...

Overdose

{A/N   This is a thought    This is a memory/flashback    

 

Overdose

    I am forced off the ground by an invisible force. My hands try to grab the narrow walls surrounding me, but they seem to have been coated with a slippery substance. I cease my struggling, knowing that it will only make the maze angry. As I am pulled I see flashes of lights coming over the wall. Baekhyun…

    I stop myself from mourning. No emotions… Channie, No emotions. The pulling stops and I fall face first on the ground. I stand up, ignoring the sharp pain on my side. I let my feet lead me, trusting their knowledge of where we’ve been. I walk down an endless path, fog falls around me blocking my sight. Is this it? The force pulls me back down to the ground.  This isn’t fog...

    I bring my hand up, watching the skin peel and become green. My screams are muffled as a vine makes it’s way to my neck. The vine tightens as my vision goes black.

    “Chanyeol, hyung!” Baekhyun grabs my hand and pulls it. “An ice cream store is having a blow-out sale. Ice cream buffet for a dollar!” I smile and watch him pull me across the street. He drags me to a store with bright pink walls.

    “I don’t remember this being here… wasn’t this a bookstore?” I question Baekhyun as he just rolls his eyes.

    “This has to be it! This is the address and the text said it was pink.” Ignoring the prickly feeling on my skin, I entered with Baekhyun….

    My eyes open slowly and I glance around at my new surroundings. It seems as if the vine dragged me to a different portion of the maze. A blue flow of dust passes by and I follow it. It winds throughout the maze and brings me to a patch of blooming nature: one cypress tree stands tall surrounded by narcissus flowers.

    I drop my fatigued body next to the tree and glance at the flowers. Slowly my eyes close…

    “Chanyeol?” I hear Baekhyun call out. The darkness swallowed us the moment we stepped into the ice cream shop. “Chanyeol? I don’t think this was the right place…” I try to walk to his voice, but the closer I get the farther Baek seems to be.

    “Baek, where are you? Lets try to find a light switch or something…” I stumble and fall, only to land on…. grass? “Um…. Baek?” Light starts pooling in the room enough for us to see. We aren't in a room, but a maze.

    “Channie? Oh, there you are.” Baekhyun makes his way over but stops. His hand reaches up and pushes  forward only for him to quickly bring it back and blow on it.

“What’s wrong, Baek?” I walk to him but stop once I hear a buzz. Is that… electricity? “ It seems as if there is a barrier here… This place seems to be full of paths, how about we walk and try to find one connecting ours together?” Baekhyun eyes flash worry.  “Will you be alright?” I ask. Baekhyun acts strong, but he can’t fair well in dark places. “I’ll be just a wall over, Baekhyun. I’ll see you in a bit.” I do a hwaiting and Baekhyun and I start walking.

My eyes flutter open and I try to gain knowledge of my, once again, changed surroundings. I stand and dust off the dirt from my clothes. I walk, fingers brushing against the wall.

“Channie? You still there?” Baekhyun’s voice cracks a little as he glances at the wall dividing them.

“Of course.” I place my hand on the wall, dragging it as we walk. “My hand is always on the wall. If you need comfort, touch it. It will be just like holding my hand, okay?” Baekhyun places his hand on the wall and a soft glow emits from its surface. “Let’s keep walking, hmm?”

My eyes go to the wall, hoping for the comforting glow. Nothing, just the blue dust that seems to manifest itself everywhere. I look ahead and see the same area I left. The same tree, the same flowers are there. I sit and pick up a white narcissus.  “Baekhyun is ok.” I rip off a petal. “Baekhyun is alive.” I rip off another petal. “Baekhyun is safe and at home.” I rip off all of the petals and throw the remaining stem on the ground. “Baekhyun is okay…” I place my hands on my eyes and try to stop the tears. They don’t stop. The endless stream of tears drowns my eye sight and once again I am pulled into darkness.  

    I stumble and fall on the ground, my hand slip off the wall and reach for the ground to catch myself. “Channie?” Baekhyun questions. I stand back up and dust off a blue substance.

    “I’m fine, Baekhyun. I just stumbled. How are you doing?” I place my hand on the wall and am comforted by the glow. “I’m fi---” Baekhyun’s voice stops suddenly and the glow ceases.

    “Baekhyun!” I scream and claw at the wall. “Baekhyun, what’s wrong?” I hear a few grunts and feet being dragged across the dirt ground.

    “Ugh, Chan... Go... Find a way out.” Baekhyun struggles to say. He lets out a few grunts. “I’ll meet you there.”

    “Baekhyun, no!” A warm breeze graces my shoulder and I am pulled back.

    My eyes open and I glance around. “Looks like the same place…” I whisper to myself. I stand up and stretch, ignoring the blue dust that has almost covered my entire body. “Baekhyun…” I let out a sigh and drag my feet down a path. A tear escapes my eyes and I quickly wipe it. “Did Baek cry? No. So don’t you cry either, Channie boy…” I try to reassure myself.

    My vision blurs and my feet cease their walking. Once my vision comes back I see a body lying on the ground. “Baek….?” I see the print of his name on the back of its shirt. “Baek!?” I sprint to the body and grab its shoulders. “Baek! Listen. Are you there?” I scream and turn the body.

    I stand back up with wide, tearful eyes and back away. “Baek…” The body’s head rolls to the side.

    There was no damage shown on the body... nor was there a face.