there. Okay? Ugghh. So irritating!” Jiyong scolded Dara.

“Oh. Sorry again! Sorry if I’m irritating you.” Dara apologized again.

“No, ah sorry. It’s alright! Sorry for shouting at you” Jiyong said.

They ride rollercoaster, and almost all of the rides in the amusement park. And lastly, they rode the Merry Go Round.

“Thank you for bringing me here Jiyong, I appreciated it.” Dara thanked Jiyong.

“Yah, I brought you here ‘cause I want to go here but I don’t have any companions. Don’t assume!” Jiyong answered. But deep inside his heart, with what he said was different with what he feels. He brought her here so he can be with her in a day. 'Cause they’ve been together every day but only during lunch break. And also, because their report’s almost finished now. And that means they won’t be together again. And he also remembered Dara’s promised to him that after this report she won’t disturb him anymore. He's silently wishing that Dara won't do that. He’s always happy whenever Dara was beside him. He’s like always on the mood doing random things. He doesn’t know why he’s feeling it.

“Jiyong, I want to confess to you.” Dara suddenly said interrupting his thoughts.

“I-i-I like, no love you. I know you don’t like me, so I’ll keep my promise, I won’t bother you after our report. I won’t talk to you anymore. I just want to confess to you what I’m feeling inside. I liked you since I saw you. I didn’t know why. But maybe love was just unexpected. We fall in love with the unexpected person in the unexpected time. but I promise you,  I’ll act that we don’t know each other and I’ll act that you don’t exist. I know you won’t return my feelings, so I chose to move on. But before I want to move on, I want to confess to you. I know it’s hard to move on, but I know I can do it as long as we act like we don’t know each other or like both of us never existed in our lives. Thank you for everything Jiyong. I love you.” Jiyong was shocked at the sudden confession of Dara. But part of his heart hurts when he said that she’ll act that they don’t know each other and they don’t existed with each other’s loves.

The ride was over but still no one’s speaking. Dara was the one who broke the silence.

“Jiyong I want to thank you again. This Friday’s gonna be our report day and we had finished our report already. I want to say that starting tomorrow I’m gonna do my promise. I won’t bother you again. Goodbye Jiyong. I love you.” Dara said then quickly ran away.

Jiyong was lost for words. He was so hurt. But didn’t know what exactly he’s feeling. Maybe he was just hurt because he won’t see Dara anymore. He just got used to Dara’s presence. Maybe that was the reason maybe.

Friday came. It was their report day already. While reporting, one of Dara’s blockmates suddenly raised his hand.

“Hi I’m Taeyang. Can I ask a question?” Taeyang suddenly asked.

“Oh, what is it mister?”

“Uhh. Uhh. Can I court you? I liked you since I saw you. Would you allow me? Please allow me to court you. I will never break your heart.” Taeyang confessed.

“Uhh, oh. I was shocked. Why are you suddenly asking that question? But oh. Thanks. Uhh. I’ll allow you. Once agan, thank you.” Dara smiled at Taeyang.

Jiyong was devastated with what he heard. He thought she won’t allow Taeyang to court her. He was hurting again. But he’s still denying his feelings. He just ignored what he heard and also his feelings. He just thought that it’s just nothing and should’ve not been bothered with the news of Taeyang courting Dara. But when he thinks about Dara being with Taeyang, it hurts him, but still continuously ignored it.

Days passed and Taeyang was really eager to make Dara fall for him. He’s just so sweet. He gives flowers and chocolates every morning. And he fetches her at home and in school. Dara think that this man should’ve been the one I loved. If she saw him first would she love him and not Jiyong? Ughh! Why is she even thinking about Jiyong? She needs to move on.

Taeyang and Dara can alwas be seen together. And Jiyong was jealous every time he sees the both of them together. But he can’t do anything about it. He rejected her when she confessed to him.

“Dara! Yah! Annyeong! By the way I wanna tell you. Me and Seung Hyun are officially a couple now! What about you and Taeyang?” Bom exclaimed

“Oh, congratulations Bom! I’m so happy for you! I knew it the two of you’ll be a couple anytime soon. And oh that, I don’t know. Maybe in time, I’ll answer his prayer, I just don’t know when. I’m learning to love him. You know who I love Bom, but you know also that everything we did just became a waste of time. Jiyong did not fall in love with me. I should’ve not  expected that he’ll love me back. I just hurt myself. He doesn’t know the word love. And he will never fall in love with me Bom. It hurts. It hurts so much. Ughh! I need to move on!” Dara said and burst into tears.

Jiyong was just nearby when Dara said that. He heard all of Dara said. He felt guilty at the same time pitiful of Dara. He doesn’t want to see her cry because of him. It’s hurting him. Ughh! Is what he’s feeling love? He’s new to this feeling. He hasn’t been in love his entire life. He’s happy for his bestfriend Seung Hyun also. This was just his been dreaming of. But at the the same time, he’s jealous. He also wants to be together with the one he loves. Can that still happen? He just heard that Dara’s moving on and he’ll answer Taeyang anytime soon. Should he block that from happening? Should he confess to Dara before he loses hope? He should not be too sheepish of his feelings. He’s becoming a jerk.

Then out of nowhere, Taeyang appeared in front of Dara interrupting Jiyong’s thoughts.

“Dara! Come on. I’ll accompany you home now. Oh hi Bom! Oh I’ve heard you and Seung Hyun are a couple now. Congratulations! I hope me and Dara will be also in the future. Right Dara? I’ll be so happy when that happens!” Taeyang exclaimed.

“Uhh, yeah.” Dara answered shyly.

Then they went home together. Taeyang drop Dara on her house. But before leaving, Taeyang kissed her on her cheek and said goodnight. But Taeyang came back again and kissed her fully on the lips. Dara was taken aback on what Taeyang did. She allowed him to kiss her and after few minutes she was kissing back. She was kissing back ‘cause she want to feel if he’s falling for Taeyang now. But she failed. She’s still in love with Jiyong. She doesn’t feel anything when she kissed back.

“Uhh. Taeyang, come on, you should get going” Dara said releasing the kiss.

“Oh, I’m sorry! Uhh. Why did you kiss me back? Are you beginning to fall in love with me? Is my day coming? Will we be a couple now?” Taeyang asked.

“Taeyang I don’t know yet. Please wait for my decision. But still thank you. Annyeong! Be careful on your way home. See you tomorrow.” Dara answered.

“Oh. Okay then. I’ll be patiently waiting for your decision. If you’ll answer my prayer, I’ll be the happiest man in this entire world. Haha. Annyeong Dara! I love you! See you tomorrow!” Taeyang said happily and went home.

Little did the two know, that Jiyong followed them and saw them kissed and heard their conversation. And now he got so jealous with what he saw. He’s so angry with that he saw. He feels like he was bertrayed. He’s angry with himself cause he denied his feelings for Dara. He was angry because because of him, Dara was hurt. If he had said his feelings for Dara, maybe they’re happy together now.

Jiyong ran to Dara and grabbed her hand and made her face him.

“Yah! What was that? Why were you kissing a while ago?  Why did you kissed him back? Don’t you love me anymore?” Jiyong shouted.

“You don’t care! You said you don’t love me! Why are you even bothered with what you saw? Get out of here!” Dara answered back.

“I love you! I denied it at first. When you asked me, I wasn’t sure with my feelings first so I didn’t answer. But when I saw you with Taeyang and what happened a while ago, I got so hurt. I was so angry with myself for not telling you what I feel. I’m sorry please believe me. I love you.” Jiyong said.

“Please don’t play with my feelings Jiyong. Please.” Dara answered and cried.

Then Jiyong kneeled, bowed and cried. “Dara please believe me. I love you. I was new to this feeling so I didn’t know what was this first. Please believe me. I love you. I love you. I love you. I really do. Please believe me. I really do love you Dara”

Then Dara cried more, but now she’s crying not because she’s hurt, she’s crying because of happiness.

Dara kneeled also and held Jiyong’s chin up and said. “Don’t cry anymore. Okay, I believe you now. I was just too shocked with what you said. I didn’t know what to say. I believe you now. I’m so happy. I didn’t expect to love me back. I love you too Jiyong. I always will.”

Jiyong hugged Dara tightly and shouted “I love you Dara! I won’t hurt you anymore again! I love you so much!” then he kissed her fully at the lips.

The next day, they went to school so happy. Jiyong gladly exclaimed the news to everyone. And Dara talked to Taeyang and said sorry.

“Taeyang I’m really sorry. Maybe I wasn’t really the one for you. You’ll find somebody else that deserves you. Thank you Taeyang and I’m sorry.” Dara said.

“No, it’s okay. It’s fine. I knew this would happen someday. Maybe it was really like that. And I wish that girl you’re saying will appear right now. Annyeong Be happy now Dara.” Taeyang said and chuckled and left.

 "Jiyong thank you so much for returning my feelings. I feel like I'm in cloud nine right now. I don't know what to say. I never thought you'll love me back This feels like I'm in a dream." Dara shyly said and bowed her head.

"Hey hey hey" Jiyong held Dara's chin and aligned Dara;s head to his and said "I love you okay. I really do. This is real. I really am in love with you. Don't doubt my feelings for you Dara. I really love you.  I do and I will be forever loving you Dara." Then he kissed her on the lips.

 

*****************

A/N

THIS FANFICTION'S ACTUALLY MY PROJECT  3 YEARS AGO. AND I DON'T SHIP DARAGON ANYMORE BUT IT'S A WASTE IF I WON'T SHARE IT WITH YOU SO I POSTED IT. ENJOY! :D